Tell me about Boatwrights

maggiew

DIS Veteran
I was thinking of taking my Mother-in-law there as a thank you for picking us up at the airport and taking us to Disney. (She lives in Florida) Afterwards me and the girls could take her on the carriage ride. (That's really why I picked Boatwrights.) My husband and his step-dad could hang out at the bar while we were taking the carriage ride.

How does this sound?

I had thought about scheduling the afternoon tea at the GF and getting her a Cinderella slipper dessert, but I am not sure we could make it in time for the tea.

Maggie

I think that sounds wonderful. I personally enjoy Boatwright's! We are staying at POR on our next trip and have made PS's for Boatwright's for breakfast and dinner. And the carriage ride, is the end to a great evening.

We have had many a meal at Boartwright (probably because we stay there every year) and have always enjoyed. Unless you can get a 2:00 tea time and eat lightly, I wouldn't try to both on the same day. Maybe your MIL could come back another day for tea. It's something not to be missed. Another alternative would to be to skip oatwright's, make you tea reservation for 3:30 or 4:00. Have the slipper delivered to the Garden View Room and enjoy.

Have eaten at Boatwrights at least six times. We have always enjoyed it as have my mother (70+) and my in-laws (60+). The menu has appeal for all ages. Your plans for your mother-in-law sound delightful. She is as lucky to have you as you are to have her. Don't think twice. Enjoy dinner and the carriage ride!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by ILUVDXL
We have had many a meal at Boartwright (probably because we stay there every year) and have always enjoyed. Unless you can get a 2:00 tea time and eat lightly, I wouldn't try to both on the same day. Maybe your MIL could come back another day for tea. It's something not to be missed. Another alternative would to be to skip oatwright's, make you tea reservation for 3:30 or 4:00. Have the slipper delivered to the Garden View Room and enjoy.

I was thinking of doing either one or the other, not both. I thought the tea would be fun and I could special order the slipper. But I am just not sure we could make it in time. So I think I am going to opt for the Boatwright/carraige ride idea.

Maggie

Boatwright's has been one of our favorites. We average 2-3 times a year. Our last visit 6 weeks ago, however, will be our last. They don't sell Dixie beer anymore (waitress didn't even know what that was!), they don't have Zydecco Zingers (hot buffalo wings) but some weird wing concoction that is absolutely awful. The Jambalaya was too dry to eat, some of the Jambalaya meat was unidentifiable and the service was slow and and unattentive.

We will never go there again and it breaks my heart because we have always looked forward to a meal here.

What a shame. Looks like I'll have to make some iquiries. DH loves Dixie Beer. This will not make him a happy camper. Boatwrights was always one of the places you could rely on to be consistent over the years. I wonder if the kitchen is going the some sort of shake up. Sometimes as goes the kitchen so goes the service. I think this was one on the few times we made no plans for dinner there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter