• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Switcing Resorts - is it really that easy?

dec2901

Mouseketeer
When we sat through Disney's presentation, our rep told us that if you wanted to stay at one dvc for three nights and then switch to another for the rest of your stay that Fisney would move everything for you and even pack up your food. I find that hard to believe. So was he being truthful or exaggerating? Is it really that easy to switch DVC resorts?do they really move your groceries for you?

We have only changed resorts once during a trip, and that was back in 2006. We were staying at SSR and changing to GF, because I was attending at conference at GF. When I asked at the desk whether our bags could be moved to GF, I was told that they could do no such thing. So, we loaded our things in the car and drove to GF. So, like anything else, it depends on which castmember you get at the particular resort you are staying what answer and how much cooperation you will get. SSR in particular had inconsistent service. One visit, we loaded our luggage into the front hallway, and took off for the parks, and it was waiting for us to pick up when we returned at bell services. Same resort, different trip. Consistently inconsistent.

We have owned for five years and did our first split stay this past November. The move was easy. We didn't have groceries so I didn't ask about that. We carried our luggage to bell services and then picked it up at the next hotel. It was there waiting for us when we arrived after going to the parks for the day. This was from AKV to BLT.

We have done many splits stays and yes, it really is that easy. You just call bell services to come get your luggage (including groceries), and they will send everything to the next resort. It usually arrives by 4 PM, so if there is anything you must have with you before then, you may want to keep it in your park bag or whatever. When you check into the new resort, you again call bell services and they will deliver your luggage and groceries to the new room. Of course, you need to tip at each resort, but it really is easy. We like to make moving day an Animal Kingdom day since it usually closes early. We pack up, have them grab our bags, and head to AK. Once we are finished at AK, we take a bus to the new resort and check-in.

On move day:
Call Bell Services and have them come pick-up your luggage and refrigerated items. Be sure to inform them that you have items to keep cold.
Tell them where you are transferring too.
Check-in to your new resort.
Go do whatever you want that day.
After getting your room text and you are back in it (items are not at your new resort until 2 - 4 PM), call Bell Services to have the item delivered to your room.
NOTE: You must be in the room for the pick-up and delivery.

Disney won't pack for you, but they will move your items from resort #1 to resort #2 for you. We always have our refrigerated items in a cooler, and it is always still cold when it reaches our next resort - Disney has a refrigerated area to keep your perishables cold. It is very easy - just costs you the tips to the luggage guys to move your stuff for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter