Tell me about the food options at Sea World, please

Zoemakes5

<font color=deeppink>Support me in my Disney mania
What dining options do they have? What kinds of food? Anything to stay away from? Must see/have?
TIA!

I pray the food at San Diego Sea World isn't as bad as the one in Orlando...

that's probably the *only* thing we avoid there :(

I'm interested to see the answers here as well~

Both the Smokehouse and Mango Joes are pretty good. Mama Stella's Italian is way overpriced for what it is (and people think $6 for a slice of pizza at DL is bad--at least Pizza Port doesn't skimp on the toppings, unlike at Mama Stella's, where I spent over $8 on a bbq chicken pizza with one or two chunks of chicken on it and a couple slivers of onion). Oh, and Sea World is a Pepsi park, so if you're like me and hate Pepsi (those one or two extra ingredients do a number on my stomach) and Aquafina, well, good luck.

Both the Smokehouse and Mango Joes are pretty good. Mama Stella's Italian is way overpriced for what it is (and people think $6 for a slice of pizza at DL is bad--at least Pizza Port doesn't skimp on the toppings, unlike at Mama Stella's, where I spent over $8 on a bbq chicken pizza with one or two chunks of chicken on it and a couple slivers of onion). Oh, and Sea World is a Pepsi park, so if you're like me and hate Pepsi (those one or two extra ingredients do a number on my stomach) and Aquafina, well, good luck.

I'm a Mt. Dew girl, so I'll be happy for the respite from all that coke at DLR!
I'll stear the family away from Mama Stellas, if at all possible!
Are either the Smokehouse or Mango Joes sit down? There used to (looong time ago, say, 20 years!) be a great upscale restaurant there, but I don't think it is anymore.
Are the meals with Shamu any good? Worth it for the experience, if not the food?

At this point in time, everything is cafeteria style (ala Plaza Inn and Pizza Port at DL). There's also a place near Shipwreck Rapids, but nothing on their menu appeals to me. Mango Joes has pretty good chicken fajitas and the Smokehouse has tasty rotiserie chicken (can you tell that chicken is my preferred protien?). I remember many years ago eating at a sit down restaurant near the skyway entrance that was really good, but that's long gone.

I'm a Dr. Pepper girl, and no has that. DLR does have a place or two with Mr. Pibb, so at least that's close in taste.

I'm anxious to know about Shamu dining options? Is the breakfast worthwhile or will it take time away from other things during a 1 day visit at SW? What about the Shamu show w/lunch picnic? The menu doesn't sound like anything my DS would like, but they are too old for kids meal??? What to do:confused3

Any input would be great? Also their website only has dates through Feb. How far out can you book meal experiences?

Thanks for the help!:banana:

I'm anxious to know about Shamu dining options? Is the breakfast worthwhile or will it take time away from other things during a 1 day visit at SW? What about the Shamu show w/lunch picnic? The menu doesn't sound like anything my DS would like, but they are too old for kids meal??? What to do:confused3

Any input would be great? Also their website only has dates through Feb. How far out can you book meal experiences?

Thanks for the help!:banana:

Our entire family is Platinum passport holders and go to Sea World often.

From the Sea World latest website:

http://www.seaworld.com/SWC/default.aspx

Here is the breakfast menu:
Fluffy French Toast
Savory Scrambled Eggs
Machaca
Bacon
Sausage
Potatoes
Fresh Fruit
Orange and Apple Juice
Hot Chocolate
Assorted Pepsi® Products
Iced Tea
Hot Tea
Coffee

Cost for 1 adult and 1 child would be $40. Breakfast usually lasts one hour. We have gone between 10:00-11:00 AM. Children under three are free but must be registered. Food is all you can eat and you are checked into the park before the park opens. Something to do once.

Dine With Shamu Menu for lunch:
Beef Bourguignon
Seafood Creole
Chicken Dijon
Creamy Garlic Tortellini
Pecan Rice Pilaf
Fresh Garden Vegetable Medley
Caesar Salad
Oriental Salad
Freshly Baked Rolls & Butter
Assorted Fresh Baked Desserts
Assorted Pepsi® Products
Iced Tea, Hot Tea
Coffee
Hot Chocolate
Select Anheuser-Busch® Beverages

Children's Menu:
Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken Pieces
All Beef Hot Dogs
Fresh Fruit Salad
Shamu Cookies

Cost for 1 adult and 1 child is $54.00. Children under three are free but must be registered. Buffet is all you can eat. I have seen children eat from the adult menu without any problem. On a Saturday, they typically have three times, 12:30, 3:00 and 5:00 PM

I have 3 GK's age 12, 9 and 6 who go a great deal to Sea World. They prefer the dine with Shamu over the breakfast.

Booking on the web is usually just a few months in advance.

Just my experiences....

:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter