Sudl

WolfpackFan

Retired and loving every minute of it!!
I wanted to share something funny that happened to us yesterday. DW, DD25 and myself went to a major themepark about four hours away from where we live (I don't want to name names, but it's in Williamsburg, VA and a large horse is it's mascot :) ). When we got to the park we had to wait in line to get our tickets for about 15 minutes and one of the workers was moving some chains about and having a hard time. He made the comment out loud for everyone to hear "it's going to be one of those days". I told DW and DD "that is so un Disney like". So the rest of the day whenever we ran across something that wasn't just quite right, or not like what we'd see at WDW, one of us would say SUDL. Kind of a running joke all day long. I guess we've truly become Disneyized. Do you ever find yourself missing WDW when you go to other themeparks?

Sudl - I thought it was the next hanname!

Lulu71 -- I thought the same thing!

Wolfpackfan -- I know just what you mean, we compare every place we go to Disney, and of course they can never live up to our expectations.

Hi WolfpackFan,

I like it :banana:

Hope you don't mind if we borrow this, as I can see where it could become a mainstay amongst other running jokes at my house :teeth:

Chris

We end up doing this everytime we go to another park or stay at a non disney resort. I can't stop comparing!

First off, I have to agree with a few of the first replies, I thought this was the sequel to hanname :rotfl2:

I have had this experience also. My bf and I stayed at resort the weekend after Valentine's Day, the next morning we had breakfast at their function room, and the waitstaff complained the ENTIRE time, eveyone heard! The complained about every little thing. I turned to bf, (who hasn't been to WDW yet) and I said, more than once, ''this would so never happen in WDW, these people would so be fired''. Being in the customer service industry since I was 15, I truly believe customers deserve better than hearing the staff *****ing about their job. We don't care if you like your job, JUST FAKE IT!

I'm pretty sure I know of which park you are referring Wolfpackfan. And, while I agree it's not WDW, it is one of the cleanest and nicest parks next to Disney.
And, yes, I do miss WDW when we visit other parks. The parks local here are Dorney Park Wildwater Kingdom, Hershey Park and Great Adventure, NJ. Oh, and Sesame Place but it's been about 6 years since I've taken the kids there because they're older now. Of the three main ones, we like Hershey the most. But still no Disney..........

But add me to the list of thinking this was another "hanname" thread :rotfl:

WolfpackFan said:
So the rest of the day whenever we ran across something that wasn't just quite right, or not like what we'd see at WDW, one of us would say SUDL. Kind of a running joke all day long. I guess we've truly become Disneyized. Do you ever find yourself missing WDW when you go to other themeparks?

Oh ya. We went to the Florida version of the "Horse-Park with No Name" in March and went thru all of that.

But, the funniest line was had by the driver on the Rhino Rally. When we started off, she said that we would actually see animals on the safari - otherwise we would think we were at Disney.

OK, not so funny, but we laughed anyway. And the ratio of animals I would say was about 1:10 (Disney being the 10).

During our 2/03 stay, we planned to do an entire day at SW. We went for the morning and were so disappointed in the drop in level of service, we had the shuttle pick us up around 1:30.

Major SUDL and don't really care to go back.

I don't want this to become a bash the other park thread, but some other SUDL's we observed - employees buying food and drinks at food stands and taking it to where they work, drivers on the parking shuttle talking to each other over the loud speakers (for everyone on the shuttle to hear) about how they can't wait for their day off, hawkers at games yelling over and over come and play it $1/try, no employees lining guests up in the queues for the rides (ie - just 1 employee at the loading zone, guests chose themselves which line to get in), etc. The thing is in the past we really liked this theme park and if not for WDW, would not have thought twice about these things. And we will go back to this park, it does have some very unique features that even WDW doesn't have. But Disney just seems to have spoiled us for other parks.

LOL! I only opened this, because I thought it was another "hanname" too! SUDL is good too...at least it has a real meaning! :rotfl2:

OCunt me in for thinking this was another hanname too! We are pathetic Lime Green Necks!

SUDL! Very funny! Will likely use it myself in the future!

DH and I are constantly making these kinds of comparisons, whether at other theme parks, or other resorts. Now I have a good acronym to use!!!

My entire family makes these types of references... I bet most DVC'ers do. Now we have a name for it ... SUDL !!! Thanx for sharing!!!

SUDL - pronounced like subtle except a d instead of bt

DW and DD25 have really gotten a kick out of me posting this here.

We here on the DIS/DVC have created a ficticious person by the name of Sudl Hanname!

Although SUDL will be a good term to use, I really dislike using it as Hanname's first name. Hanname is a wonderful word with a wonderful (though fictitious) meaning. How can you give it such an "un Disney-like" first name? The shame of it all. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter