Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting in the theater for ROS now. They just played a galaxys Edge commercial that had a lot ride footage for ROTR. I couldn’t look away but just be aware if you don’t want to be spoiled.

Yea ! They showed a lot ! Made us very excited for our 7/2020 trip !

All I want to know is Baby Yoda in it or not? If not, then I'm OUT!! 🤣 I mean, let's be real. It's all the world wants right now. J/K Honestly, since Kilo did his thing to his Dad.... I just don't care anymore. Force awakens was good, don't get me wrong. Personally, I just checked out after it and really don't care about Star Wars anymore. And I am a die hard Original 3 for life! It's a shame what has become of Star Wars. The new cast, besides Kilo, just don't seem to have the natural star appeal or "swagger" the characters had in the 70's and 80's for me - it's just too forced (no pun intended).

Dh and I are going tomorrow late afternoon....then we are going again with dd and her fiance on Christmas day. I am anxious to see it but a little sad it'll be over.

I believe there will be more movies with the "current" cast - I read somewhere that the next "SW" movie might be announced in January

Just back. My official spoiler-free review is as follows:

Better than The Phantom Menace.*

*For those who don't know me, I hold the unconventional opinion that The Phantom Menace is was my favorite Star Wars movie. This is very, very high praise.

Wow on the Phantom menace...

But as the END to the Skywalker saga does it feel complete?

Bit of a snafu here and now my youngest is refusing to go see the movie. Fortunately my mom is able to watch her but now we aren't going then until Saturday instead of tomorrow so will have to avoid spoilers a bit longer. Glad we figured something out though

Also glad to see mostly positive reactions from various people that have seen it so far

We watched this evening
I loved the wrap up
Our theater clapped at the end
I honestly don't know where these bad reviews are coming from. I loved it and give it a 9 out of 10. The perfect conclusion to the saga, tons of fan service. Go watch it, if you can opening weekend to get the fan reactions.
What is the saying? Haters gonna hate.
Some just won't like anything, cause they think they are too cool to like something.
Annoys the stew out of me.

I honestly don't know where these bad reviews are coming from. I loved it and give it a 9 out of 10. The perfect conclusion to the saga, tons of fan service. Go watch it, if you can opening weekend to get the fan reactions.
Totally agree ! Our theatre erupted in applause at the end !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter