Taking my Brother and DD this time, a PTR

AuroraluvsPhillip

Placed in Gryffindor, so red is my color
Debated on doing this, since I won't be bringing my laptop to UO and therefore, won't be able to update immediately. This trip will be less than a week, so I'm being a minimalist in my planning.

Me (turning 58 on the trip), DD (almost 28) and DB, 52. My brother has been to FL in the past, but could no way afford a trip to UO. My dad died almost 2 years ago, and now it's just us siblings, which makes our time together more precious. Fortunately, I can afford vacations to Orlando, and when my DD and I were there in May, I said, "We need to bring DB here, he'd love it." My daughter agreed, and before we knew it, thanks to buying seasonal AP's, we planned a trip for September. My DB was able to get vacation time, so here we are, about 3 weeks out from another trip to UO. :thumbsup2

Of course, we're staying at the HRH, which is "our" hotel. We've always stayed here due to being music/rock lovers, and the quick walk to US has always been key for us. Yes, occasionally we are tired/lazy and enjoy the boat ride, but having the option to walk as well is wonderful.

I have reserved 2 garden view rooms, hopefully adjacent, or at least on the same floor. Me and my DD have seasonal AP's good until May 2018, and I bought a 5 day park to park from UT for my DB. I plan to let him rent one of the guitars via the HRH "Picks" program. He's a guitar player and will love the opportunity to play on a higher end electric guitar. We will have fun in his room after dinner listening on the headphones to him play.

Of course, Harry Potter is the best part of UO as far as we're concerned. My DD and I are bringing our wands which we purchased in May, my daughter's, hazel, and mine, vine. I saw a lot of Hermione and Elder wands during our last visit, they seem to be the most popular, but my daughter and I decided to go with the Celtic calendar to choose our wands, as JK Rowling did with her three protagonists. My brother's wand in the Celtic tradition would be ash. We'll have to direct him to Ollivander's. pixiedust: He's watched the movies to learn all about the Wizarding world, and he took the Sorting Quiz: Slytherin! I'm Gryffindor, and DD is Ravenclaw, so we will all have different lanyards.

Dining plans include The Kitchen (Breakfast buffet for the win!), Hard Rock Cafe (noisy, but great for music lovers), Vivo (yummy Italian right in Citywalk), Cowfish (been waiting to try this place out), NBC Grill (extensive menu, good food, and plenty of seating) and for my birthday dinner, The Palm (wonderful dinner back in May). We will try to hit one of the HP restaurants for a lunch break, and Toothsome for dessert at some point.

Can you believe that we've NEVER hung out at the pool at HRH? Yeah, unbelievable. Well, my brother wants to check out the pool in the evening, so I figure, with the parks closing a bit earlier in September, why not check out the dive-in movies with a nice cocktail from the Beachclub? Sounds like a plan.

I'm starting to make my packing lists today. Have already purchased travel sized items for the flight. A little over 3 weeks to go! :sunny:

Ok, I'm getting more excited to spread some cheer and some money in Orlando next Monday. Hopefully Jose doesn't impact the trip (leaving from Providence on Monday morning) but we shall see.

Thanks, I am really looking forward to my brother having a good time at UO. So I just booked a few dinner ressies just in case the crowds are higher due to the Irma cancellation effect. Normally I eat early, around 5-5:30, but since the parks close around 6-7 and even earlier on HHN nights, I figured we could enjoy the parks until closing, then eat around 7:30.
Monday: Hard Rock Cafe Decent food, great music vibe,:hippie: my brother will love the memorabilia, love all the waitstaff, wonderful people. :rockband:
Tuesday: Vivo My daughter and I really loved our dinner here last spring, and this way we don't have to travel over to PFB for Italian. (Although I love Mama Della's) :charac2:
Wednesday: Either Cowfish or NBC, we'll see how the crowds look.
Thursday: My birthday:cake: dinner at The Palm (yum) plus we'll be in our home hotel for packing. :guilty:

We'll definitely hit the breakfast buffet at the Kitchen a few times, and get a sandwich at the Croissant Moon once or twice. And Hogshead Ale, yup, that too.

One more sleep! :jumping3:
So today my brother and I went to my late dad's house on Cape Cod and put away the patio set in anticipation of Jose being nearby this week. I think we'll luck out and squeeze our vacation in between storms, Jose and Maria. Honestly, it's been an awful hurricane season, I can't believe my daughter got through four years of college in FL without a hit from a hurricane.

Time to clean the cat box, and do a final load of laundry, then I plan to relax, read and call it a night early. :thumbsup2

I am so envious. I want to go to Universal now. I have to patiently wait though.
I lived in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area for 6 years. We had hurricanes, but nothing like Irma.

Sounds like you have some great plans! We're almost at the 60 day countdown and it can't get here fast enough!

Safe travels tomorrow and have a FANTASTIC trip!! Can't wait to read all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts