Stringray City from Nassau

married@wdw

DIS Veteran
I asked this question a while back and didn't get an answer. Has anyone planned Stingray City on their own, instead of going through Disney? The only Disney excursion is $60 and includes lunch and the rest of the day at Blue Lagoon Beach. Since we're only doing a three-day cruise, we'd really like to do Stringray City first thing in the morning and be back on the boat in time for a late lunch.

Anybody have any helpful advice for me?

THANKS!

We want to do the same thing - just Stingray City without the Blue Lagoon Beach.

FWIW - on the excursion sheet sent to us by Dreams Unlimited for our Sept cruise, the Disney excursion for Stingray City/Blue Lagoon Beach isn't even listed. I'm not sure if it was an oversite or what. The Dolphin excursion is listed. Also, I e-mailed for information from Stingray City, but the e-mail was returned undeliverable.

Sorry I couldn't help you, but if I do find out any other info Iwill let you know.

Gail

I had the same experience, #1mouse. Haven't gotten my cruise exercusion documents yet, as we don't sail until January, but I tried e-mailing Stingray City and calling -- e-mail was returned and phone number was wrong. Very frustrating.

We set up our own Dolphin exercusion in 1998 because we wanted to do the swim and at the time Disney didn't offer it. We also wanted to do this early in the day to be back on the boat in plenty of time to relax and get ready for dinner -- Disney's encounters didn't take place until 3 p.m. at that time. And honestly, our swim only cost us about $20 more than Disney was charging for the encounter.

That said, I'm having a horrible time doing the same planning for Stingray City!

We did the dolphin swim a few weeks ago that we booked on our own. we got a cab to take us to paradise island which is where the ferry was to take us to blue lagoon. after the swim they took us back to the ship.

Did you do a search on google for sting ray city? Our cab driver told us it is always cheaper to book the excursions on your own.

I agree i would rather have lunch on the ship. A few years ago we were on a carnival cruise and booked an excursion to coral island also out of nassau, this was to provide us with lunch. What a joke that was, lunch was a baloney sandwich, an apple, and a red hot bag of chips and of course you could buy a soda from them at $3 each. we threw it away and went back to the ship for lunch.

Originally posted by S. C.
Did you do a search on google for sting ray city? Our cab driver told us it is always cheaper to book the excursions on your own.

I did, but without great success. The ferry service has a site which says they sell excursion packages, but I tried the phone number twice and it's wrong. I also tried e-mail Stringray City, but the e-mail got bounced back. Haven't been able to find any other information.

married@wdw:

Did you find out anything yet on visiting the stingrays on your own and not Blue Lagoon? There are 2 Gail's on the board waiting to find out, going on the same crusie!

I tried a google search, too, not much luck, also emailing...

what's up?

Still no luck. I tried the Dolphin Swim people and they said they're a separate company who has nothing to do with Stingray City and to try the Ferry Landing, as they sell package (of course, the phone number I have for the Ferry Landing, which I got off their web site, is the wrong number).

I also e-mailed another company -- Nassau Cruise Tours. I think they're the company doing the tours for the cruise ships, including Disney, as they only offer the same package we can get through Disney, but for $85 instead of $60! So atleast if we have to go through Disney, I think we're getting it cheaper than the company charges individuals.

So I'm still hoping someone else has more information to offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter