Struggling with a plan

NJlauren

DIS Veteran
We have a family trip in August each Disney park 1 day, expect MK which we have 2 days, also have a water park day and one universal day.

In November I’m returning with just my 8 year old. Last year we did universal/Disney just us, we did a quick evening at universal, full universal day, a half universal/half Disney day and a full Disney day, and a morning at Disney before leaving. (Did all 4 Disney parks and 2 universal) did almost all our favs at Disney and everything we wanted to at universal. Her fav park is HS.

It was very rushed and exhausting but my daughter loved it! For our return mother daughter trip this November I was really hoping to be less rushed as we will be there in August as well.

But now as I’m trying to nail everything down I’m struggling, we arrive on a Wednesday around 6pm, have all day Thursday-Saturday and a 5pm flight Sunday night, so need to be at the airport by 330 (we have clear and TSA) no checked bags.

Right now I have the following, would love all the feedback.

Arrived Wednesday 6pm:
relax maybe hit a universal park, maybe not depending on park closing time.
Thursday: non private universal VIP 10am (thinking I’ll move to 9) then pool/relax
Friday: universal till 2pm, change clothes and hit up MVCP
Saturday: Universal while we stack LL for HS favs for afternoon, head there around 2/3
Sunday: universal till we leave

Thoughts? Other option is HS Friday morning right to MVCP and then all day Saturday at universal so we aren’t back and forth as much.

As I type this out I think I actually like option 2 better….

I think both of your plans look good, its really personal preference on if you want more of a "full day" (9-5) at Hollywood vs. just the afternoon. I agree the back and forth is easier if you do HS Friday, however I always think about having a "home base" which is your hotel and if you go to WDW for the full day you don't have one should you need it (assuming you are staying closer or on Universal).

Either looks like an action packed trip, enjoy!

I think both of your plans look good, its really personal preference on if you want more of a "full day" (9-5) at Hollywood vs. just the afternoon. I agree the back and forth is easier if you do HS Friday, however I always think about having a "home base" which is your hotel and if you go to WDW for the full day you don't have one should you need it (assuming you are staying closer or on Universal).

Either looks like an action packed trip, enjoy!
The home base is totally a factor. I’m going back and forth so much on this! I know either way it will be awesome just need to figure out which will be more awesome 🤣

We have a family trip in August each Disney park 1 day, expect MK which we have 2 days, also have a water park day and one universal day.

In November I’m returning with just my 8 year old. Last year we did universal/Disney just us, we did a quick evening at universal, full universal day, a half universal/half Disney day and a full Disney day, and a morning at Disney before leaving. (Did all 4 Disney parks and 2 universal) did almost all our favs at Disney and everything we wanted to at universal. Her fav park is HS.

It was very rushed and exhausting but my daughter loved it! For our return mother daughter trip this November I was really hoping to be less rushed as we will be there in August as well.

But now as I’m trying to nail everything down I’m struggling, we arrive on a Wednesday around 6pm, have all day Thursday-Saturday and a 5pm flight Sunday night, so need to be at the airport by 330 (we have clear and TSA) no checked bags.

Right now I have the following, would love all the feedback.

Arrived Wednesday 6pm:
relax maybe hit a universal park, maybe not depending on park closing time.
Thursday: non private universal VIP 10am (thinking I’ll move to 9) then pool/relax
Friday: universal till 2pm, change clothes and hit up MVCP
Saturday: Universal while we stack LL for HS favs for afternoon, head there around 2/3
Sunday: universal till we leave

Thoughts? Other option is HS Friday morning right to MVCP and then all day Saturday at universal so we aren’t back and forth as much.

As I type this out I think I actually like option 2 better….
I'm with you and like option 2 better and would not prefer the back and forth. I think it sounds like an awesome trip. I love my mom/daughter trips to Orlando with my girls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter