Taste of Tuscany Question - Returning to Rome to depart?

StevePSU1

Lookin for my lost shaker of salt..
My wife and I are booked on the 9/24 Taste of Tuscany adults only trip. I think I made a decision that might have unnecessarily complicated the end of our trip.

We are going to stay an extra day and return to Rome from Florence to depart. Tour ends on 9/30 - we travel from Florence to Rome and fly out of Rome on 10/1.

I guess I expected ABD to be a little more helpful in accomodating. She basically said that they would take us to the train station in Florence, but I needed to book any accomodations and travel after that point.

So now I'm a little stressed out....I booked ABD because I didnt want to have to deal with stuff like this at all.

I'm sure someone else out there has done this? Am I concerned for no reason? Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Hi .. I went on the ABD London Paris last year and then went on the Disney Med Cruise. The same thing. They drove me to the airport and then I was on my own. I lucked out a little, as I had DCL book my hotel in Barcelona for me though. This year, I'm going to the Backstage Magic tour, then the DCL on the west coast. I have been told to arrange my own transportation to the ship as they will only drive me to the airport!

No worries, it's worked out fine for us. Our guides knew we were extending our stay after our Viva Italia trip last June. When we were at the train station in Florence, they showed us how to read the train schedule, make reservations, purchase tickets and get on the right train. We had no trouble getting back to Rome from Venice. In fact, we made stops in Milan, Florence and Sienna before returning to Rome. Our last day in Venice, our ABD guides took us to the train station and stayed with us until our train left the station. Italia Rail has several non-stop trains from Florence to Rome through out the day. You can also look at schedules and costs on line at www.italiarail.com, so you can do some advance planning before you get there.

The guides are more than accomodating. They will, as kmcrosby attested, take excellent care of you. They know when/where/how each guest is departing and will make sure it goes smoothly. In order for us to get home, we had to leave outside the timelines (as in 0'dark hundred) while everyone else was still asleep. The guides arranged for a taxi to pick us up and take us to the airport, got up with us to see us off and make sure there was no trouble (and even paid the fare for us). In advance, all we were told by the ABD offices was that we had to find our own way to the airport at our expense.

Whatever lack of assistance is given by the abd offices is not an indication of the wonderful care and attention given to you by the guides.

Oh, and bring your video camera to the wine tasting - there is a wealth of great information. We sure wish we had recorded it!

Ciao!

Thanks to all for your informative replies. This is exactly what I needed. I love DIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter