Tara and Joe's Dream Come True~10/31/09~

saratogadreamin09

Derek Jeter =
Today we set our wedding date!!! It' more then a year away:sad1: but hey it's still going to be a disney wedding:cool1: :banana: .

It' going to be an afternoon event(2pm) at the beach club on the beach then a recption at the ariel's grotto place ( i should probably know the name better). We're staying at the beach club in a villa room.

Joe and I will be arriving on the 27 to get things set up and we'll be honeymooning their untill november 13!!! We'll be staying in the same room untill the night before the wedding, then i'll be with my girlfirnds at the grand floridian. I still can't be sure about the reservations though because i can't book them untill November:sad2: so here's hoping:hug: .

We're having a small reharsal dinner at cape may cafe the night before. Only family and close friends are coming. I think only 5 friends will be coming. Their will be about 40 people at teh wedding in total. Their all staying at either the boardwalk, the beachclub, or the grand floridian.

More things to come, like floral arangements and temporary dining plans.

I guess I should start out with how we met and got engaged. Well, we've known each other for 10 years(since we were 13), and we've been dating for 7(since we were 17). He's the greatest guy I've ever known and I have no clue what I did to deserve him. He's so sweet and is pretty cute too, you just can't help but fall in love with him. In my first year of college i started going to disney during spring break (plus my family's trip in february) and Joe just started coming with me. In my junior year of college my family invited him to join us on our feb. trip which is a big step for a disney family. Last year we started our 4 trips a year plan, we go in feb.(saratoga springs), april or may( beachclub), aug.(fort wilderness), and nov. or oct.(grand floridian).

We got engaged this Feb. in disney!!! On our first day their he took my dad golfing, this was nothing new because the guys always go golfing on trips. The real reason for this game was so Joe could ask my dad's permission to marry me ( O.T. jsut curious, how many guys still do this???:confused3 ). When he asked my dad was like "of course, your already a member of the family". So on valentine's day we went to the magic kingdom, the first thing joe did was buy me a tiara at the glass shop!!!! I was so shocked by this, i mean the thing was a glass tiara would never wear or display anyplace!!!!! Well he had plans for the tiara. We had a great day at the M.K. and then we went to dinner at the crystal palace, great time, great meal. My parents and aunt then went off to ride one last ride while we went shopping on main street. When we were done shopping joe took me to the front of the castle because " he wanted a picture":lmao: . Well we got to the front of the castle and he sat me down on one of the park benches, and then he got down on one knee. I started crying immedietely and he was laughing. He then started to say that he wanted me to pick out my own ring so insted he used the tiara as a ring, he said he bought the tiara so i could wear it to our wedding. Then he asked me to marry him. I said yes (well the best i could because at this point i could barely talk) and we kissed. My family came back soon and theirf were a lot of hugs and congrats. When we got back to the hotel that night we called the rest of my family and joe's family. Everyone was so happy for us!!!!!!!!!:yay:

We decided to do a disney wedding soon after. I always knew that I wanted a disney wedding and Joe agreed to it. At first i wanted to do it at the magic kingdom but then i just couldn't put up with the stress of morning wedding so we switched it to the beachclub. Our family's were pretty supportive of having a wedding their since everyone knows how big a part of our lives it is.

Well even more to come, since the wedding is more then a year aways:sad1: :sad1: their wont be too much soon but i am having an engagement party for some people that wont be attending the wedding soon(so they still feel loved) And it looks like the wedding count went up, it's now about 46, a few very close friends might be coming now.:woohoo: :yay:

I'm upset that the wedding is a year away but i know that the year+ will fly by and i'm going to enjoy planning it:banana:

I love your engagement story! I would have been crying too. Do you have a picture of the tiara?

Congrats on the engagement and setting the wedding date! And believe me- the time really does go fast! I got engaged in January and I thought the time would drag on forever but all of a sudden I'm 9 months out. Can't wait to hear more details on your wedding!

I'll try to get a pico f the tiara up soon.

when we went to disney in may we started looking at different spots and things. In august when we go we'll meet with a planner for the first time. I'm going down with some girlfriends in october and we'll start looking at flowers and other things. In february when i go with my whole february i'll get their opinions on flowers and food and things. When we go next may we'll make final decessions on everything. WE're planning on gonig next august too but we want that trip to be just relaxing. I'm kinda setting dates for myself to have things done. Work gets busy for me in september and i want to have everything done (well for the most part) by our august trip.here's my plan for now

dresses by may
suits by may
invatations by december (even though its really just family we still want to send invites)
flowers by may
food by may
decorations picked out by may
my shoes and jewelary by june (if i dont find my dress untill may i want to give myself timeto find the other things)
first dance song by august

we also have to decide if we're going to drive down or fly. it will most likely be easy to drive but joe doesnt want to stress about driving and things like that:confused3

(o.t. sorry about my speling, i've never been a good speller)

i guess i should also tell you all about our guests

we picked out our wedding parties right after we got back in february

mine is my 3 best friends, and joe's is his best friend(he's my best friend too) and his two brothers.

here's who's coming to the wedding(i'm putting how many people in each party):

my parents(2)
his parents(2)
his brothers(2)
his brother's wives(2)
his nephews(2)
my grandparents(3)
his grandparents(3)
my aunts(5)
his aunt(1)
my uncles(4)
our friends(5)
my dad's best friends that are like family to me(5)
my cousins (7)

so their 43 people coming in total(as of right now 2 of my dad's friends are unsure if they can make it). there's a lot more of my family coming because joe's family isn't that close

In late august we're having an engagement party for about 100 people!!!!! And next november when we get back from disney we're planning on having a party for those who didnt come to the wedding. I know that its still early but i do have A LOT planned already. I'm just too excited not to plan:yay: :banana: :woohoo:

The guest list adds up fast doesn't it? My guest list is mostly family as well and a couple friends on each side. Are you having the e-party this august?

i just had a quick question. do you have to go with one of disney's table theme's and if you do can you change the colors on one. the wedding is on halloween and i want my color theme to be orange and chocolate(not a bright orange but a toned down darker fallish orange). the french table theme disney provides is really pretty but the colors are black and red i just want to change the colors.i may have to change the colors though. i dont know want to do about the flowers, because of the colors they would all have to be fake and i was hoping for some real flowers.

here's some things we picked out already ( I know i work quickly, i was joking with joe that i wont be able to wait for next october to marry him and he was like we could just elope.I was like i can wait to marry you, i just cant wait to gt married in disney:laughing: of course i was kidding)

the invites
http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/products/ProductView_595.htm

the save the date cards for the party were having when we get back
http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/products/ProductView_638.htm

the favors for my bridal shower
http://www.myweddingfavors.com/pink-cappuccino.html

the favors for the home party
http://www.myweddingfavors.com/fall-in-love-shaped-soap.html

the favors for my disney wedding
http://www.myweddingfavors.com/chocolate-disc-tin.html(we're doing the aloha wedding tins)

my friend kaitlyn was laughing at me today when i told her i picked all of this out, am i really that crazy:confused3 I think i'm just really excited:cool1: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Welcome and congrats!

Everything looks great so far. To answer your question about the tables, you can pretty much do what you want. You don't have to stick with those themes that are on the wishbook. I am doing nothing off of the wishbook. Those are pretty much there to give you a general idea of things you can do and the cost but if you have a vision, disney will help you create it.

Great ideas so far! Your friend is nuts! Of course, you may change your mind a million times before then. :)

thanks everyone!!!

i have to call disney agan tomorrow, i know that they like to send out savve the date cards but i dont need them too so i need to see if they won't(it saves money)

also, i never posted this but our ring barrers are going to be my fiance's 1(he'll be 2) year old nephew and my 4(he'll be 5) year old cousin. and our flower girl is going to be my 3(she'll be 4) year old cousin

well, i made a call to disney today, they aren't going to send out the save the date cards. It took a lot of effort but I fnally got someone to cancle it. I was also looking into having the uninvited tourists. I thought it might be a cute idea. My df wasn't really digging it, i guess we really don't need them because he and his best man are REALLY ntertaining.

But still, did anyone have the uninvited guests or the wacky tourists at their wedding?

HELLO AGAIN EVERYONE

I know that's its been a long tim since I've last posted but I have had a very busy last 2 months. Between planning the wedding, work, and other great things I've barely had any free time. My first big news is that................ I"M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........this came as a big surprise to me but it happened and we couldn't be happier. This really won't change anything about the wedding but now I'm going to be stressing about if my dress will fit and the baby that will now be at my wedding.:) But its all good things to be stressing about:lovestruc :lovestruc . I'm due on March 27th so I'll have 7 months to get back into my dress size. It's funny, the last time I was on here I had thoughts that I might be pregnant but I never really thought I was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry that my writing is all over the place but my life is still pretty hectic right now, I'm going on another disney trip in 13 days. I'm just now starting to freak about my first trip to disney expecting. Any tips would be really helpful. MY parents are alittle freaked out that I'm having a baby before I'm married but I'm not pushing my wedding up. Joe's pretty happy about everything but at first he was just in shock. After I told him i was pregnant he just sat there and didn't say anything so I got into the shower and then when I got out I finally said to him "You need to say something" After the shock was over he was estatic.

The wedding planning hasn't really advanced too much.......... I have pretty much narrowed it down to 6 dresses. And my bridesmaid dresses are picked, I just need to order them. Hopefully that will happen soon. My engagement party happened of course. It was great but it was weird that I couldn't drink at my own engagement party. And also, my dad's friends confirmed that they were coming so it will 43 people coming.

Once again, I'm sorry about my writing but my mind is all over the place!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter