Take off shoes ahead of time.

madcoco

<font color=green>Learns something new here everyd
Everyone "should" know now to arrive a little early at the Airport.Just a little tidbit to make time through screening to go easier.Take off your shoes(or anything else) if you suspect they may set off the detector and put them on the belt with carry ons. Last trip out of MCO was running late:o Get the beep. They send you the the other detector it beeps again.Now the hand wand treatment take off belt,shoes,stand on one foot rub belly pat head.LOL Just one of my shoes set it off.Had to be dusted for explosives.Screener suggested to take off shoes next time.Had just purchased the shoes.He said would have saved a lot of hassle.But who wants to knock out everyone else around you.;)

My shoes set the alarm off at the Manchester, NH airport recently. The TSA person was very good about it. As soon as she saw my Rockport shoes, she suspected them. She said they have a metal shank in them. They ran my shoes through - no problem. She did run the wand over me from head to toes, but she explained beforehand what I might feel, etc. - no big deal. It just surprised me because I was wearingthe same clothes, coat, jewelry, etc. that I had a few days earlier - just my shoes were different.

Good advice but it doesn't always work. I travel very often, weekly and fly through a lot of different airports. Sometimes wearing the same outfit and shoes it doesn't set it off then other times it does.

By the time you take off your shoes, belt, other things you could have been wanded and on your way.

I always carry the same things in my computer case. Sometimes they think they see a knife(which isn't there), other times they have to wipe down for explosives. It is all the price we pay for safety.

My son was stopped one time at MCO so when we came home he went through the routine you suggested. They just found something else to stop him for.

Allowing extra time is good but most times you can go through without a problem even with your shoes on. I do make sure to take any change out of my pockets.

Good advice but it doesn't always work. I travel very often, weekly and fly through a lot of different airports. Sometimes wearing the same outfit and shoes it doesn't set it off then other times it does.

By the time you take off your shoes, belt, other things you could have been wanded and on your way.

I always carry the same things in my computer case. Sometimes they think they see a knife(which isn't there), other times they have to wipe down for explosives. It is all the price we pay for safety.

My son was stopped one time at MCO so when we came home he went through the routine you suggested. They just found something else to stop him for.

Allowing extra time is good but most times you can go through without a problem even with your shoes on. I do make sure to take any change out of my pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter