Summer trip dilemma? Use old non expiring tickets or not?

kuhltiffany

DIS Veteran
Toying with the idea of taking the kids on one more trip before my daughter starts university. They will be 18 and 19 this summer.

It’s been ages since I planned a stand-alone trip, lately they’ve been before or after a cruise. I’m thinking up to 8-10 days so we can take our time in the heat (yes, we’ve been in August before).

I have 2, 5 day no expiry date tickets left from AM. Should I use them and just add a couple days of water parks and purchase the other ticket? We’ll likely stay onsite, maybe a family suite at All Star Music. (Looking for 3 beds, 2 bathrooms).

Any recommendations…

You have to use them at some point,,so why not...but before you do see if you can add days or waterparks onto those tickets as well.
If not the UK site has some great deals for tickets,,,even if not going for 14 days,,buy and still cheaper and includes hopping and pictures.
For accomidations,,,Music or even AoA suites,,,,,or rent points and stay in a dvc 1 or 2 bdrm they include laundry and full kitchen. Great for extended stays.

It might be more cost effective to just purchase a separate water park ticket or two, than to add onto the non expiring 5 day ticket. It depends what the value of the tickets were when you got them from airmiles. They will give you the value of the what that ticket was back then towards a new ticket at todays prices if you want to upgrade. They don't "bridge" them like they used to. We have two non expiring 7 day tickets that we got from AM (Can Resident Special) that we're leaving as is for our next trip because it's crazy how much we'd have to pay to upgrade to even just an 8 day ticket now. Not worth it.
So try and figure out what the value is of those tickets first, then decide what to do.

You're right, I think we could use the 5 day ones, add a water park day, then maybe one of the Halloween party nights (we've never been) to round out the trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter