staying in tampa (free) visiting ioa 3 days doable?

dzneprincess

This page intentionally left blank
We were invited to stay with my father for about a week in Tampa. He told me Orlando was only about 60 miles away, w/o really checking I assumed and bought our tix for IOA. Now, I check mapquest which says it is 84 miles and will take an hour and a half?? LOL my own fault for not checking. Anyway, since we have plenty of time would it be doable to stay in Tampa and maybe visit IOA every other day or something? If absolutely nessecary we can tag a hotel on for the last 3 days of our trip. BUT i kinda stuck my foot in my mouth by promising my DH that there would be no hotel charges!!! By am i silly huh?? Any1 done this before?
Tia ;)
Amanda

Depending on traffic, the drive from Tampa to Orlando is 1 to 1 1/2 hours. The drive is manageable, but I would look into a closer hotel for 3 days. Driving an hour each way sounds tiring, especially after a hard day of theme parking.

I live 45 minutes from Six Flags Over Texas and don't hesitate to drive back and forth from there, and this is Dallas traffic we are talking about. :D

I'd do it, especially if I really needed to save the money.

Or, if you are going on a Sunday through Wednesday, 8/12 to 9/30, you could see if the Courtyard by Marriott at Downtown Disney has any of those $20.01 a night rooms left. :D 1-800-223-9930

What part of Tampa are you driving from? That can make a huge difference.

Im not real sure what part of Tampa, the hotel address is 3075 North Rocky Pt Dr, it is the Chase Suite hotel....any ideas?? What is this 20.01 a night room deal? TIA for all your replies
Amanda :jester:

I think that's on the west side of Tampa over by the Causeway to Clearwater. You're on the opposite side of town from Orlando. I would really consider staying over in Orlando. The drive would get really old, really fast.

Throwing my nickel in here, could you swing HR for one night, it would give you FOTL for two days, you could do most in these two days and maybe save the third for rerides, or if your could swing two nights this would give you three days. It is real hot and boooooring in those lines, it my opinion it was worth every penny to
stay onsite for a couple of days. It is a hike to Universal from Tampa, actually it is further than Disney.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter