• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Telegraph Top Ten white knuckle rides

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
I was mentally agreeing with this list (although I haven't done a lot of them :rolleyes: ), until I reached their no. 10 .........
Top Ten

What do you think of their choices?

Hi Hilary,

I don't agree with No.6- Space mountain,I'm sure it deserved to be there in its day but not now.

And I agree with you on No10 - Twister,that is, it doesn't deserve to be in the top 10!

Tower of Terror ??

Huh !!!

Didn't do anything for Janet, sorry! :o

Kraken was good though, we did that a few times on our first couple of days here in Florida.

R n R - good but it takes your breath away (worried for DD Sarah as she's asthmatic but she was fine) and gave DW a headache!

One ride (not on the list) was a new ride which is being previewed at AK right now. Only limited rides and times during the day called Primeval Whirl. If anyone has been to the Twister at West Midlands Safari park will know the type of ride it is. Its a real spunky, bone shaking sort of ride and thats not all, I could even see the structure move too !!

Terry (sheltering in Bradenton library from the storm !!)

Space Mountain makes their top ten, but the Hulk doesn't!? Methinks the man is an idiot...

Regards

Rob

Twister? TWISTER? All I can say is that he must have been at the Magic Mushrooms!

I would have to put Dr Doom's Fearfall at the top of the list. It took me years to pluck up the courage to do ToT, I break into a cold sweat <i>every</i> time I ride Splash, I've yet to bring myself to ride Jurassic Park, but Dr Doom - I SHOULD COCO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duelling Dragons, Hulk and Rock 'n' Roller - piece of cake!

I can't believe Hulk isn't on the list - and Montu at Busch Gardens is better than some of those lower down the list too! I've done all the rides on the list - but wouldn't necessarily agree with the order.

Hi this is MY top 10!

1: Montu
2: Incredible Hulk
3: Duelling Dragons
4: Gwazi
5: Kumba
6: Tower of Terror
7: Alien Encounter
8: Space Mountain
9: Rockin Rollercoaster
10: Python

Not tried Krakken yet, but will in the next three weeks, got to be in the top 5.

Definatley no TWISTER in top 40! :rolleyes:

What do you think? :confused:

Paul

Twister???? Please....did they see a different one to us??

Hi all

What is going on with that list, totally disagree with the order. As you all said WHY was twister even listed and no hulk. The scariest/top rides for me was:

1. RnR Coaster (amazing, could not breath)
2. Tower of Terror (knew what was coming but still excellent)
3. Space Mountain (sorry guys but still love it)
4. Hulk
5. Splash Mountain
6. Thunder River
7. Back to the future
8. Spider Man
9. Montu
10. Men in Black

That is a rough list just off the top of my head, most of them not to scary just good.

See ya

T

I'd go
1) DD (front seats)
2) Hulk
3) TOT (great themeing)
4)Kracken
5)Montu
6)Kumba
7)Alien Encounter (clever use of fear)
8) Rock N Roller
9) Kwazi
10) Journey To Atlantis

For non front seats I'd move DD down to #4 and promote those at 2,3,4 a place each, TOT, AE and JTA make it in for offering something different in each of their own ways. As AE isn't really a "white knuckle ride" as subs I'd have Dr Doom, Python and Space Mountain.

If we're including Spiderman as a "white knuckle ride" that goes straight in at number one as , IMHO, this is the BEST RIDE in Orlando.

Can't comment on many of these ( have only done TOT, SM (but at DLP), Jurasic Park and Twister) but have to agree...TWISTER? Even my mum did that and thought it was tame!

The most scarey ride I have ever done was Duddly Doright at Islands of Adventure. Not that the ride is in itself that scarey but we didn't realise that there were bars to hold onto until we were getting off! I went down the steep drop trying to hold onto DD who was behind me! Got to know the American guy in front far to well for someone who I had not even been introduced to by the end LOL

Karen

Scariest ride !!!!!

The Skycoaster at Old Town must be the No1 scare in Florida.

Myself, DW & DS(10) plucked up the courage to ride and were winched 300ft in the air horizontally, it was only then that DS decided he couldn't reach the release cable. It was down to me to reach across him and pull the cord. It was only as I pulled did it dawn on me that I didn't have anything to hold on to, except the skin of my teeth !!!!!!!!!.

Anyway it coulnd't have been too bad as we now intend to ride at night on our August visit this year.

120 days and counting.

Twister at no. 10 is a joke, but I also thought that ToT at number 2 was a bit daft. I love Tot, I thought River adventure was tame, but wild horses wouldn't get me onto those coasters :p

Well i couldn't help going straight to No.10 and i have to say i had to just LOL:D

Plurrrese!!!!!!!!

Eda

Well, I went to the list thinking that I wouldn't have ridden any of them as I consider myself a bit of a wimp and, what's this, I've been on half!!

Strangely, my post could read as the complete opposite of UKDeb's!! :)

Loved ToT and RnRC! Can't comment on Twister at all as I haven't been on it! I can't believe Hulk isn't on the list, maybe he didn't notice it at IOA, after all you'd hardly know it was there!! ;)

Here's my top 10 thrill rides for what it's worth:

1. Rock n Roller Coaster
2. Tower of Terror
3. Journey to Atlantis
4. Jurassic Park
5. Space Mountain
6. Splash Mountain
7. Alien Encounter
8. Spider Man
9. Big Thunder Mountain
10. Men in Black (not sure that belongs here but I needed a 10th!!)

The Murfs - Are you completely insane!!! :)

Astrid x

Don't agree with them all - some not all !!!!

Can't believe Hulk isn't there - perhaps he didn't see it. It's only HUGE & GREEN!!

Wouldn't put Space Mountain in at all unless it was the one in Paris. We came off the one in MK & my DD 10 said boring!

Would put Journey to Atlantis in instead of Jurassic Park.

And wouldn't put Alien Encounter in at all . Absolutely HATED it & will not go on AGain.

And agree with you all Twister ?????????

:jester: :jester: :jester:

I've done all of these and I have to agree that Twister and Space Mountain just don't belong. I would have said that TOT didn't belong either until it broke down on us last week. It wasn't much fun being stuck in there (at the top). They had to lower us down slowly. It didn't prevent me riding it minutes later though.:eek: :eek: :eek:
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter