State of Fast Pass Return (or replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what it means is if the test today fails, there will be more pressure to reinstate old FP+ until they can reliably work the issues out of the new system. Because capacity has increased faster than expected (to keep in step with competitors like Universal) Disney’s hands are a bit tied to give guests more of the experience they were used to pre-pandemic.
There is much wise with this one.

The new system has failed all live system tests. Fp+ has passed. But other programs can't be integrated until the newer fp system works

Is there any detail you can hint at as far as what is involved in testing? Is it an automated system with large volume with live data or just a small number of guests as a small scale test? Curious how it's failing if the latter. Thanks for the info you've been providing though in any case!

So I just read this...
This morning, it was confirmed that Disneyland Paris would be retiring free FastPasses and replacing them with Disney Premier Access (not to be confused with Disney+ Premier Access). It seems likely that this service will also come to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort soon.
Guests can choose to purchase Disney Premier Access via the Disneyland Paris App, or at select locations inside the parks. They can then use the digital service to book an assigned time slot for some attractions and skip the standby queue. Prices vary from 8€ to 15€ ($9.46 to $17.74) per person per ride, depending on the attraction and day of use.

So I just read this...
This morning, it was confirmed that Disneyland Paris would be retiring free FastPasses and replacing them with Disney Premier Access (not to be confused with Disney+ Premier Access). It seems likely that this service will also come to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort soon.
Guests can choose to purchase Disney Premier Access via the Disneyland Paris App, or at select locations inside the parks. They can then use the digital service to book an assigned time slot for some attractions and skip the standby queue. Prices vary from 8€ to 15€ ($9.46 to $17.74) per person per ride, depending on the attraction and day of use.
I so cant do up to $80 for my family of 4 to get on a ride

So I just read this...
If you read through the recent posts on this thread, you will find that WDW and DLP are very different properties and their respective FastPass programs will likely reflect those differences. Don’t assume that what rolls out at one Disney property will apply to others.

So I just read this...

I also just read a blog article about this same thing, and the blogger (who I've followed for years and tend to agree with on lots of things) seemed to think it's inevitable that this will come to WDW soon. That surprised me, though, because I really don't know that a system that works for DLP would also work for WDW, which is so much larger with so many more people visiting annually, from what I understand. I also read that DLP has previously tried a paid fastpass system, which ultimately failed. I fully expect there to be some imminent paid component to fastpass, but the system they outlined (pay per ride) seemed absolutely ludicrous, at least in the context of WDW.

This is no different than previous system other than the "pay" part of it.

In order to actually get an FP for a good attraction, people people first had to sit at their computer constantly refreshing for the second the 60 day window opened like you're trying to get Taylor Swift tickets and MAYBE if you're lucky and fast enough you can get that FP for FoP. Then at the park you're sticking your head in your phone all day refreshing to try and snag a slot opening. Not to mention the Boarding Group lottery for brand new attractions that if you don't get in your only day planned to go to Galaxy's Edge you're SOL.

Magical!

The FP+ system was already "broken" from a stress free point of view. Something needs to change and if that solution is to pay a nominal fee to make it a truly stress free experience, then I'm for it.

For me FP+ was stress free.
Sure you did not always get the exact FPs you want, but with the exception of the first day, I rarely have problems to get FPs for the E-Ticket-rides. Sure it was some kind of stress, but it was 2 months before(!) your vacation and in no way as stressfull as getting concert tickets for some artists.
With some medicrore stress in planning, I could start completely stress-free in my vacation as I knew, I could ride my favourites and could sleep in...
As for additional FPs, the stress level is depending on your choice. I only have a look at the app when I was doing a break, waiting in a line or in the bus when park hopping, but never the whole time and mostly along the way, as I didn't want to stick my head on my phone and wanted a stress free day.

Sure you did not always get the exact FPs you want, but with the exception of the first day, I rarely have problems to get FPs for the E-Ticket-rides. Sure it was some kind of stress, but it was 2 months before(!) your vacation and in no way as stressfull as getting concert tickets for some artists.
With some medicrore stress in planning, I could start completely stress-free in my vacation as I knew, I could ride my favourites and could sleep in...
As for additional FPs, the stress level is depending on your choice. I only have a look at the app when I was doing a break, waiting in a line or in the bus when park hopping, but never the whole time and mostly along the way, as I didn't want to stick my head on my phone and wanted a stress free day.

Exactly my sentiments. Well said.

I also just read a blog article about this same thing, and the blogger (who I've followed for years and tend to agree with on lots of things) seemed to think it's inevitable that this will come to WDW soon. That surprised me, though, because I really don't know that a system that works for DLP would also work for WDW, which is so much larger with so many more people visiting annually, from what I understand. I also read that DLP has previously tried a paid fastpass system, which ultimately failed. I fully expect there to be some imminent paid component to fastpass, but the system they outlined (pay per ride) seemed absolutely ludicrous, at least in the context of WDW.

I tend to take what any blogger or vlogger posts with a grain of salt. Views, clicks etc equal ad revenue. So there is motivation to drive as much traffic as possible with rumours like these and then later state “oops! Guess it really is true that different parks will have different systems” etc. Everyone is so desperate for info on what type of FastPass system WDW will implement post-pandemic that real news (DPA at DLP) and rumour (paid FP coming to WDW) get easily muddied and drives up traffic to those posts/videos etc.

This. I do not want to have to stress out each day of my holiday Disney. Are you listening?!

So I just read this...

From all available information about testing, I doubt this system comes to WDW. Whatever system is next will provide all on site guests with some level of service for free. Paris doesn’t work as a resort, so this is a completely different monetization scheme.

It may be stress free for you as you and many others that have trained meticulously for years for all the hoops that need to be jumped through between advanced bookings for ADRs and FPs (so you need to know exactly what you'll be doing down to the hour 2 months out, and hope what you want is what you get works out).

Every time I sit down with a friend who is trying to plan their first Disney Vacation and start walking them through all of this, they look at me cross eyed and say "what what?!?!? I have to micro-manage all of this stuff?". And then even worse they say "We're going because we want to go to 'Star Wars Land' and you're telling me there's a good chance I won't get to ride the best ride???".

This system might be great for those in the know who go often and have been indoctrinated into the system, have gotten good at it, and it's just accepted that it's what you need to do. But to the average vacationer just trying to plan a stress free and fun family trip, to them it's a confusing and stressful set of hoops.

Well the antidote for everything at Disney shouldn't always be take it away from those that aren't rich . . .

This was referring to the free standby pass system, ie the new virtual queue.

The paid part seems in line with what other non-Disney parks have implemented, but as I haven't experienced it, I'll reserve judgment on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter