Teen excursion on CC

GoofyDisneyMom

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had their teen do the Teen only excursion called The Wild Side on Castaway Cay?? If so how was it and what did they do?? My teen isn't sure if she wants to do it or not. Also how many teens participated in the excursion?? Thanks

GoofyDisneyMom
getting ready for 1st DC to Western 8/30

From my 13 yr. old: (btw, she loved it!)

Meet at CG - go to topsiders for breakfast; get off boat (need KTTW) got towels and life jackets; do the bike ride first; take a ride down to other side of beach; kayak for 15-20 mins.; bike back to drop off; get Powerade break; go snorkeling (off family beach); do the Cookies BBQ lunch; walk to teen beach and join up with the teens who didn't go on wild side. Advice: Wear sandals because otherwise your shoes are destroyed by the end of the day (water, sand, etc.)
mickfootav.gif

I'm a teen and it doesn't sound to appealing to me. Just wanted to hint that. We are going on the 16th cruise!

My daughter did the Wild Side Excursion and enjoyed it very much. They did bikes, kayaks, and snorkeling all morning and then had lunch. I think there were about 15 to 20 in her group. After lunch the excursion was over and she joined us for more activities, but if she wanted she could have gone to the teen beach at that point and continued to hang out with the teenagers.

We were on the Wonder in May and hope to go again next May. My 13 yr DD is thinking about taking part in THE WILD SIDE excursion on CC but she also wants to snorkel with her dad. We know that we will have to have snorkel gear but will DD have to rent gear for after the excursion or can she keep it all day?

Hope I haven't been to confusing.

Thanks!
MIS

My 13 year old DD did this in 2002. She really enjoyed everything but the snorkeling (her snorkel kept filling up at the bottom and she kept getting too much water in her mouth. The councellors had disappeared and she couldn't get anyone to help her). She said she saw nurse sharks where they kayaking. She was the youngest and hadn't made too many friends, so she was a bit lonely. Next time, all three kids will be teens, so it should be wonderful for them!

After lunch, (which she ate with us) they have a raft building/racing activity on the teen beach and she really liked that.

My 15 yo son thought the raft building (& I think racing) was the best part. He made friends w/3 other boys his age (2 of whom he still corres. with) & they had a blast. My husb. & I stopped by just to see how he was doing & could barely get them to stop long enough to take a picture. (That pic is on my son's shelf.)

We're going again soon & he'll be almost 18 (turns it 2 days into the trip) & he wanted to make sure that he'll be able to be in CG again & do the Wildside. Guess that says it all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter