Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All APs are payment plan eligible as long as you are a southern CA resident including the premier, you just have to do a wonky work around to get that pass on the payment plan.
To clarify, all California residents can get payment plans. To get the premier pass, you need to get a Signature Plus on payments, then upgrade to a premier, paying the difference (about $700.)

All APs are payment plan eligible as long as you are a southern CA resident including the premier, you just have to do a wonky work around to get that pass on the payment plan.

Point of order - it's actually all California residents that are payment plan eligible (must be a "lending across state lines" thing).

Even stranger to me (but not really strange), is that "Southern California" for the promo tickets that are released are defined as Southern California zip codes 90000-93599 and Northern Mexico (Baja California) 21000-22999.

ok, so if we have a flex pass paid in full, we do not have to call to get the extension? Just clarifying. Thanks

I just finished watching Newsom's press conference for April 14. One of the reporters asked him about reopening large events, and the governor said that, absent a major improvement in therapies, he didn't see it happening this summer.

"The prospect of mass gatherings is negligible at best until we get to herd immunity and until we get to a vaccine. So large scale events that bring in hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of strangers... is not in the cards based on our current guidelines and current expectations."

I just finished watching Newsom's press conference for April 14. One of the reporters asked him about reopening large events, and the governor said that, absent a major improvement in therapies, he didn't see it happening this summer.

"The prospect of mass gatherings is negligible at best until we get to herd immunity and until we get to a vaccine. So large scale events that bring in hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of strangers... is not in the cards based on our current guidelines and current expectations."

I heard the same thing and immediately thought of Disneyland. I sadly think fall is a best case scenario now.

This is not surprising based on what he has been saying all along. I know it’s not what people want to hear, but this is not surprising to me at all, and I’ve been trying to prepare people on here who think they’re coming in June for this. I moved our trip to Labor Day and I still think we only have a 10% chance of actually getting to go. Our only hope is the science shows his reasonings are unnecessary or that these huge companies like Disney that are losing millions of dollars a day can put pressure on him to open up. I personally think at some point we all will have to accept an element of risk, but Newsome doesn’t agree. If Disneyland were in Texas, I think it would be open in June. Different mindset there.

I seriously hope I’m wrong. I’ll happily be wrong!

I immediately had the same though about Disneyland. I have a late July reservation (DVC VGC) that I'm holding on to as I have time to bank my points, but I'm thinking there is about a 1% chance of it happening. Super sad.

Despite providing the quotation, I'm not 100% convinced that Disneyland won't find a way to open this summer. Disney is in a unique situation, and I wouldn't be surprised if the company can come up with some solution that satisfies the state's social distancing requirements. I think that such solutions exist, but I'm not sure whether they would be profitable enough to justify re-opening the parks. I expect that the park experience would have to be very, very different.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...a-roll-back-coronavirus-restrictions-n1183836
Thought this remark from him in particular might be of interest: “Large-scale events aren't "currently in the cards" for June, July or August unless something changes, he added.”

Based on what the Governor’s saying, summer isn’t looking too optimistic for Disneyland. I hope we hear something official soon but I get why Disney is staying silent for now.

Maybe tomorrow we will hear from the Gov, ”Disneyland is excluded.” It isn’t like he hasn’t said/done that before.

I know this thread is meant to avoid rumors/speculation but I'll just say this.... I'd rather see Disneyland stay closed a little longer and then open safely rather than opening too soon and having to immediately close. And as someone who lives in a tourist area, I can emphasize with locals (and the governor) that want things to be safe before opening the floodgates to out of town guests.

Disney will still be there when this is all said and done. They need to do what it takes to keep the community, cast members, and guests safe.💕

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter