Story game.

When I arrived, I realized the warning was out dated. The artists were so successful they had volunteers directing people to the large parking area around the block.

So, I was ready for some serious shopping!

Alas....all those college text books with footnote references and endless pages of footnotes at the end of each chapeter had made the nation jaded. The HWY1 travel guide was also loaded with footnotes....yes ingnored.....that not only was the pacific ocean breeze intoxicating admidst the pines....the art colony had fragrance dispensers on top of the buildings, hidden by facades of the ancient main street store fronts....a visitor did not hear the subliminal message.

Splash the cash

Give your credit cards a bashing

Getting a bit of retail therapy

....but the footnotes warned of the sublimely subliminal ."When a man's got money in his pocket, he begins to appreciate peace."

So, I grabbed my ecologically approved shopping bag and went in search of my perfect souvenir. I was looking for something uniquely Californian, and at the first place I went to, I found it! A..

....clerk however said..."mam...due to covid we cannot put that lovely souvenir into your bag. but to protect your precious find we will give you this larger than large cardboard box and all these sytrofoam peanuts and put them in our own plastic bag. So she took the souvenir into in her ungloved hand and handed it to her ungloved assistant and took the debit card ungloved.

The clerk did not secure the top, and while driving she rolled down the window and the lid blew off and all those styrofoam peanuts flew out the window.

An alert CA patrol cop noticed the litter flying out the window and decided to pursue.

Of course when she was given the ticket and signed it to indicate she understands her rigfhts...the female officer recognized her name and autograph and put the ticket in her pocket. Sitting down the in the patrol car, the officer pulled the ticket out and looked at her olympic hero name .... it was valuable to her so no way was she going to forget that she put ticket in her washable uniform...so she put it her wallet....headline news paid its due again.

( Oh yes, thank heavens for journalists!) :thumbsup2

However, styrofoam pellets is a bane of sea turtles, so the gal next headed down to the coast where the wind had blown the trash. She was dismayed to see that some were already floating away, but...

She tried her best to scoop up what was near. With a sad look on her face she turned around and walked away...

when a crew filming the new Pamela anderson movie was coming down the beach. By law, their has to be an enviromental team, recognizable by their Dawn Soap Product ponchoes... So she went to ask for help and the team immediately deployed several tools just right for the situation.......

tools for any beach outing can be a tent, plastic rake, sand pail, kite string, foldig metal chair with legs that don't work in the sand, sandals, heavy coats, dogs on a leash.....a plastic tub full of evening firewood. the beach is full of resources....even the folks bending over looking for clear agates can be resorcued full ...the most helpful are the folsk wearing sweatshirts from midwest colleges because.........

They are in awe of the beauty of the ocean. They cannot get enough of it, and they are enthusiastic and want to help! So...

Sure...not as majestic as the oregon c.oast, folks from the midwest are willing to go knee high into the californina surf. so if helping the west coast requires them to pull off their sweatshirts and dip their elbows into the surf...they are more than willing. but after awhile, the sunscreen......

Began to wash off and the midwesterners were looking like lobsters but they were determined and soon all the pellets were safely on the beach, but …

the manager of the recyling team said that they could not be reused if the sand dried on the pellets. so beach towels were employed for a nalukataq , up in the air went the pellets, lifting the sand off the pellets, down came the pellets. Much to the surprise of the manager, he did not think that the folks from the midwest had any know how of how to clean a beach, much less take chaff off of wheat......

So, disaster was adverted. Ready to head out the students began to leave as an off duty vacationing newspaper reporter arrived at the beach and…

" Hey kids, I am from the San Franscio Chronicle, i have a question about your sweat shirts, are you from that state?"
my question to you, are the roadsides in Kansas as dirty as the highway system here in Calif."

"Well, sir......"

“ we’re actually here to sweep the Golden Gate University’s chess team in next week’s competition. Come watch us and see how we do!

See you there!”

Gate B-1. sitting in the waiting area, uncomfortable at best in the chairs designed by folks who did not fly , was a couple with duffle bags withe olympic symbols on the side, a tanned woman with two carry -ons , easy to find if lost for they were indentifed with a flag that was red, white and blue, but only had one star,, a woman with a box stamped fragile on the sides and a noisy group of medal wearing university students, studnets defined by the universtiy embossed on their sweatshirts......all headed to japan, all clinching covid test papers, water bottles....but un suspecting to others, was the wait and struggle to sit before this gate....B-1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter