• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SWGE Opens August 29!

I am so excited! But also so anxious! We have a trip booked Aug 25-Sept 3, and thought we were avoiding the crowd for this. I want to go to SWGE but now I don't even know how to plan for this!

We are in the same boat - already booked for 8/26-9/3, HS is my kids' favorite park so we try to end our trip there...but now I have to revisit ALL of our plans!

I’m not sure what to think about this. We have a trip planned for Sept 7-14 with my parents who hate crowds. We got an amazing PL express deal at AKL that cannot be refunded. We were soooo looking forward to this trip and now I can’t help but feel it will be ruined for my parents. DH, DD and I can handle crowds fine, but they will be irritated and complaining the whole time if it’s a madhouse. I thought we were totally safe fr the beginning of September!! :sad:
We thought we were safe too! :headache:

Oh no, thought we were getting in before the storm!!! :worried: Glad this was announced before our ADR bookings in April. Time to change the ENTIREEEEEE plan!

Does anyone think that since Rise of the Resistance isn’t open it will cut down on crowds since people may wait for completion? If you had a trip two months after opening what would you do?

So, will Rise of the Resistance be open at WDW on August 29th or is that opening later? It sounded that for DL it would open later, but I wasn't clear about WDW.

Also not sure what to think. We are booked Sept. 15-21 and thought we'd be there before the opening, thus avoiding the zoo it will be. Hopefully, it will take some of the crowds away from TSL

I am hoping for what PP have said. That because Rise of the Resistance isn't opening until later, the die hard Star Wars fans will wait to book until they are both available? Wishful thinking?

No real dog in the fight, but I was gonna try to get to Universal Orlando this year in Nov, hoping to avoid any SW spillover before GE opened. Not so sure now. I'm assuming Universal will get some crowds, too.

I’m not sure what to think about this. We have a trip planned for Sept 7-14 with my parents who hate crowds. We got an amazing PL express deal at AKL that cannot be refunded. We were soooo looking forward to this trip and now I can’t help but feel it will be ruined for my parents. DH, DD and I can handle crowds fine, but they will be irritated and complaining the whole time if it’s a madhouse. I thought we were totally safe fr the beginning of September!! :sad:

I am booked almost at the same time Sept 7-13th. I look at it this way; if I can be patient and not focus on the crowds I can at least get a look around SWGE even if I don't get to see and do everything as I would like because it is going to be super cool. On the positive side maybe the other parks will be less crowded? Maybe the locals will be focused on SWGE more so than the other parks for the first month.

Well I'm stressing out now. We are there Aug 24 to 31 and were planning HS for the 30th so I could get FP for Slinky Dog. Now I have to worry about this, for my Star Wars LOVING son... there go all my plans. What do I do now? I guess only one ride will be open? but what are the odds we'll get a FP for it. Exciting but stressful :)

We're booked for Nov 2-5, and now I think it's going to be a madhouse. I'm leaning toward going anyway, since this is our one and only adults-only trip. We can't reschedule it early enough to avoid an August opening, and I'm worried that if we wait a few years my parents will no longer be in a position to watch our kids. Since GE will be open, I think DH will want to see it. It's going to entirely change our trip, both our plans for what to do each day and the pace we were hoping for. Scared! I'm glad it will be open a few months before we go so we can see how things are shaping up, crowd and strategy-wise.

We are there those same days and I’m soooooo annoyed by the early opening. I wanted to avoid it.

Are you thinking of canceling? I’m annoyed and can’t decide what I want to do. I mean I get it’s all subjective but darn it, I thought squeezing in one more trip was a possibility

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter