Stitch ride closed for meet and greet, possibly

I wonder if this is just a clever ruse to get more people to show up for this "ride". Technically, on the ride, you are actually meeting/greeting Stitch.

Couple random thoughts:

I watched Fantasmic two weeks ago and honest to god, thought to myself, "I'm surprised they haven't put Moana on the boat. Seems like an easy way to put a popular character in front of an enthusiastic audience." Now here we are and it turns out I was ahead of the curve, lol. (Though I'm upset it came at Mulan's expense, because I love Mulan.)

I would love, love, LOVE it if they used this new space as a spot to meet Angel. Angel is one of the tip-top characters I'd like to meet on the list of characters you don't see often or at all at Disney World. She has a lot of merch available, and fits the theme, so it doesn't sound impossible? But... who knows. Any Lilo & stitch characters would be welcome, imo, but I've always wished Angel would show up in the states in a regular meet and greet.

Stitch was meeting in Tomorrowland when I was there two weeks ago, as others have mentioned. Actually went and got some photos as there was no line at the time (only one other family about to meet him).

Do we know for certain the fate of the ride yet? Seems to me, assuming all is still operational, if they wanted to re-open, it would just be an overnight change of sign face out front... but. Who knows what's happening behind closed doors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter