Things to do outside of theme parks

Natasha0b

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We’re looking at booking a hotel in the flamingo springs area. Unfortunately a Disney resort is just too expensive for us right now.

We have a 6 month old and 3 yo at the time of this trip.

We’re trying to decide how long to book for. But I don’t want to get bored if that makes sense.
We have the budget for two theme park days.

Other than that what are some appropriate activities that won’t break the bank? We will likely rent a vehicle!

I’m thinking Disney springs - but I don’t know how much of a day that’ll take up. We’d also do some time at the pool!

Whats your advice of a good length of trip with only two theme park days?

Disney Springs can be a fun walk around or it can be a zoo. Maybe go there in the morning with a goal of being back to hotel for naps after lunch. It's mostly a big shopping/restaurant area. There is a little train ride your 3 yo might like.

We like to ride Disney transportation (free). Park at Disney Springs, take a boat to SSR or OKW then a bus to WDW for the monorail, then EPCOT for the sky thing or to walk around Boardwalk. We do something different each time. When it's time to leave, take a bus back to DS.

I really like Showcase of Citrus. It’s a tourist trap / road side attraction type place, but it’s great for an inexpensive picnic with tons to entertain toddlers.

I would also recommend the Orlando Aquarium. It’s on the smaller side and geared very much towards younger kids. I remember when we went thinking it would be a great place to bring a 3/4 year old.

There's a mall nearby with a Squishable store, American Girl doll store, the Crayola Experience, and some other fun stores that may not be local to you. Could be worth checking out!

Pool time (weather permitting) is a great way to spend a day.

I also like a late breakfast (11am/brunchtime) at the cape may Cafe for a character breakfast. You can walk around the boardwalk before. Meal comes at a premium but the character experience is well worth it and much cheaper than a theme park ticket.

You can also spent time souvenir shopping outside of Disney owned stores. Much cheaper pair of mickey ears.

Plan a breakfast or lunch at one of the resorts - you can park if you have reservations. Spend time at the resort/or take Disney Transportation to visit another resort - you might be able to spend most of your day visiting resorts. Quick Service/ice cream/dessert for the other meal at whichever other resort you visit? Just a thought.

Disney Springs can be a fun walk around or it can be a zoo. Maybe go there in the morning with a goal of being back to hotel for naps after lunch. It's mostly a big shopping/restaurant area. There is a little train ride your 3 yo might like.

I'd certain do the resort/hotel pool thing. And walking around Disney Springs is a great way to kill some time, even though your 3 y/o may want everything they see, its still fun do walk around.

We like to ride Disney transportation (free). Park at Disney Springs, take a boat to SSR or OKW then a bus to WDW for the monorail, then EPCOT for the sky thing or to walk around Boardwalk. We do something different each time. When it's time to leave, take a bus back to DS.

I was going to suggest this Park at Disney Springs and then take Disney transportation to another resort to check out, Animal Kingdom Lodge might be fun. I hear there's a spot where you can view the animals from the hotel, never done it myself, only read about it, but maybe someone can verify this. Definitely take a trip on the Monorail.

Plan a breakfast or lunch at one of the resorts - you can park if you have reservations. Spend time at the resort/or take Disney Transportation to visit another resort - you might be able to spend most of your day visiting resorts. Quick Service/ice cream/dessert for the other meal at whichever other resort you visit? Just a thought.

:thumbsup2

A character breakfast would be a great thing for the 3yo!! Not cheap but not super expensive either. It’s a great way to start a day with characters and food!! We used to go to Old town In Kissimmee when we stayed off site but that has been years ago. Not sure what it’s like now. Since you will have a car, maybe a day at the beach?? Pack a lunch and only expense is the gas!!

Also on Disney property you can head over to the stables, check out the horses and the displays they have on the history of horses in the park, do a pony ride (fee but minimal). This trip our non-park day we are doing a character breakfast, mini golf, disney spring shopping.

Animal Kingdom lodge is great to visit, you can see the animals from the lobby and there are often people out and about talking about the animals in the back viewing area. We also love to do a monorail loop through the Magic Kingdom resorts. Stop at each of the stores. We often grab a resort launch over to Wilderness Lodge to wander around as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter