• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Fireworks Schedule

CoasterFEV

Mouseketeer
For those of you wondering:

The nightly fireworks show for Summer, 2001 will be as follows:

BOTH USF and IOA will offer their own nightly fireworks show beginning July 4th, 2001.

The LAST night of the fireworks will be on August 18th, 2001.

CoasterFev,
Thanks for all of your wonderful info.

Originally posted by CoasterFEV
BOTH USF and IOA will offer their own nightly fireworks show beginning July 4th, 2001.

So, will there be two shows each night, or will they be at the same time? What times? I assume one would be at closing, what about the other?

bummer, we will be arriving on aug 20......

patty

That's a good point. Will the fireworks be going off at different times? It would be neat to watch fireworks at one park and then hop to the other to watch the other show.

BTW, when is Xtreme Xventure starting again?

July 4th (of course) both the USF and the IOA show will be simultaneous. This is how the shows for July 4th and New Years Eve have always been.

The regular nightly shows starting July 5th will NOT be simultaneous, but you won't be able to "hop" to both parks to see them. I believe the start times for each will only be 6 to 7 minutes apart (I think 9:50pm for IOA and 9:56pm for USF).

Extreme Xventure will be running (at IOA) from July 1st through August 11th.

So it will be like one show, just from two different places? Gotcha ...

We're getting there July 3rd, so will have shows for four of our five nights ...

August 17 will be our first night in Orlando. Unfortunately, we won't be staying at Portofino until several days later. I'd really like to see what Universal's fireworks show is like. Does it make sense to go to CityWalk on August 17th or 18th and watch the fireworks from there? We already have our two day passes to Universal (purchased from AAA). We wouldn't want to use the park passes on that day but I believe the tickets come with a 7 day CityWalk pass.

You can go to City Walk any night you want ... parking is free after a certain time (6 or 7 PM or so ...) and there's no admission to City Walk really, only some of the clubs have cover charges, which is what the City Walk party pass covers.

Thanks, Beckles. I didn't realize that the overall CityWalk complex didn't require paid admission in the evenings.

Would we have a good view of the fireworks from CityWalk? I can't recall the exact layout or whether the buildings would be too high.

You should have no problem viewing the fireworks at both parks from the large plaza at City Walk.

We'll be arriving at the HRH the evening of the 18th August - the final night! Will we be able to watch the fireworks from the hotel? (We won't want to venture far because of the five hour time difference between the UK and US.)

I don't know if the show id going to be the same as last year, but I think the X-Treme X-Venture is a Bike/Skateboard/In Line skates stuntshow. At least that's what it was last year, but it was called something different. Earl, Coaster Fev, care to define?

My bad, I thought it was called "X-Treme Sports Show" or something. I knew that it was definately "X-Treme----" something or other. I remember thinking when I first heard the title that it was going to be an X-Men show. So dissapointed. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter