Sushi @ California Grill?

WDWSuperFan

Mouseketeer
We want to eat some sushi before leaving on our last day, but will not be going to a park. We ate at the restaurant in Japan on a previous trip and really enjoyed it. I have heard some of you mention eating sushi at the California Grill in the Contemporary. Did you enjoy it? What is the earliest dinner PS we could get?

We could also go to DTD, do you like a restaurant here better? We plan to spend most of the day here shopping.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
:wave2:

thanks CRSNDSNY! I appreciate the pictures. :wave2:
We'll already be at DTD, so maybe we will give Wolfgang Puck's restaurant a try.:D

Originally posted by WDWSuperFan
thanks CRSNDSNY! I appreciate the pictures. :wave2:
We'll already be at DTD, so maybe we will give Wolfgang Puck's restaurant a try.:D

You're very welcome! We're excited to head back to Wolfgang Puck's later this week.

HAVE FUN!
:sunny:

I thought the sushi at CG was pretty good. I had it as an appetizer for Christmas eve dinner on 2002.:earsboy:

Micca- thanks for your input as well.

What type of sushi did you have? I usually order a california roll or spicy shrimp roll. We have never eaten at CG and I wanted to give it a try but we have also wanted to eat at Wolfgang Pucks as we did not try it on our last trip.:wave2:

I love the sushi at CG. I have had their california rolls and also their sushi sampler. An OP on another thread wrote that there are only 5 world class female sushi chefs in the world and one of those works at the CG!

Patty3-thanks for the input- This looks like such a nice resaurant. :D

Does anyone know what time it opens? (CG)

What about Wolfgang Puck's -What time does it open, I assume that the sushi is at the Cafe?

Thanks for all the help with this:wave2:

We are avid sushi eaters and enjoyed the sushi at CG. I believe that we tried the sampler as an appetizer. One thing to note is that they used a sweet rice, which is different than your normal sushi rice.

katie

We too are avid sushi & sashimi fans. Love it at CG - always get the sashimi sampler!!!!

MamaQuack

:smooth:

thanks katienyc and MamaQuack for the review. ::yes::
Do you know what the earliest ps that can be made for dinner?

We've done the sushi at CG and it was very good, they always have several kinds and it changes every month or so. I believe the earliest PS that you can make there is at 5pm.

Also, if you are interested it is fun to ask to sit at the "counter" by the kitchen or sushi chef and watch them make everything. :)

Now I have a question about the sushi at California Grill. My dh and I actually had a sushi sampler there about three years ago and enjoyed it. Anyway, My dd is having her seventh birthday at WDW in two weeks and wants sushi, her favorite food, for her birthday. We chose California Grill because we're doing MK that day and staying at the Poly, plus I thought Calif Grill was a nice special setting for a birthday. I'm just hoping she gets what she needs sushi wise. She eats regular Sushi, but mostly scarfs down Maki. She'd probably want a California Roll-- but I see they only have one with "Peeky Toe" crab which I guess is what makes it $17.00 for one California Roll? Anyone ordered this before? Just trying to figure out what she can order. Maybe we'll just get the Deluxe Sushi platter and help her with it.

I wish there was a sushi option on the kids menu! :tongue:

Any advice is welcome.

They are so accomodating. I bet you could special order a roll at CG with no problem. Of course, it would depend on what they have on hand. And who knows what the fee would be. Maybe you should call and ask.

stich79 -thanks for the ps time of 5:00. I would love to sit at the counter, would a 5 year old be welcome there as well?

Jen D- Hope your daughter has a wonderful birhtday celebration at WDW! My daughter likes sushi too although just a "shrimp roll" with just shrimp and rice or a "crab roll" with just crab and rice. I hope you have a great trip and post a trip report.

Blue Fairy- I see you are leaving in just a few days... have a great trip!

:wave2:

You're welcome WDWSuperFan. I have no idea if the 5 yr old would be able to sit at the counter as well. You can ask at the check in desk when you arrive, requesting the counter is the same as requesting a window seat at any restaurant. Its a first come, first serve type of thing.

Yep! 9 days and counting. Too bad I have to skip the sushi for this trip. But there's a whole menu of yummy stuff at CG that I can eat!
Can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter