Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This does make sense. Thanks for letting me know that. What we have is a voucher to be exchanged at the booth. We purchased these this year before the last increase and at a point when they were doing vouchers instead of etickets. Would this work the same way and retain the full “gate” price from the point they were purchased?
I can report that I recently upgraded my LMT ticket and hit the full gate price (the old price, prior to the recent increase). Mine did have a bar code though.

Disneyland finally cancelled our dining reservations for my daughter’s birthday on 4/15. I couldn’t do it but I still cried when I saw it was gone. It’s silly, but I feel bad for my daughter. I’m going to buy her a really nice Pandora charm for her birthday since we can’t do anything. Wish me luck at baking her a cake!
Mine cancelled too. Think they batched processed a chunk today.

We have reservations at Majestic Garden next week and I’m hoping they’ve automatically canceled our reservation as well. But so far we’ve heard nothing. I tried calling and there is an automated message with an email address. I emailed them and no one has gotten back to me. It’s frustrating not having any way to actually speak to someone about it.
Quoting myself to say that my email bounced back today because I entered it wrong, lol. I resent it correctly and they got back to me right away with a cancellation number.

Not Disneyland related but we called it earlier today and canceled our May WDW trip. We were already going for a long weekend for 4th of July and that’s how turned into a weeklong trip instead. I’ll actually end my premier pass year with one more day in the park then originally planned.

I received automatic cancellation emails for Goofy's Kitchen, Oga's, and Savi's. I did not receive an email from Droid Depot. I don't recall there being a penalty for not showing up to a Droid Depot reservation, so I didn't sweat it and it has since disappeared from My Plans even though I never got an email. If it looks like some of your non-hotel reservations haven't cancelled, you may want to check your app to see if they are still showing up.

My Disneyland App had a notification yesterday telling me the first date that Space Mountain opened. :scratchin I thought it was going to a significant amount of time ago, but it wasn't. It was some date in May, many years ago.

I just wanted to thank everyone on this thread for keeping this a place to discuss/commiserate the closure of Disneyland without the rampant speculation and opinions stated as fact. Also huge shout out to @theluckyrabbit for keeping the thread "cleaned up" and on topic when we do stray!

Well wishes to everyone through all of this; I'm anxiously awaiting the day we can all return to our normal Disney routines :-)

It's crazy, like obviously I know I'm not going... But the cancellation emails just bring back those feelings from when I first realized the trip isn't happening and make me sad all over again.

Totally agree. My first automatic cancellation in March was emailed as the usual form as though I had canceled myself. This one was the new template, and a painful reminder of the gravity of the times we are living through currently.

I made Mother’s Day Tangled Tea reservations and for Memorial Day weekend as it became more apparent that my April date wouldn’t be happening, but I’m not very hopeful for my May dates either. Oh well, I’ll just happily do the Tangled puzzles I’ve been saving since Christmas! 🤷🏼‍♀️

I currently have trip at the of June. The package with tickets is totally paid for here is the question - if I am going to cancel when do I cancel and not get penalized? The last payment is supposed to be in by mid May but the parks aren’t scheduled to be open until around June 1st if that soon. So what if they open and I still don’t feel comfortable that the coast is clear or only portions of the resort are open- will I be penalized because I didn’t cancel 30 days in advance?

Anyone reach out to Undercover Tourist for a refund? I couldn't find anything searching the thread. I bought the child promo ticket for my kid and it expires Dec 15th, while my wife and mine expire 1/13. It's unlikely we'll be back by then if (when?) our May trick gets the axe.

Totally agree. My first automatic cancellation in March was emailed as the usual form as though I had canceled myself. This one was the new template, and a painful reminder of the gravity of the times we are living through currently.

I made Mother’s Day Tangled Tea reservations and for Memorial Day weekend as it became more apparent that my April date wouldn’t be happening, but I’m not very hopeful for my May dates either. Oh well, I’ll just happily do the Tangled puzzles I’ve been saving since Christmas! 🤷🏼‍♀️
I'm so sorry! I'm in my second trip getting cancelled. I had a March one to WDW and an Apr to DLR. But- I got some Disney puzzles to perk up my spirits too!!

Yikes, Memorial Day is a tough one. Like you know they want to be open by then but not accepting reservations prior to Jun 1 doesn't bode well. Fingers crossed for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter