Swimming tots

Duckfan-in-Chicago

DIS Veteran
While I was reading the Multi-Site Public Offering Statement for a little light reading due to another thread, it has come to my attention that diapers are not allowed in the pools at the DVC's. Apparently if my son goes swimming, he'll either have to go commando, or be put in the same catagory as someone dealin' 'H' in the lobby. My book was dated Oct. 98, and I know that swim diapers were prob. just hitting the market around then. Has anyone had a problem with these at the resorts?

Swim diapers are allowed. They are even sold in the shops in the resorts if you need them. I'm thinking they just don't want regular diapers in the pool, that doesn't work anyway, they just blow up like balloons.

We have the mother lode package of little swimmers from Costco. My son swims everywhere. Its just that like I said, when I was reading the DVC rules from 98 diapers weren't allowed. Swim diapers are a relatively new thing, and I didn't know if they officially changed their policy in the newer DVC contracts, or just no longer care about it if the kids have swim diapers.

Which DVC resort has zero entry kiddie pools? I seem to recall BCV has one, but I'm not familiar with the other resort pools.

Scotch said:
Which DVC resort has zero entry kiddie pools? I seem to recall BCV has one, but I'm not familiar with the other resort pools.

The pool at SSR is zero entry for the kiddies. Also has a splash area (with a cork type ground cover) where water shoots from the ground towards Donald who is holding a big barrel. There is also a smaller slide for the youngsters which is nice.

I believe there are signs stating(or actually I think it's in the literature when you check in) that swim diapers are a must for non potty trained children at the pools. So not only are they allowed, they expect you to use them.

That's it? BCV and SSR are the only two with zero entry kiddie pools? Do others have separate kiddie pools that is not zero entry?

Duckfan-in-Chicago said:
We have the mother lode package of little swimmers from Costco. My son swims everywhere. Its just that like I said, when I was reading the DVC rules from 98 diapers weren't allowed. Swim diapers are a relatively new thing, and I didn't know if they officially changed their policy in the newer DVC contracts, or just no longer care about it if the kids have swim diapers.

Have you looked into buying a "permanent" swim diaper--They sell them at Target--They look just like swimsuits, DD has one so I can throw her in her kiddie pool all the time, and not run out of the little swimmers. The only prob would be with a stinky--hasn't happened yet :rolleyes1

bibbidiboo said:
The only prob would be with a stinky--hasn't happened yet :rolleyes1

consider yourself lucky. ds is just now daytime potty trained, however up until recently he considered the pool (at home only thankfully!) the perfect place to 'unload' :crazy2: not a fun thing.

no commando in public pools! if a poop gets loose they have to close the pool and clean it, causing at least a day's closure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter