• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sweet Sixteen at Disney/BWV reviews

disney stuart

Earning My Ears
Looking to spend a week at BWV for my daughters Sweet 16. Are there any recent reviews of BWV?
I read where parking is difficult there?
How is the Disney transportation?

Most importantly ehat special things can do we for a Sweet 16 at Disney besides the Happy Birthday button?

I love Disboards, they have made every trip we have taken whether it has been a Dis cruise or multiple time to the "WORLD" MAGICAL" !!!!!

Thank you all in advance.......

Looking to spend a week at BWV for my daughters Sweet 16. Are there any recent reviews of BWV?
I read where parking is difficult there?
How is the Disney transportation?

Most importantly ehat special things can do we for a Sweet 16 at Disney besides the Happy Birthday button?

I love Disboards, they have made every trip we have taken whether it has been a Dis cruise or multiple time to the "WORLD" MAGICAL" !!!!!

Thank you all in advance.......

Parking sucks at the BW. Depending on when you want to go, it can be bad or horrible. It wasn't so bad many years ago when DVC member could valet park for free (just tips), but now with all the offsite and onsite guests who want to drive that park at the BW to go to Epcot (especially during the Epcot festivals) it has gotten worse. They give priority parking for convention guests at the BW over guests who are paying (or using points) to stay there.

You can book an illuminations cruise and get a custom made cake from the boardwalk bakery:thumbsup2

We did this for one of my sons birthdays and he felt very special. They even decorated the boat for his birthday :cake:

No experience for sweet 16 as our daughters are much younger still, but I haven't found the parking to be bad at all. We just returned from a trip over New Year's and did not have ever have an issue finding a parking spot close to the front of the lot.

Parking sucks at the BW. Depending on when you want to go, it can be bad or horrible. It wasn't so bad many years ago when DVC member could valet park for free (just tips), but now with all the offsite and onsite guests who want to drive that park at the BW to go to Epcot (especially during the Epcot festivals) it has gotten worse. They give priority parking for convention guests at the BW over guests who are paying (or using points) to stay there.
Totally disagree

No experience for sweet 16 as our daughters are much younger still, but I haven't found the parking to be bad at all. We just returned from a trip over New Year's and did not have ever have an issue finding a parking spot close to the front of the lot.
Totally agree about parking

Totally disagree

Totally agree about parking

gdrj is correct:
BWV/BWI resort guests have priority over convention ppl and others.

the BW does get many visitors (most are actually going the visit the BW itself - not EPCOT, as one can easily see by how few leave out IG, and the many who leave after the performers end, and the carny games close).
simply, no other WDW resort is such a "destination" as the BW - so they have had to become more "protective" of their guests' rights, especially with parking.

at tops, it is maybe a 3-7 minute walk from the resort guest lot, even from the furthest spaces.
enjoy your vacation!

gdrj is correct:
BWV/BWI resort guests have priority over convention ppl and others....

That's not what the guard at the parking lot entrance told us in October when we stayed there. Convention guests had access to the large parking lot to the right (and parking on the left) as you enter (no hotel/DVC guests could park there) and with the left side mostly valet parking, hotel guests and DVC guests had what was left on the left side and across the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter