Suppose Chapek was fired, and YOU were named CEO…

That is a very interesting concept. The parks would almost be empty during the week, which I'm sure means the resorts would cost an insane amount of money. I would only support it if they had solo deals, since I'm not going to pay for two people just to visit the park on my own.

I don't know how deserted they'd be. There are 30,000 rooms on site, which means 100,000 - 120,000 potential guests every day. If you figure the MK gets 40 percent of the guests on a daily basis, and the other parks split 60 percent, that's 40K at the MK, and 25 or so each at the others. Those are party levels. I don't think it would ever be crowded, but I don't think it would be empty enough to make it unjustifiable for them to be open.

I don't know how deserted they'd be. There are 30,000 rooms on site, which means 100,000 - 120,000 potential guests every day. If you figure the MK gets 40 percent of the guests on a daily basis, and the other parks split 60 percent, that's 40K at the MK, and 25 or so each at the others. Those are party levels. I don't think it would ever be crowded, but I don't think it would be empty enough to make it unjustifiable for them to be open.

I think the parties are relatively empty, but I understand what you mean. I would also assume a 90% room occupancy and closer to 3 people per room, although the DVC villas might skew that if they each count as one. Either way, 40k at Magic Kingdom and 25k at all the other parks is pretty empty. Lines would be short enough that you wouldn't need Fastpass at all. Yes they'll make a profit, but the prices would have to be higher than resorts plus tickets today.

I think the parties are relatively empty, but I understand what you mean. I would also assume a 90% room occupancy and closer to 3 people per room, although the DVC villas might skew that if they each count as one. Either way, 40k at Magic Kingdom and 25k at all the other parks is pretty empty. Lines would be short enough that you wouldn't need Fastpass at all. Yes they'll make a profit, but the prices would have to be higher than resorts plus tickets today.

I think that would be the point. The room rates go way up, because now you have an exclusivity you don't have otherwise. And I think that pushes the room occupancy higher -- it would be HARD to get any room at WDW under those conditions.

I don't know whether they could sustain room rates high enough to offset the admission losses, so maybe they don't even offer that. Keep changing the cost of the ticket to the resort guests, and count on the room rates to offset the loss of the off-sites for four days a week.

I don't know that it would work, but If I had carte blanche with the resorts, I'd concentrate on making them practically a necessity for those who want to experience WDW. In would help limit crowds, and I think crowds and waits are the largest reason for disappointment for people going to the parks.

As CEO I’d have to be sensible and review costs (sorry but Disney is a business) before being able to do much.

That being said, there’s quite a few things that seemingly low to no cost could be done very quickly.

1. Restore Epcot and any other area loop music to what they should be.

2. Restore Stacey.

3. Look at other low cost magical benefits. Back in 2009 I think it was when they did some kind of event CMs would surprise guests with magical gifts - I think some were just good old fashioned paper fast passes. Simple and cheap but adds magic.

4. Review all entertainment that had been cut in last few years - who is still available to come back and enter discussions as to what costs would be needed.

5. Get rid of those kites at AK!!!

(edit - I haven’t been on here in ages so assume none of the above has already been done!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter