Surprised at short hours at DCA in May ????

nasmith

DIS Veteran
I was thinking that since this is DL resort's BIG celebration, that the parks would be open later than usual.....But DCA closes most weeknights at 6:00pm!! That means NO Electrical Light Parade! Is this ALWAYS the case? Do you think they will add more parades closer to the date (WDW tends to do this with crowds)? I wanted to go in May - but am now rethinking my plans - I LOVE the ELP, and may not stay at DLR as long due to limited ability to see it....... Thanks......

Early May is still considered a slow season hence the shortened hours. There are a few grad nights in Mid /End of May that will also effect hours.

I'm hoping that crowds will be larger and they will stay open later during our stay (May 14th to 20th) - DCA looks very pretty at night and its a nice relaxing way to end the day taking a stroll with a lit up Screamin and Sun Wheel as background.

I know there is a HUGE dental conference going on during my dates - my guess is Disneyland will stay open later as they have in the past.. not sure if DCA would extend hours though since it is not as popular of a park.
:confused3

DL very rarely extends their regular hours due to crowds. They may have extended hours may 5th, but the won't go to extended summer hours till june. Full extended hours won't be till mid to late june.

I would not expect anything to change, only very rarely do the hours change to later than scheduled.

Donna

If Disney does extend their hours due to the crowds - how do they let people know. If you are already in the park is there some way they announce it?

Yes they do annonce it but it very easy to miss the announcement, depending on if you are in / on a ride, where you are located in the park (in relation to speakers), etc. The key is not leave until close, where again they will announce that the park is closed. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter