Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I purchased 5 day tix with Max Pass valid though January 2021 through UCT. We had planned on going 1st week of June but I'm 99.9999% sure that's not happening even IF they are open by then. I don't think we can swing a trip prior to Jan. 2021, looking at probably either March or June 2021.

Assuming Disney sticks to their guns and don't extend validity past the original expiration date, my understanding is I can apply the full value of what we paid towards new tickets valid for our rescheduled trip dates (paying only the increase in admission, if any). That's fine, not ideal but fine. My question is, how exactly do I exchange the old tix for new ones? Do I do it in person at Guest Relations outside the parks once we arrive at DLR? Or is there a way to do it ahead of time (we're in IL so we can't just swing by like the locals can). Or is there some other sort of procedure I should be aware of?

So I purchased 5 day tix with Max Pass valid though January 2021 through UCT. We had planned on going 1st week of June but I'm 99.9999% sure that's not happening even IF they are open by then. I don't think we can swing a trip prior to Jan. 2021, looking at probably either March or June 2021.

Assuming Disney sticks to their guns and don't extend validity past the original expiration date, my understanding is I can apply the full value of what we paid towards new tickets valid for our rescheduled trip dates (paying only the increase in admission, if any). That's fine, not ideal but fine. My question is, how exactly do I exchange the old tix for new ones? Do I do it in person at Guest Relations outside the parks once we arrive at DLR? Or is there a way to do it ahead of time (we're in IL so we can't just swing by like the locals can). Or is there some other sort of procedure I should be aware of?
We have the exact same scenario except booked direct with Disney - 5 days tickets with max pass and might struggle to reschedule a trip from the UK in the timeframe...

We have the exact same scenario except booked direct with Disney - 5 days tickets with max pass and might struggle to reschedule a trip from the UK in the timeframe...
Its frustrating that Disney is not giving regular ticket holders the expiration extensions they originally promised. I've started to see some mildly negative press about it over the last couple days. I'm hoping it pressures them into extending expirations.

You need to do it at the ticket booths. Lines can be long, so if you can visit the night before your first park day, you'll be better off. You will likely be credited the full ticket price at the time you originally purchased, not the discounted uct price.

Thanks! We never do a park on arrival day so it won't be a problem to head over to take care of it the day we land. With any luck they'll extend the validity so we won't have to worry about it, but now I know what to do if they don't.

Sigh...I should probably take my trip ticker out of my signature...

Last edited:
Its frustrating that Disney is not giving regular ticket holders the expiration extensions they originally promised. I've started to see some mildly negative press about it over the last couple days. I'm hoping it pressures them into extending expirations.
Yes, I thought I’d seen something different previously, but hadn’t screenshot it so started to think I’d imagined it!

The Disneyland website has been updated to reflect that the Villains after dark party "won't take place as planned" (i.e. is cancelled for April 30th) and to call for assistance if I don't wish to hold my ticket anymore. So I call the number. The cast member (who believe me, I understand is stressed and overworked but was actually quite rude not five seconds in to my question), retorted no it's not cancelled it's just rescheduled and we aren't issuing refunds at this time and to call back closer to the end of the month.

Confused because the event is OFFICIALLY not taking place on April 30th as per their own website and still won't be taking place on April 30th when I call back for my refund for the THIRD time "closer to the end of the month". I still won't be able to go, and I'm still going to want my money back. This is actually baffling.

Please tell me Disneyland customer service isn't usually this poor because I've never been, and each person I speak to on the phone makes me want to plan a trip there less and less...

The Disneyland website has been updated to reflect that the Villains after dark party "won't take place as planned" (i.e. is cancelled for April 30th) and to call for assistance if I don't wish to hold my ticket anymore. So I call the number. The cast member (who believe me, I understand is stressed and overworked but was actually quite rude not five seconds in to my question), retorted no it's not cancelled it's just rescheduled and we aren't issuing refunds at this time and to call back closer to the end of the month.

Confused because the event is OFFICIALLY not taking place on April 30th as per their own website and still won't be taking place on April 30th when I call back for my refund for the THIRD time "closer to the end of the month". I still won't be able to go, and I'm still going to want my money back. This is actually baffling.

Please tell me Disneyland customer service isn't usually this poor because I've never been, and each person I speak to on the phone makes me want to plan a trip there less and less...

That’s beyond terrible... the date is changed. There should be an immediate refund. What if you can’t make the new date? I mean, incredible.

Just today I’ve heard 3 reports of them being very rude from the get go. Which is crazy because they are usually some of the cheeriest phone support people. Anyone who encounters someone that rude and has the time to wait on hold I highly recommend you immediately hang up and call again because I saw lots of other reports of CM being just fine.

To the problem at hand- call again. If that doesn’t work, give it a few days and call again. Could be their legendarily horrid IT isn’t giving them an option to refund. If that doesn’t work and you bought with a debit or credit card file a chargeback/protest the charge.

Last edited:
I recall reading a bunch of phone line CMs were getting furloughed in a couple weeks along with all the Disney folk getting furloughed so that could be a reason for some of the increased rudeness people encounter. I’m not excusing it, I’m just saying you aren’t going to overcome that wall- Hang Up and Call Again. HUCA 😉

While we have changed our dates to September, we did read the Canadian tickets were extended to end of May 2021 - is this no longer true?

While we have changed our dates to September, we did read the Canadian tickets were extended to end of May 2021 - is this no longer true?
That is still correct according to Disney's website. it's the regular multi-day tickets that aren't getting extended to May. Only until Jan 2021 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I recall reading a bunch of phone line CMs were getting furloughed in a couple weeks along with all the Disney folk getting furloughed so that could be a reason for some of the increased rudeness people encounter. I’m not excusing it, I’m just saying you aren’t going to overcome that wall- Hang Up and Call Again. HUCA 😉
I would imagine most of the furloughed cast members are going to make MORE money collecting unemployment with the CARES act boost. Disney already said they with keeping their insurance benefits so they will be making out pretty darn good.

Can you imagine the sheer volume of distraught, demanding and angry calls CMs are taking because of the cancellations and issues? They are only human and even the cheeriest person can crack from dealing with a high caseload of lousy customers.

Due to special circumstances, just look past their rudeness and be kind.

That is still correct according to Disney's website. it's the regular multi-day tickets that aren't getting extended to May. Only until Jan 2021 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Currently, regular tickets are not be extended at all. They retain their original expiration, which in many cases is Jan 12, 2021. Just wanted to clarify for anyone following along because there has been so much confusion caused by Disney's conflicting statements.

I just called the AP line to get the date extension for our passes. I waited about 20 minutes, and the CM was super friendly. The call itself only took about 5 minutes.
I'm on hold right now to find out my options and I also need to update my CC on file. I have a premier pass that's still on the payment plan for the Disneyland side.

I ended up waiting on hold about 20ish minutes as well. Decided to do the extend out option. I only have 2 payments left and they won't be refunding my late March payment since I took the extend out option which is fine with me. I was actually ok with the original plan of continuing to pay while the parks are closed and have the date extended out since I signed a finance agreement with specific terms, but I know that doesn't work for everyone.

I just called the AP line to get the date extension for our passes. I waited about 20 minutes, and the CM was super friendly. The call itself only took about 5 minutes.
Were you paid up or on monthly payments? Trying to figure out if I need to call to get the extension on a paid off AP. Don't want the refund...it was paid using hubby's card and I'm sure he'd gladly take the refund since he doesn't even have a pass. :laughing:

Regarding the tickets, I think they need to start giving refunds. Even if the park opens this summer, how safe is it going to be for people? Especially if you’re at risk. What if you’re laid off and can’t plan or take a vacation due to financial constraints? If they’re adamant about not refunding tickets, the expiration dates should just be eliminated so people can use them whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter