Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Technically it's a 155pt contract, right? Is it even possible to buy exactly 150-154 points right now?

EDIT: reading DVC's promo site, it's a discount that is the value of points. Not 5 free points on top of whatever you buy (which they did back when we bought our first contract...buy 200, get 20 for free, so we ended up with 220).
I've read this thing about 10 times now and what I think is happening is they're lowering the buy in threshold to reflect the "free" points.

Instead of the math being buy 200, get 10 free, the math is pay for 190 and 10 of them are free which brings the contract up to 200. It's the front end of the math that changes (190 x base instead of 200 x base). That's where the lower up-front cost comes into play.

I've read this thing about 10 times now and what I think is happening is they're lowering the buy in threshold to reflect the "free" points.

Instead of the math being buy 200, get 10 free, the math is pay for 190 and 10 of them are free which brings the contract up to 200. It's the front end of the math that changes (190 x base instead of 200 x base). That's where the lower up-front cost comes into play.
I agree this is the implementation.

Though it might even be more vague than that. It could also read like "Buy 200 and we'll give you a discount equivalent to 10 of them". Will definitely be interesting how these are written out.

My take on the VGF incentives being better than RIV's isn't so much RIV is on/ahead of schedule but that they're trying to finish sales of VGF2 before they start selling Poly 2. Less points needed to sell out VGF than RIV and it's easier for DVC to have less choices for those buying direct (especially since Poly 2 will be right next door).

That is a good take and makes sense as VGF is an add on and has less years on it left. In the end Disney knows best on how to maximize their dollars (profit) and it does not matter to us unless you are looking for Riviera direct at discount.

I was a big fan of Riviera when it was announced then became a debbie downer when the restrictions came out and then staying there twice so I always want to be aware of my bias when it comes to Riviera!

I agree this is the implementation.

Though it might even be more vague than that. It could also read like "Buy 200 and we'll give you a discount equivalent to 10 of them". Will definitely be interesting how these are written out.
That's basically what's happening in the math no matter how the deal is structured. The change is in how the "free" points are applied. In the past, a new buyer was still compelled to pay full price for at least 150 points, and would then get 5 or 10 free. Here the purchase is actually for 145 points with contract written for 150 and the developer credit applied for the 150 level.

It's most definitely not how DVC has run "free points" promos in the past. In the end, it's nothing more than an added discount starting at 5 x $217 for RIV, VGF, AUL and 5 x $230 for VDH.

Reactions: ehh
I bought 220 GFV points yesterday and can’t see a difference in my price if I went with the new deal Vs the offer yesterday.
$217-$12 per point discount is what I got.(also doing the $22 per point buy back and a referral got my points down to $180/point.

Can someone correct me if I’m wrong?

I'm a little confused - in the 10-day rescission period right now on 200 points. Does it change or does it just go down a little?
agghhhhhh!!!
$217-$12 per point discount is what I got.(also doing the $22 per point buy back and a referral got my points down to $180/point.
I thought it was a $20 pp discount + $22 per point rebate?
And what is this "referral" you speak of?

I'm a little confused - in the 10-day rescission period right now on 200 points. Does it change or does it just go down a little?
agghhhhhh!!!

If you got $20 off on a 200 point contract as a 1st time purchase, I need to talk to your DVC sales rep!

I bought 220 GFV points yesterday and can’t see a difference in my price if I went with the new deal Vs the offer yesterday.

Can someone correct me if I’m wrong?
With new incentives - the same add on I did for VDH is now about $100 more.

I had a snapshot of the cost when I did mines using the add-on tool and compared it with the cost now.

agghhhhhh!!!

It's a better deal now than it was a few days ago for VGF at 200 points.

Yesterday: $20 off $217 for a final price of $197/pt.
Today: $25.85 off $217 for a final price of $191.15/pt.

Magical Beginnings is still $22/pt, no change there. Though if you have a June UY there may be some implications about which points are bought back (fine print mentions you must communicate decision 4 days prior to end of first UY).

And the referral is for first time buyers, $500 off if given a referral link from an existing member. "Dream It Forward" promotion.

With new incentives - the same add on I did for VDH is now about $100 more.

I had a snapshot of the cost when I did mines using the add-on tool and compared it with the cost now.
For this round of incentives seems like the best discount is if you buy at the lowest amount to get the next level as it’s a set amount off per tier.

Was $20 off for existing members at GFV? I am positive I saw $12 off per point at GFV for new members.
Yes, sorry. $20 off at 200 points for existing members, but no referral/dream it forward.

For this round of incentives seems like the best discount is if you buy at the lowest amount to get the next level as it’s a set amount off per tier.
Yep, it's always like that. That is how we went from 200 points at Riviera to 250 ... and now I'm trying to figure out how much "more" than what we were going to pay for 200 points to get 65 more points. I used to be good at math, but Disney math is another type of math completely. 😁

Is there a link that shows the promotions that started today - or are they only for current dvc owners?

My take on the VGF incentives being better than RIV's isn't so much RIV is on/ahead of schedule but that they're trying to finish sales of VGF2 before they start selling Poly 2. Less points needed to sell out VGF than RIV and it's easier for DVC to have less choices for those buying direct (especially since Poly 2 will be right next door).
I agree. Not many points left. They want to sell it out and crank up the price, which is what DVC really relies on. FOMO. It's pretty crazy it isn't sold out yet.

Rollin' on the river on a riverboat queen...

(sorry, couldn't resist)

(on the DVC member page it says to ask a guide for details; there's no "save as much as ... " figure to compare)
That's too funny!

I emailed my guide but was hoping for ballpark numbers first to see if it worth it to get more points then we planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter