Stitch's Girl's Trip Report 21-26th Sep- Day 3

Stitch's Girl

Disney Addict
Day 3 - The studios!

Today was time to head to the Disney studios! Again goofy woke us up with his morning call at 7:15 but we still had no enegry for going to breakfast so we moved as quick as our limbs could go and got ready for another fun day!

By the time we got into the studios it was after 10am and the characters were out doing meet and greets, I avoided this as the scrums looked awful, so we headed into the front lot store.. I seen another great photo of Walt and Roy and had to take a pic...
S1052231.jpg

The weather this morning was dull and misty and I was just hoping it would clear up, the tower of terror was surrounded by fog and mist..
S1052233.jpg

although it kind of adds to it's creepiness!

We then decided to wait at Place Des Stars to see Good morning Walt Disney Studios...mainly as I wanted to film it (even though I have seen it before)...as always the characters are predictable lol...
S1052237.jpg

S1052238.jpg

There was also lilo, stitch and clarice, mickey and cruella - same as usual really!!lol

Anyway I knew there were some attractions in the studios that I hadn't done before and I wanted to hit them with gusto...first up cinemagique! I have to say I didn't really like it and I think it's a bit dated and not something a younger audience would enjoy really. After the inside effects (you will know what I am talking about if you have been on it) my nerves were a wreck wondering what else would happen.. i don't know what but i felt freaked out! Mum thought it was good though hehe!

It was near lunch and the only place we had ever eaten in the studios was En Coulisse restaurant. This time though we thought we would keep up the trend and go somewhere new... so we chose Rendez vous des stars restraunt - all you can eat buffet! This is the first time I have done a meal like this, I have to say I enjoyed the experience and the food was pretty good!
S1052247.jpg

I was wondering what time Remy came out and told myself it was possible I wouldn't see him but as we were tucking into our food out came Remy and his chef friend....Remy is sooo cute.....
S1052244.jpg

S1052243.jpg

at one point the chef stopped right infront of our table with Remy which was great!!

I liked the lay out of the restraunt it seemed bright, clean and spaceous, although I think they could do with a little more theming of some sort...
S1052245.jpg

it was a good experience and I would definately go back.

High school musical was on constantly throughout the day, it seemed to have at least 2 stop spots in the studios, I didn't mind too much, although the songs got stuck in my head and I don't like HSM really so it wasn't something I was very interested in seeing..
S1052248.jpg

Next is my mums favourite attraction ( unless tigger counts as an attraction)....The stuiod tram tour!! Thankfully the queue was short! She loves castastrophe canyon! I just wish we didn't have to look at all the boring stuff to get to that part! I filmed it though and it was good!

my next stop was the pin trading store in sunset boulevard....well I wouldn't call it a store, you walk in the door and hit the wall ! lol I did some pin trading and asked about pin boardsbut the guy didn't have a clue what I was saying...oddly enough though about an hour later the pin board was out and a new guy was now serving... the pin board was really bad to be honest, pretty much all core pins, plain, nothing exciting....which was the same for the cast members lanyards! My best trades where with the hotel shop staff! another shock was that a plain lanyard to buy was 7.50 euro, I didn't buy one, it seemed to much for a lanyard with nothing on it! I did buy a set though so got one lanyard!

It was just 10 minutes before Stars and Cars began so we ran to get a space and I thankfully got a rather decent one.... I only have a few photos as I filmed it! I don't think it's a great show really but it's ok. I only seen it once! I think leaving the car's as a parade would have been better!.....
mulan...
S1052255.jpg

daisy and donald..
S1052257.jpg

snow white...
S1052258.jpg

lilo and stitch..
S1052263.jpg

Mary poppins...
S1052269.jpg

Next it was on to the Art of Disney animation.

I have to say the disney movie medley to music in the first room where you sit down just pulled at my heart strings and it was very hard not to cry during "baby mine"!! That's the magic of Disney! I was a bit disappointed in teh next room where you put on earphones to hear the translation, no matter what I did I never got English and it spoiled it for me! Mum let me put on hers but I could still hear the french speaking even with my headphones on and it took some serious concintration to listen properly! I ended up just giving up knowing what mushu and co were saying

Thankfully the sun was now out and it was nice and warm so we headed for Aladdin's magic carpets! After hearing so much about the queues for crush coaster I was surprised to see a low wait time of 30 mins and hardly anyone about outside the ride, that must have been a rare happening! We walked around by toon studio only to see Emile standing with hardly a person in sight so we thought we would share the love with him...little did I know my camera was on the wrong mode and the photos came out extra bright...
S1052278.jpg

opps! lol

The studios seemed pretty quite I am not sure if this was because RNRC was closed, alog with 2 sets of toilets in the park or if families find there is less to do in the studios.

I really wanted to go to see Playhouse disney but everytime I looked the next english show was always over 40 minutes away! However we still got to see stitch luve which was really funny! I have seen it before and although the basic routine stays the same it's still briliant!!!:yay:

unfortunately Playhouse Disney just always seemed to have a very long wait time for it's next show in English, I did try again to catch it on friday my last day but actually the wait time started at 61minutes and when I went back half an hour later it had inceased to 148mins! and Then again to 178!! I am not sure what was happening but I was sad to miss it!

We were unsure what to do about our tea time and as my mum needs to have a regular meal (shes diabetic) we decided to look in the new blockbuster cafe. There was very few in it and from a distance I have to say I prefered the HSM section! The pirates part was too dark! It alsmot gave the impression of still being under construction. The menu didn't suit so it was tea at the reliable old En coulisse Restaraunt

I have to say trying to spend the whole day in the studios was dificult for me and it was a little disappointing, I guess if you don't like thrill rides that takes away TOt, RNRC (even thought it was closed) and crush. Then playhouse Disney was having large wait times and the stunt show seemed to only be showing once a day and I didn't catch it!:guilty:

all in all it was a good day though:)

It was great to have our room so close by and we had easy access to the village! which was very handy when we became very hungry late at night and had a midnight feast at Mcdonalds...it was lovely jubly hehe!popcorn::

Day 4 coming asap!

Thanks for reading so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter