Stupid Airfare ? for london/paris ABD

Julieh22

DIS Veteran
I don't have much experience flying and am considering the london/paris trip in mayn (value). How do you do the airfare? Is is about the same price to just let disney book it for you or can you do better going through someone like expedia?

(forgive me... I just don't have any airline experience)!!!

Do some rate checking of your own first and then see what ABD comes up with. Check Hotwire first and then Expedia. It might also be worth checking the airline's actual webpages since sometimes they have offers that they do not make available to the brokers. British Airways sometimes has excellent deals to fly to London, but beware a bit on them because their surcharges can tack on an additional 50% to the fare. Also, check American Airlines.

Generally, Disney's air isn't competitive. The only thing is, if you book with ABD and a tour gets cancelled, they should be able to redo the air without fees and such. That isn't to say there will be many cancelled tours, but if one isn't booked heavily enough, then that is possible. That came up during the seminar I was at.

You are on your own with your own air. But it should be a fair bit cheaper than Disney. I like British Airways and Virgin, the fees are high with most airlines it seems and they can be very competitive (it also seems that flights to London have higher taxes than flying elsewhere). If you are looking at Expedia, check AAA also as they sometimes are a little better - if you have AAA, they have a booking engine online as well. I sign up with various companies for travel alerts, and when I get one that I'm interested in, I'll check out other sites like Expedia to see if they are better. I ended up with a $107 roundtrip to San Jose CA for this past week - plus taxes/Expedia fee (we just got back a couple of days ago).

I am doing the London Paris in Aug. and booked through Disney. I was having trouble finding flights that flew into London and then left out of Paris so I thought I would get a quote and see what they could come up with. They found direct flights at really great times for us so we checked the prices online and Disney was actually a little cheaper so we went with them. I doesn't hurt to get a quote.

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter