SWGE AP previews - Meet Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hopes of them doing exactly what they did :) I’ve read of others having much better luck asking on Twitter so I figured why not. And honestly they were so much faster than calling in (hard to believe I know!). I think it’s a separate dedicated customer care and also PR team.

I do this kind of thing regularly, and it's really effective.

W and I will be there the 19th from 3 to 7 ish. So far, we have reservations at the Fort at the rate of abt $63 after taxes. We usually camp using Fe@rless McT@ggert (our T@g mini-camper), but as this is a whirlwind trip--planned when we got the message about the preview--we're going to have to fly from northwest Michigan. So far, if we can leave on Saturday the 17th instead of Sunday, our ticket costs will be cut by %50, but we're not sure himself can get that extra day off work. Here's hoping! (Edited to add: we're taking a smallish tent and some other camping needs, so we're going to have to do the baggage check. It's going to be an adventure to see how my 70-year-old back makes it through sleeping on the ground again lol. Again--it's for Disney :)

W and I will be there the 19th from 3 to 7 ish. So far, we have reservations at the Fort at the rate of abt $63 after taxes. We usually camp using Fe@rless McT@ggert (our T@g mini-camper), but as this is a whirlwind trip--planned when we got the message about the preview--we're going to have to fly from northwest Michigan. So far, if we can leave on Saturday the 17th instead of Sunday, our ticket costs will be cut by %50, but we're not sure himself can get that extra day off work. Here's hoping! (Edited to add: we're taking a smallish tent and some other camping needs, so we're going to have to do the baggage check. It's going to be an adventure to see how my 70-year-old back makes it through sleeping on the ground again lol. Again--it's for Disney :)
You got fort wilderness for $63? Was that a campsite or actual cabins? Or is fort something different lol

I will be there with my DS7, Aug 19th, 5-9. MFSR and Oga's. :teeth:
Are you saying you got reservations at Oga's? If so, how did you make it? Did you have to call in? The reason I'm asking is that when I look at reservations, it says it's not open until the 29th :( (Scratch this post--I see that one doesn't need reservations for Oga's :)

Are you saying you got reservations at Oga's? If so, how did you make it? Did you have to call in? The reason I'm asking is that when I look at reservations, it says it's not open until the 29th :( (Scratch this post--I see that one doesn't need reservations for Oga's :)
To clarify, when you booked the Preview timeslot you could pick from 3 options, just like the cast member previews.
One of them includes Oga's
See the options here, from the CM announcement. Options 2 and 3 booked up first and nearer the end, only option 1 was left
1562942181385-png.416617
1562942198212-png.416618
1562942216181-png.416619

Hi all - I checked with the Moderator who created the initial watch page for the previews, and got a heads up to create this.

If anyone is heading to the AP previews between Aug 17th and 21st, solo or not and wants to meet up with groups from their time slot, post your day and time slot here, and perhaps some of you can meet and experience the new SW area together.

The List:
Aug 17
9 to 1: Haley R, Ferrentinos, ambellina, KayKayJS, JediStitch
11 to 3: JulesMD, DVC4US, beesly, astarrysea
1 to 5: fiveminutes, vinotinto, krrrristen, behindthegossip, AngiTN, Dis4Life10, ReginaMBK, Suejacken

Aug 18
9 to 1: maccagerl
11 to 3: Trinitys Ghost, SRuscitto
1 to 5: tstein12
5 to 9: OhhBother

Aug 19
9 to 1: diablobird, DrFacilier, MouseMamaToMany
11 to 3: GaSleepingBeautyFan, karrit2000
5 to 9: tarak, Ghost Hostess, Squirrel29

Aug 20
9 to 1: tlmadden73, fla4fun
11 to 3: AGoofykindagirl
3 to 7: WDWGeek1971
5 t0 9: Zeus'Headache, MyView

Aug 21
9 to 1: Ivy Lexi, dragitoff
1 to 5: LindaOwl1
5 to 9: Shelleyfs, Soph&HanMom, LuigiSpice

Last person added: Suejacken on Page 3 (marker for TG to keep up)

I'll be there the 17th from 9 to 1, getting my drink on way too early at Oga's. I was so flustered when the time came to pick all I could think about was getting out of the heat and didn't think about hitting the bar earlier than I ever have in my life. lol

Last edited:
I think you'll win as the one with the biggest sacrifice. I can not fathom any point at which sleeping on the ground is fun. Especially when for another $40 you can have a room with a roof and a bed (not to mention a shower and toilet), LOL

I think you'll win as the one with the biggest sacrifice. I can not fathom any point at which sleeping on the ground is fun. Especially when for another $40 you can have a room with a roof and a bed (not to mention a shower and toilet), LOL
And when it’s august in Florida lol

The OP said they’re taking a tent so I’m assuming they are camping, not staying in a cabin
Yep, we're tenting it :) Here's the summery of our two night (so far) stay. We might add a third night.

Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
Requests: Tent
DateRate per Night
Aug. 18 Sunday$56.00
Aug. 19 Monday$56.00

Price and Payment Summary
Reservation Price$112.00
Tax$14.00
Total Order Price$126.00

Yep, we're tenting it :) Here's the summery of our two night (so far) stay. We might add a third night.

Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
DateRate per Night
Aug. 18 Sunday$56.00
Aug. 19 Monday$56.00

Reservation Price$112.00
Tax$14.00
Total Order Price$126.00
LOL.... they'd have to pay ME $126 to sleep on the ground in Aug in Orlando, LOL
You are one brave woman

Sun. Aug. 18, 9-1, Oga's (full disclaimer - I was at Disneyland last week and rode Smuggler's run 4 times but didnt get into Oga's = super excited)

Put in a waitlist DVC and by some miracle it came through today 🤪
I wanted to drive down from PA, wife decided she wants to go...we are flying (that costs more than I wanted).

2 DD (15 & 16) are pissed that they have HS soccer and cannot go...priceless😜

See you there.

To clarify, when you booked the Preview timeslot you could pick from 3 options, just like the cast member previews.
One of them includes Oga's
See the options here, from the CM announcement. Options 2 and 3 booked up first and nearer the end, only option 1 was left
1562942181385-png.416617
1562942198212-png.416618
1562942216181-png.416619

I just got off the phone with a CM, and she said that it was probably that the option for Oga's was booked by the time I got the reservation. That makes sense, but kind of sad I've missed that option.

Tent or Pop-Up Campsite
DateRate per Night
Aug. 18 Sunday$56.00
Aug. 19 Monday$56.00

Reservation Price$112.00
Tax$14.00
Total Order Price$126.00
We've never camped at WDW before, but I'm really wanting to once it gets cooler out since we're locals now. I don't think I would go in August though lol. You're braver than I am. I'm not really big into camping though

Sun. Aug. 18, 9-1, Oga's (full disclaimer - I was at Disneyland last week and rode Smuggler's run 4 times but didnt get into Oga's = super excited)

Put in a waitlist DVC and by some miracle it came through today 🤪
I wanted to drive down from PA, wife decided she wants to go...we are flying (that costs more than I wanted).

2 DD (15 & 16) are pissed that they have HS soccer and cannot go...priceless😜

See you there.
My 16-year-old is totally jealous but she has field hockey non-stop starting August 1.

I'm going to have to think about the best strategy. Since I have the 5-9 slot, we don't overlap for the last two hours, so I'm thinking that might be the best time to ride the Falcon. I considered going to the droid shop right away, but then I'm carrying the silly things around all night. As an aside - since there are two of us, I can make two, right? I hope they have the personality chips available. I think when I looked at reviews of the DL experience, they had sold out right away.

We've never camped at WDW before, but I'm really wanting to once it gets cooler out since we're locals now. I don't think I would go in August though lol. You're braver than I am. I'm not really big into camping though

We've camped at the fort in August, but actually our last trip (last week in May, first 9 days in June) was hotter. We have air in our mini-camper, but our Pahaque side-tent wasn't air conditioned, so we basically had to tough it out .

Honestly, I doubt we'll be in the tent much, though--for us, this is going to be a whirlwind and highly unexpected (in the best possible way) trip and sleep is secondary lolol. I can sleep on the way home :) And I've tent-camped for decades before we got our T@g, so I know what to expect. We're on a shoestring--we've already stayed at Disney for essentially a month in the last year--and this was unexpected, so the money we save by camping will be put toward our food :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter