We finished up with our rides. And needed to hit the bathroom. And like any true reporter, I took photos of the bathroom for you all! (And actually so did Andy without being asked to! I have trained him well, folks!)
The scary thing is that the sink actually looks like the urinal troughs that they have at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Andy did end up buying these on our Adults only trip... He brought them to work to put in his office.
Cool!
But really this store is really cool to just come in and look around. You don't have to want to buy anything in here. Which most of the stuff in here is for the die hard fans, as there are a bunch of fancy light sabers that I don't know what they are for or what.
::yes:: I couldn't see myself buying any of it, but it all looks really cool. I can't wait to check it all out!
While Morgan was checking them out. They are pretty cool, there is a tiny drawer that you open and put a crystal into it and it lights up differently and says different things depending on the crystal. I was texting with @Lesley Wake to find out which color kyber crystals was which person since the CM wasn't "allowed" to say. Morgan wanted Ashoka specifically. I let her pick a bunch of the colors, since there was a shortage of them in Disneyland. And really the fun of the thing is to put the different colors. She was super happy with her purchase.
Ok, I get the CM's playing their role in the land, but come on! Help a kid out!
By now it was 12:15, and it was HOT outside! I was so glad I had picked the morning session. As we explored the last of the land we saw 2 different folks being treated for heat exhaustion!
Yikes!
And Gwen is the cutest First Order Solder Ever. with her pic sunglasses...
::yes::
Morgan found a keychain in here. She needed one for a house key, as she was starting 5th grade and would be letting herself in after school. Big step people
Nice!!! Definitely a big step, and it sounds like she found the perfect keychain for it!
It's a little awkward but it was nice that she tried.
::yes::
And that folks FINALLY finishes up our time in Galaxy's Edge!!! We officially left the land at 1:30. We spent from 8:30 till 1:30 in the land and felt like we could have spent more time if we were so hot and tired! It was an amazing time for us, obviously! And so so so grateful that we were able to do this on a trip that we had already planned!
Wow! You really made the most of your opportunity! Thanks for the write up on it!

What an awesome experience in GE, so much better than being there on a regular crowded park day. You caught so many more details than I ever saw. Love all he pictures with the ships too.

How did this day compare to when you went back on a regular park day?

The rest of your time in Galaxy's Edge sounds like it was a lot of fun! I'm glad you were able to explore before the heat got too bad!
Thanks. It was def hot that day! You going at night probably helped with the heat.

Wow! You really made the most of your opportunity! Thanks for the write up on it!
It was a lot. And I know that not everyone is THAT into Star Wars, but I know there are people that are.

Nice!!! Definitely a big step, and it sounds like she found the perfect keychain for it!
She was very pleased with her selection. And she has done great accepting her new middle school responsibilities! It has been a big adjustment .

Ok, I get the CM's playing their role in the land, but come on! Help a kid out!
Right? I wonder if they are more willing to say now. They def seem to be a little less on the role playing than when it opened.

How did this day compare to when you went back on a regular park day?
So, when we came in October it was still fairly empty. Andy and I walked into a empty Docking Bay 7 for dinner one night. BUT December and February was PACKED! Once Rise opened it has been a mad house.

After that we headed into Dok's.

Dok: Entry Mural
Literally the moment we walked in here, Andy was in heaven. Seriously! He wanted to buy this mural as we walked in. I think he was wondering what it was depicting.

Anyway, here are a slew of photos that Andy took while wandering around the store wanting to buy EVERYTHING!

We will be headed here with most of my family, and my brother will also want to buy everything based on these photos! He already plans to buy a light saber... I made jokes about a grown man building a light saber but deep down I'm really hoping he takes me to the ceremony/experience...

Wish GE was still this "uncrowded"!

It was packed when we went in December. I didn't go to DHS in January and won't make it there over Easter either. :sad1:
It might be for the best from a crowd perspective....

We will be headed here with most of my family, and my brother will also want to buy everything based on these photos! He already plans to buy a light saber... I made jokes about a grown man building a light saber but deep down I'm really hoping he takes me to the ceremony/experience...

Wish GE was still this "uncrowded"!
I want to see the ceremony but we don't need a $200 light saber. I hope you get to go with him!

Wow you guys definitely made the most of your preview time! A lot of it was lost on my non-Star Wars self but it seems like this was perfect for your family!
I tried to move through it fairly quickly. I know not everyone is huge Star Wars fans... I promise other stuff soon!

What a great preview for you all
I love all the pictures, the kids were good sports taking all the pictures
I get really overwhelmed in GE and I know I am missing so many things
I don’t even remember the bathroom looking like that. I was in one of them. I need to pay better attention.

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

This week has been a doozy! My parents were on a 6 week vacation and on Monday I found out that my mom ended up in the ER. She is fine now but they had to end there trip short. And my mom flew home, I had to pick her up at the airport asses how well she was, and then evenutally drive her down to Delaware to her house. My Dad had to drive the trailer all the way home from Texas by himself. It was a stressful week!

And on top of it, we have been having our house resided. And we had a slight porch issue... something about it not being attached correctly and was going to fall!!! We have a 100 year old house with a huge wrap around porch, so it was kind of a thing. So we had to scramble and find a contractor to come out and fix it.

I am glad to say that both items have worked themselves out, we will have the siding guys back out on Monday to finish and my mom and dad are both back home and resting. And My mom is ok.

But back to this trip report!

Day Three: We do OTHER things!

I left us off leaving Galaxy's Edge and headed to get some lunch for the girls. The girls said they wanted Soft Pretzels, but I wasn't sure where I would be able to get that, and I didn't want to start wandering around aimlessly. So, I suggested we go to Pizza Rizzo. It was right there. The girls agreed. So, we headed in.

The line was smallish when we got in, the girls told me what they wanted. And I sent Andy and the girls to find a place to sit and relax. I tried mobile ordering while I was in line, but it didn't want to go through. So, I just waited, which wasn't too bad.

I ordered the girls each a cheese pizza and some cups of water.
Pizzarzzo Pizza
Isn't it amazing pizza?

Andy found a place to sit upstairs and as they were sitting down, managed to spill my drinks from Galaxy's Edge. So, when I got back with the food, I was slightly disappointed. 😔

We relaxed and just let the girls cool off, get some food in there bellies and just chill. The girls ate the pizza and some other snacks that they had in there backpacks.

I have never been in here since the change. And it is WEIRD! The upstairs was like a bad wedding!
Pizza Rizzo

Pizza Rizzo's
They had some hoola hoops out for the kids to use. It was just all strange. BUT it was fairly quiet in there, it was cool and it gave us a place to rest.

The girls wanted to go back to the hotel, but it was about 2:00 and we had dinner reservations at 4:10, so it really didn't make sense to do that, at this point.

Plus Andy's sister and family were in the park and we were trying to meet up with them. So, we let the girls rest some more. Andy was texting with his sister to see if we could meet up.

I had a booked fast passes for us this day before the previews were released. I didn't bother changing any of them, since we did have the early dinner reservation. Our last fast pass was for Star Tours from 1:00 - 2:00. We decided to try and test out the grace period and still use the fast pass.

We scanned in at 2:11 and had no problem using the fast pass. The line was kind of long and fast pass was a bit backed up. Nothing terrible but I think the park was full of Star Wars Fans, so it was busier than normal.

Untitled

Well, while we were in Galaxy's Edge, our Toy Story Mania fast pass had turned into an anytime fast pass. So, Andy was trying to coordinate meeting up with Andy's sister to go on with them when they had there fast pass.

Star Tours
We got on the ride and were sat in the middle. The girls were worreid that they wouldn't be the rebel spy form the back. But Gwen ended up being the rebel spy!

Riding Star Tours was still fun after riding MF. I think we got a new scene for us, which was nice as well.

After, we met Andy's sister in the dump shop. We chatted a bit and Gwen looked for the shoulder porg. She had seen someone in the Galaxy's Edge with it and wanted one. We had found out that they were only sold here.

Gwen found her Porg and we headed out towards Toy Storyland!

Up next Shooting some toys and Dinner!

I am glad to say that both items have worked themselves out, we will have the siding guys back out on Monday to finish and my mom and dad are both back home and resting. And My mom is ok.

This is good news but a very scary week.

Isn't it amazing pizza?

It's just food and fills the belly especially for kids.

I have never been in here since the change. And it is WEIRD! The upstairs was like a bad wedding!

We loved this room. JP loved the music and being able to play with other kids.

They had some hoola hoops out for the kids to use. It was just all strange. BUT it was fairly quiet in there, it was cool and it gave us a place to rest.

A very good place to cool off.

We scanned in at 2:11 and had no problem using the fast pass. The line was kind of long and fast pass was a bit backed up. Nothing terrible but I think the park was full of Star Wars Fans, so it was busier than normal.

Whew that was close.

And my mom flew home, I had to pick her up at the airport asses how well she was, and then evenutally drive her down to Delaware to her house. My Dad had to drive the trailer all the way home from Texas by himself. It was a stressful week!

How scary! I hope she's feeling better

Isn't it amazing pizza?

That looks like the stuff off nightmares.

But Gwen ended up being the rebel spy

Yay! So cool.

What an amazing morning (half day?) in Galaxys Edge! I didn't quote anything, but i love how Andy was loving it so much! its so nice to when you get to experience something with a real die hard fan!

The girls may have been hot, but they seem to be full on troopers so far! I think it probably also helped that they love star wars so much!

Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

This week has been a doozy! My parents were on a 6 week vacation and on Monday I found out that my mom ended up in the ER. She is fine now but they had to end there trip short. And my mom flew home, I had to pick her up at the airport asses how well she was, and then evenutally drive her down to Delaware to her house. My Dad had to drive the trailer all the way home from Texas by himself. It was a stressful week!

And on top of it, we have been having our house resided. And we had a slight porch issue... something about it not being attached correctly and was going to fall!!! We have a 100 year old house with a huge wrap around porch, so it was kind of a thing. So we had to scramble and find a contractor to come out and fix it.

But back to this trip report!

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, but am happy to hear she is doing better! I hope your dad got home safe and all is better now!

Ugh old homes am i right? Ours isn't quite that old, but in our area they are almost all 100-125 years old and someone is always having some major issue! Hope it all worked out!

I don't think i have ever been to this spot for food, but it looks a bit odd haha! Looking forward to hearing how Toy Story land and early dinner turns out for the girls!

Wow! I'm glad that things seemed to have worked out ok.
At least they found it an let you know so you could get it fixed before they slapped siding over it and moved on.
The girls were worreid that they wouldn't be the rebel spy form the back. But Gwen ended up being the rebel spy!
Nice!
We chatted a bit and Gwen looked for the shoulder porg. She had seen someone in the Galaxy's Edge with it and wanted one. We had found out that they were only sold here.

Gwen found her Porg and we headed out towards Toy Storyland!
Clearly she was having a great afternoon. Rebel spy and shoulder porg.

Yikes!! That must have been so scary and stressful for you and your parents. Glad things settled down and everyone is doing OK.

We haven't eaten at PizzeRizzo either...I'm not dying to try it either, but it seems like a cool spot to relax and eat a quick Dis-pizza if the need arises!

Nice that you were able to use your FPs even after the preview changed up your plans!

I’m glad your mom is okay and your dad made it back home!
We haven’t been in PizzeRizzo before, it is never open! I’m surprised it was for you!
Those hot August days, I miss it right now!

My parents were on a 6 week vacation and on Monday I found out that my mom ended up in the ER. She is fine now but they had to end there trip short. And my mom flew home, I had to pick her up at the airport asses how well she was, and then evenutally drive her down to Delaware to her house. My Dad had to drive the trailer all the way home from Texas by himself. It was a stressful week!

Wow! Sorry to hear that- how stressful! How are mom and dad doing now?

And we had a slight porch issue... something about it not being attached correctly and was going to fall!!!

Yikes! At least they caught it before it fell!

Interesting. We've never been in there and refuse to eat Disney pizza so probably never will lol

t's just food and fills the belly especially for kids.
And sometimes that is all we need! It doesn't need to all be amazing food!

We loved this room. JP loved the music and being able to play with other kids.
In that sense, it was great for that. But the overall theme-ing just seemed odd to me.

How scary! I hope she's feeling better
She is getting there. She take awhile to fully recover. Just takes forever to be back 100% again.

That looks like the stuff off nightmares.
Right? It was gross but the girls were happy and improved there moods.

in Galaxys Edge! I didn't quote anything, but i love how Andy was loving it so much! its so nice to when you get to experience something with a real die hard fan!
I think sharing it with his 2 girls who loved it too made it extra special.

The girls may have been hot, but they seem to be full on troopers so far! I think it probably also helped that they love star wars so much!
We def would not of made it as long if they didn't.

Ugh old homes am i right? Ours isn't quite that old, but in our area they are almost all 100-125 years old and someone is always having some major issue! Hope it all worked out!
YES! The problem is here, it isn't quiet as common which makes it a little harder but we love it all the same.

I don't think i have ever been to this spot for food, but it looks a bit odd haha! Looking forward to hearing how Toy Story land and early dinner turns out for the girls!
It was nice and relaxing. I would tell anyone they have to go here, but it did the trick!

Clearly she was having a great afternoon. Rebel spy and shoulder porg.
Right? Living her best life! These kids, these days...

We haven't eaten at PizzeRizzo either...I'm not dying to try it either, but it seems like a cool spot to relax and eat a quick Dis-pizza if the need arises!
Nope, not great but it made the girls belly's full and not crabby. Ha

’m glad your mom is okay and your dad made it back home!
We haven’t been in PizzeRizzo before, it is never open! I’m surprised it was for you!
Those hot August days, I miss it right now!
Thanks.

How are mom and dad doing now?
They are doing ok. My mom is still getting tired easily but she is home resting, so that is good. It will take awhile for her to be 100% again.

Yikes! At least they caught it before it fell!
Right?! Or someone got hurt!

I haven't been in PizzaRizzo and it had been years since we'd been in Pizza Planet. I've had no desire to go there and that desire to stay away is even stronger after your quick review :p
Glad mom is ok and your house to! I grew up in a house built in the early 1800's. I love older homes but my dad sure didn't like the repairs lol

Day Three: The best dinner to finish off the Day!

I left us off, headed to Toy Storyland. We all met up in Toy Storyland around 2:45. We needed to be at dinner at 4:05. So, we knew we were going to be cutting it close.

Untitled

Untitled
I had seen somewhere a picture of someone pretending to be rolled over by the ball. I tried to get Gwen to that as well. this was her version...

Untitled
Andy and his sister got a picture together. And then we hit the bathroom quickly before using our fastpasses.

We saw the Green Army Men while we waited for everyone to re-gather
Untitled

And then we were off to use our fastpasses! At 3:09... nothing like cutting it close.

Untitled
I love the que for this ride.

Even though we were routed outside and through a back stage area. The fire curtain was still not fixed when we were here. I know they have to do it, but it really did take you out of the moment.

Toy Story Mania
Regardless, we were ready to ride/play!

Toy Story Mania: Aimee and Russ
Andy's sister and Brother-In-Law.

We compared scores after the ride, Andy's 2 nephews beat us all by a ton! And we chatted shortly, but we had to high tail it out of the park to make it to our dinner reservation!

We left the park, and were going to take a lyft but as we came out we saw the taxi's sitting there. So, we hopped into a Mears Taxi. We arrived at Disney Springs @ 4:02. He dropped us off in the middle, which was great!

I was expecting to be dropped off all the way at the end by Rainforest Cafe.

We checked in at 4:10 and were seated at 4:13. We were sat outside at the porch area. They had an external air conditioner, so it wasn't too bad sitting outside.

Plus, as soon as we were seated, the heavens opened up and just dumped rain out of the sky.
Rain Homecoming
It's hard to tell from the picture but it was pouring!

We were happy to finally be sitting and relaxing. It had been a long day but a good one.

Untitled
Morgan had been dyeing to open up her holicron and kyber crystals. And was happy to finally to be able to so.

Untitled

Untitled
She was hoping for Asoka Tano's voice in the white Crystal, but she was unsuccessful. But she was happy with her purchase non-the-less.

Untitled
Gwen did something, but she was in a goofy mood. And her and Andy were doing something silly. There were silly faces being made. I don't know...

We started with drinks.
Untitled
I ordered my usual, the Moonshine Mash. This is so good and goes down way to easy.
Moonshine Mash
Watermelon-infused moonshine, fresh watermelon, lime juice and simple syrup

Untitled
Andy went with his usual, Moonshine Tea. He loves this. The girls both just went with water.
Sweet Tea Shine
Sweet tea, fresh-squeezed lemon and moonshine

Kids Fried Chicken Tenders
Gwen ordered the kids Chicken. She went with mac and cheese and fries as her sides.

Fried Chicken Tenders

(grilled upon request) served with a veggie and a starch

She liked it, the chicken was good, nice and crispy even though it was for kids.

Morgan went with the Kitchen Plate. She choose french fries, biscuits and mashed potatoes.

Kitchen Plate

A sampling of three different house-made sides. Yum, yum, and yummy!
Morgan's Dinner
It was WAY too much food for her. She was happy with it. But didn't love the gravy that came for the mashed potatoes.

Untitled
Pretty sure they put this down in front of her, and she was a little overwhelmed at first.

Andy and I decided to share a few things.

Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes
My pic was the Fried Green Tomatoes.

Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes

Shaved ham, rémoulade sauce, and dressed local greens
I love these. But I am really the only one who loves Fried Green Tomatoes. But we don't get them here in the North East, so I try to get them.

I also suggested we get the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits.
Thigh High Chicken Biscuits
Thigh High Chicken Biscuits
Three biscuits topped with Chef Art's famous fried chicken thighs and bread and butter pickles. Drizzled with hot honey

This was the first time we had these and they did not disappoint. Andy loved these, and so did I.

Andy wanted to try Big Mahi Sandwich. I don't seem to have a picture of this.

Big Mahi Sandwich

Hand-breaded mahi mahi dressed with cabbage slaw, mango salsa, and chipotle cream sauce on a brioche bun served with house-made barbecue chips drizzled with icebox dressing

This was just ok. There was nothing really wrong with it just not amazing. I guess don't order seafood at a place known for Fried Chicken... I didn't need it, though, I was perfectly happy with my fried green tomatoes and chicken biscuits.

Andy found out that you can get a refill on your squeeze bottle at a "discounted" rate. So, of course, he just HAD to get one...

I also got a second drink,

Fig and Berries
Fresh muddled strawberries with Dobel Diamante Reposado Tequila, fig jam, agave and lime juice
Fig and Berries
Untitled

This was also good, but not as good as my moonshine mash! (I think I might be a sucker for copper cups...)

Service was nice and sitting on the porch was actually really nice. It felt more relaxed. It was a nice way to finish off the day! We hung out a while and were never rushed. While sitting the rain had stopped. And we talked about whether to walk around a bit or just head back to the hotel.

Thankfully the girls wanted to shop and get dessert. So, we paid and headed out.

I wanted to get a wine slushie from Wine Bar George. So, we headed there.

Wine Bar George Lime Frose
I was on a mission for this combo,
Lime Dole Whip Slush with Hot Pink Cup!

I will say that the Lime was just ok. I think there actual wine slushies are better than this one. But it was good all the same.

Disney Spring: Wine Bar George
The girls were in much better moods now, with a good amount of downtime and real food in there bellies.

It was about 5:30, as we headed towards the World of Disney.
World of Disney

I found some plush options for my sister's son.
Forky Plush
I texted her a few options, but ended up getting him this plush forky doll.

The girls also decided on gifts for there BFF.s. They decided to get there BBF's Wishables, and I let them get a bad as well for being troopers today.

It was in the store that I started to finally hit the wall. We paid for our items and headed out. We did a quick walk through the Star Wars Store but we never find anything interesting in there.

Around 6:30, we finally made it to our last stop of the night, Goofy’s Kitchen. The girls wanted to make treats.

Gwen: Make Your Own Rice Krispee Treat - Milk Chocolate, Assorted Sprinkles, Crushed Oreo Cookie Crumbs, & Milk Chocolate Drizzle
Untitled

Morgan: Make Your Own Gingerbread Man - Dark Chocolate, Cinnamon & Sugar, Crushed Butterfingers, with Dark Chocolate Drizzle

Untitled

This has become of of our must do items when we are at Disney Springs!

At 6:50, we walked over to the Lyft Pick up area. Hopped in the Lyft and were back at the Coronodo at 7:09!

We were dropped off at the main lobby, so we had to walk to our room from there, which apparently took forever. But once back in the room, the girls had me film them opening there wishable items.

I think the girls were done! But I think Andy and I went and swam/sat in the hot tub for a bit.

And that concluded our day! It was an amazing but exhausting day!

Up Next, Another Day of Fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter