Tell me about the Biergarten, please!

bethbuchall

DIS Veteran
I called tonight to see if I could make a PS for Le Cellier for next week, and unfortunately there were no tables for a party of 5 that night. The only restaurant that quickly came to mind was the Biergarten, so I made a PS there.

I'd like to get your opinions on whether to keep that or just go counter service that night (I know the kids would eat at the counter service in Mexico).

Is the Biergarten worth the price?

Thanks!

Beth

It's fun and different. It's a buffet with a variety of German foods. I'm not crazy about German food but it's a nice change. The atmosphere is busy but fun. The seating is arranged so you can see the stage where a band plays. It's a fun time, like Oktoberfest all the time!! I'm sure you can check Deb Will's site for the menu at: http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_ger.htm

OH and hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I just had one of those 40th birthdays myself!! (and I have a 5 yr old dd) HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

for the first time last Fall and loved it. I grew up on German cooking but my wife and girls had never really had it. Everyone found something they liked and enjoyed. The atmosphere was great and very different. We all had a great time.

Enjoy!

Kapp

This restaurant is a must do for my family every trip. Even if we don't plan on going to Epcot, we will still make ps for here and make the trip over for lunch. I am a German food freak and this place is the greatest! The staff loves to talk about where they are from, and they are very tolerant of my fractured German.

::MickeyMo

This is a must do for us. The food is very good (although DH says it is too Americanized, but then what isn't in WS). The show is a lot of fun too.

Had you thought about trying San Angel Inn since you know the kids would eat Mexican food?
We wanted to try Biergarten on our trip but I know my kids wouldnt like it so we are eating at San Angel Inn one day and Garden Grill another.

Do you guys recommend reservations for lunch at Biergarten for next Saturday or can we drop in without too much wait? Thank you.

I don't know how busy it gets on a weekend but I had made reservations for noon early last aug when the parks were crowded and there were only 5 other parties seated at the time so the ps would not have been needed. We plan on eating there again on our upcoming trip and haven't made a ps for it since I doubt we'll need one.

I will agree that this has become a MUST for my family! We ate there this past Nov. and loved it. The food is different and usually I don't go out of my 'comfort zone' of foods but, I found several things that I really liked and I am going back next week. The atmosphere was great also! I think you would really like it you just have to give it a try! Let us all know!:Pinkbounc

If you know your kids love Mexican food think about the San Angel. That is a must do for lunch!:Pinkbounc

The atmosphere is one of the best in the world. You really feel like you are eating at night in an outdoor courtyard. Great place to beat the heat.

It was OK, But IMHO - Not Great!

Be advised that seating is Oct. Fest style - you may not have a private table - but may be seated at very long tables.

I like German food and music...but after 45 minutes or so of umpapa-umpapa-umpapa-umpapa-umpapa-umpapa-umpapa-
PROST!........it gets a little old.......

It is loud and Very Busy!

The food is served out of steamtables and there were no hand carved meats.

If I remember there was only one "solid' meat pork item - the rest were sausage/wursts/brats types.

It was fun and a novelity - but I will not be back -
Been There, Done That kind of thing to me.

But - If you go, I hope you enjoy it!

I don't care for it myself, but I'm spoiled by the great German restaurant in my home town. It's not bad, but not great, and I don't like the seating as you don't always get a table to yourself.

My fav sit down place is San Angel Inn. A bit pricey to eat with kids, but it's very good, and I love the interior, especially after spending the day in the bright sun, it's so dark and cool...

But if it's too pricey, than the couter service in Mexico is great too, and you can get a seat right by the water.

We have been to Germany numerous times and we really enjoy the restaurant. The food is tasty not spectacular. The food does not compare to Canada, but the restaurant is a lot of fun. The entertainment is very good, extremely upbeat and my kids love going here. We usually go every year, because we think it is good corney fun. We all do the chicken dance and they usually have a lot of audience participation.

The question is really are you looking for a quite gourmet dinner similar to Canada or more of a fun show like hoop d do. I've also eaten in Mexico, which is quite and romantic, lots of fun too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter