Tell me more about SSR

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
We bought DVC last year (site unseen) and stayed there a couple of weeks ago. I thought that SSR was beautiful, but I didn't really take time to enjoy it all. I know that I'll be back, but it will be another 2 years. So...I spent a lot of time at the parks & not much at the resort. What did I miss out on? (I want to know so that I can enjoy it next time!)

We stayed in the Springs. There was a big building that said Theater on it pretty near to us. What was this?

Tell me your favorite area & why. Next time I'll make a room request. This time I just did whatever they gave me! (It did have a beautiful lake/pond view and wasn't too far from the bus stop)

Hmmm, let's see...

The movie theater is where they currently house the room models for AKV (and supposedly a mystery DVC model in the back).

The Springs pool has the best slide on property (so say those who love the churning effect on the way down). I just love the pool because it is so handicap accessible.

That Welcome Home folder you got at check in has a list of daily activities you missed including arts & crafts, pool contests with prizes, games and movies at the Grandstand pool.

On the street by the pool is Horsin' Around rentals where you could have rented a bike for a half hour, hour or day and toured the resort in style.

They were playgrounds (with rock climbing walls) for the kiddies at Congress Park & Paddocks (across that bridge you saw spanning the lake).

Sunrises over the golf courses, leisurely strolls to Artist Palette for coffee in your refillable mug and then a stroll around the lakes and various sections.

Ducks, swans (white and black) and bald eagles reside on the grounds, along with lots of smaller birds, rabbits and other critters. Usually out early in the morning or around dusk.

Massages at the Spa, followed by facials and pedicures.

All that exercise equipment in the Fitness Center.

The Chef Specials for dinner at AP. Or the burgers at Turf Club.

Riding the ferry to DTD or over to OKW (and eating at Olivia's).

As for favorite section, so far I've been in the Springs and Grandstand. I loved both. Some say Carousel is not their favorite because it has no exclusive pool, but I rather like the private lake. Lots of beautiful birds and rabbits to be seen there.

Two years is a long time to plan. When you do get back, I suggest you take some early afternoons back to the resort, get off at a stop not your own and stroll back to a pool then dive in (helps if you have your bathing suit handy too). Relaxing in the pool at 2pm when the sun was the hottest was sheer bliss. Doesn't hurt I won the pool trivia contest either.

Subscribe to the SSR Owners/Lovers thread. There is tons of information there and lots of pics as well. It is here on this board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter