Strategy for Holiday Entertainment - suggestions welcome!

tnzzz

Mouseketeer
My family will be in the parks 12/1 and 12/2, both days expected to be very crowded!

We are AP holders from Northern CA and mostly want to go to experience the holiday season (for the first time). I’m trying to plan out the best ways to, at a minimum, see the holiday parade and the fireworks in DL on 12/1. I’m not worried about navigating the parks in the morning/afternoon, but we rarely take in the parades and fireworks when we attend because we have two littles that don’t do well staying in one spot for long periods of time.
Below are my general plans to see some of the holiday entertainment. I would love to hear from those who have done these during busy times to weigh in. Let me know if my plans should be altered in any way :)

So, parade: I had seen the suggestion by Casey at Disneyland Daily to catch the second (330) parade in Town Square, so that is the current plan. Any suggestion on how early to catch a spot there? Also, if we can’t get through Main Street easily from inside the park, does anyone have any experience watching this near IASW? I am thinking to try and grab a spot an hour or so before the parade and send an adult to get ice cream to keep the kids happy while they wait.

Fireworks: I am thinking to watch this in front of IASW, to avoid the crush on main street/castle. But with the popularity of the ride, is this still a manageable area to watch the fireworks? Can we grab a spot an hour prior, or is that too late?

Also,any suggestions on watching the castle light up would be welcome.

Finally, we would love to see the walk down Main Street prior to the candlelight procession but I’m thinking it’s best to avoid that area on 12/2 prior to the event. But for anyone who has seen it, if we are in DL prior to the event, any tips? Would you recommend just hanging out in DCA that evening instead?

I would get your parade spot as soon as the first parade is over.

I would definitely spend CP night at DCA. We're seeing WOC the night of the 1st. We're going into the belly of the beast on the 2nd to see Fantasmic with a dining package, but will try to avoid Main Street as much as possible.

I would get your parade spot as soon as the first parade is over.

I would definitely spend CP night at DCA. We're seeing WOC the night of the 1st. We're going into the belly of the beast on the 2nd to see Fantasmic with a dining package, but will try to avoid Main Street as much as possible.
Thanks for the tips. I think we will just stay over in DCA instead of trying to maneuver through Main Street that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter