Tell us what old movies you're watching...

Move over Darling, 1963 with James Garner and Doris Day

The CinemaScope picture was a remake of a 1940 screwball comedy film, My Favorite Wife, with Irene Dunne, Cary Grant and Gail Patrick.

Both versions are funny and charming, about a wife lost at sea returning 5 years later as her husband is remarrying.

We’re streaming some Columbia Film Noir pictures through Criterion. Blind Alley 1939, The Harder They Fall 1956, and last night we watched Gilda 1946. Also working though the MCU :)

I really enjoyed watching Andrea Bocelli’s Easter concert this morning from Italy. It’s now on YouTube. I hope it’s okay to share since while it is religious, it’s also cultural and artistic.

It was sobering to me, while many comparisons have been made to 9/11 for us as Americans, in this crisis the whole world is hurting. Anyways, it was beautiful and I enjoyed it.

ughhh ...the ending! Wow

Star Trek V and Star Trek VI (not in full yet this week), Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments, Wizard of Oz (well 1 hour into it last night had to stop stream for dh to have better connection for work), Psycho, and The Birds.

Don't know about "old" but,
Hoosiers
SeaBiscuit
Secretariat
84 Charing Cross Road

Old!
Since You Went Away
Easter Parade
Lots of the old musicals

and, even though they're not movies...
my British mysteries:
George Gently
Endeavour
Vera
Inspector Lewis
Inspector Morse
Prime Suspect

Walt’s Dream - some suggestions you may also like on the British mystery front -
Scott and Bailey
Foyle’s War

Just rewatched Blond Crazy tonight for the first time in ages. Still like it a lot. James Cagney & Joan Blondell make an excellent team.

Just watched Casablanca on TCM over the weekend... LOVE THIS MOVIE! So many classic movie lines, the actors are amazing - Bogart and Bergman :love: ... not to mention the throwback feels to the Great Movie Ride scene. "We'll always have Paris."

I watched Sister Act 1 & 2 last weekend. Hadn't seen them in quite some time.
And while its not a Movie, also been watching MASH.

Spartacus
Dial M for Murder
Shadow of a Doubt
Stagecoach
High Noon

The other night Kevin and I were trying to decide on a movie to watch. We're caught up on most of the new releases we want to see and we were thinking about old(er) movies we haven't seen in a while.

Sometimes it's a bit of a negotiation - Kevin prefers that we watch something with real people (i.e. no androids, cyborgs, zombies or cgi) and would prefer it have minimal singing and dancing. Sometime there's a trade-off - we use this phrase...."this was your choice so I get the next one".

Well Kevin ran across Moonstruck on TCM. It had been a while since either of us saw it so we agreed it would be a good one to watch. We really enjoyed it!!! It holds up very well and has some of the best actors/actresses around in it. It was the perfect find at the perfect time.

Have you come across an old favorite you haven't watched in a while? If so tell us so we can put it on our list of what to watch next...
Birdcage and Blazing Saddles.

Rise of Skywalker, Alice in Wonderlaand, the various Johnny Depp Alice movies, Swiss Family Robinson, The Star Treks with Chris Pine, some of the Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Enterprise
Tonight, I had watched Terminator 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter