• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Start the countdown!

KaliWolf

Earning My Ears
Heya all! :)

Well, my trip begins tomorrow, and I have a feeling it will be the best vacation of my life. I can't thank you all enough for all the info you have given me, this trip wouldn't be the same with out it. ;) So, here's my final itinerary:

Fri 22 - Car - Driving to Atlanta :rolleyes:
Sat 23 - Atlanta - Underground Atlanta and Stone Mountain Laser Show
Sun 24 - Car - Driving to Orlando :rolleyes:
Mon 25 - Orlando - USF/IOA :bounce:
Tue 26 - Orlando - Typhoon Lagoon and Arabian Nights :D
Wed 27 - Orlando - USF/IOA :bounce:
Thurs 28 - Orlando - Shopping/DD, Rainforest Cafe, and Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba :jester:
Fri 29 - Orlando - Wonderworks/Pointe Orlando, Hard Rock Cafe or Pastamoore, and Pleasure Island :cool:
Sat 30 - Orlando - USF/IOA :crazy:
Sun 1 - Car - Driving to Charleston
Mon 2 - Charleston - Cirque du Soliel's Journey of Man :smooth: and ? :confused:
Tue 3 - Charleston - ? :confused:
Wed 4 - Car - Driving Home :( :mad:

As you can see, we've left some room to improvise on the schedule. ;) So, how does it look? Any suggestions or last minute advice? Also, would you choose Hard Rock Cafe of Pastamoore? And does anyone know any info on Charleston, SC? :p

I'm literally bouncing off the walls! :bounce: Now only will I get to see IOA for the first time, but La Nouba will be my first live Cirque experience! :sunny: As you can probably tell, I'm a Cirque fanatic, and even dream of being in it one day. ;)

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

-Kali Wolf

Alegria, I see a spark of life shining, Alegria, I hear a young minstrel sing, Alegria, Beautiful roaring scream, Of joy and sorrow so extreme, There is a love in me raging, Alegria, A joyous magical feeling. -Alegria, Cirque du Soleil

Too much Disney in that itinerary for my tastes ;)

But better than most none-the-less ... :)

Too much Disney? Hmm, I didn't think I had any except for Typhoon Lagoon, DD, and Pleasure Island.. :confused: Oh well. ;)

Also, I forgot my most important question, what rides are going to be down for repair and such besides Poseidon (soft opening!!! :bounce: :jester: )? Thanks ;)

-Kali Wolf

Originally posted by KaliWolf
Too much Disney? Hmm, I didn't think I had any except for Typhoon Lagoon, DD, and Pleasure Island.. :confused: Oh well. ;)

Right ... too much Disney ... :)

For example, take my itinerary:

Fri Jun 29: Fly to Sarasota, FL (3 nights at Hyatt Sarasota)
Sat Jun 30: Sarasota, FL (Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix)
Sun Jul 1: Sarasota, FL (Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix)
Mon Jul 2: Sarasota, FL (Mote Marine Aquarium) and drive to Tampa, FL (1 night at Doubletree Suites Busch Gardens)
Tue Jul 3: Busch Gardens and drive to Orlando, FL (5 nights at the Hard Rock Hotel)
Wed Jul 4: Sea World
Thu Jul 5: IOA/USF/CW/WnW (CW/WnW = City Walk/Wet 'n Wild)
Fri Jul 6: IOA/USF/CW/WnW
Sat Jul 7: IOA/USF/CW/WnW
Sun Jul 8: IOA/USF/CW/WnW and fly home to Charlotte, NC

That's just the right amount of Disney :)

I don't think the Journey of Man will compare to the one you will see in Orlando but it is a lot cheaper! LOL Next to the imax theatre where that is playing is the SC Aquarium. It's nice but kind of pricey for what you get. It takes an hour at most to go threw. The market is nice and there is some great restaurants downtown (which I think is worth going to CHarleston all by itself) Also, I would do one of the carriage rides- a definate must if you haven't done it before! There are some great hotels as well! I suggest the Charleston Place or the Planters Inn!

Congratulations for having more
jumpinggreens.gif
in a post than I ever did!!
drop.gif

I had to go back and check that TOO MUCH DISNEY :confused: thing, too?????

Have a GREAT TIME! With the exclusion of stopping in ATLANTA
nut.gif
it sound good to me!
wavey.gif

Thanks for the compliment Robinrs, your jawdrop guy is chacking me up! ;)

Hezell: Thank you so much for the suggestions, the carriage rides sound great! As for Journey of Man, as I said, I'm obsessed with the Cirque, and a lot of people on a Cirque mailing list said it was good :) Also, I think it'd be awsome to see the Banquine act larger than life and in 3D, it's one of my favorite acts from Quidam :jester: Thanks again!

-Kali Wolf

Originally posted by Robinrs

I had to go back and check that TOO MUCH DISNEY :confused: thing, too?????

Boy, it was just a joke!

I'm just weird in that I have no desire to go to Disney ... in my last eight trips to Orlando (five in the past year) I have been to a Disney property exactly zero times :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter