Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

Had totally forgotten about practicing since my last HS day was in September but since I'll be there on Tues I figured I'd better brush up on my skills. I missed testing the 7am window today but hopefully I'll get to test that at least once in the next couple days. I just tried at 1pm and I believe I was successful on a couple attempts. It seems like the window was open for at least 1 full minute this afternoon. Obviously I'll hope for a BG during the 7am window but we are ok with heading back at the end of the day (ride uptime permitting) if we have to do the 1pm window.

It was. It was open for 1 minute and 25 seconds.

What’s the highest boarding group they usually give out? I know it’s different each day but what’s the average?

Somehow got up this morning just before 7 and remembered to test out getting a BG. Just used the second hand on my apple watch and I got to the no park reservation screen. I guess that means it was a success? If so, I'll just do a countdown for everyone hope one of us gets a BG.

Goodness, this is stressing me out. We have two HS days coming up and it's the main thing we want to do. We have four shots at it, hopefully it works. 😬😬

I want to verify because I see conflicting info on various places. For the 1pm queue we need to be in the park now correct? That’s what is stated in the pre arrival email i just received.

The purpose of this thread is an update to the original thread about how to get a BG for RoTR.

No Spoilers

This is a NO SPOILER thread - any post containing anything hinting at an attraction spoiler may be removed or edited at the discretion of Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies Board Moderators.

Even simple descriptions of locations and processes are considered spoilers - spoiler threads such as this one are available for discussing the ride if so inclined.

Basic Acronym List
  • RotR - Rise of the Resistance
  • BG - Boarding Group

The only way to ride this attraction is by having a boarding group.
There is NO Fast Pass entry or standby entry.

You may only get a BG on a day you have a Park Reservation for Disney's Hollywood Studios.

You will need to use the MDE app

1) Go to the AT-AT
-What is an AT-AT? It is a Star Wars All Terrain Armored Transport.
View attachment 582351

2) At 7am or 1pm Click join, then join, then join.

-Time is of the essence. Boarding groups can fill up in as little as 2 seconds.

-All members of your MDE friends and family who have a park reservation for Disney's Hollywood Studios for that day, should automatically show up while you are hitting join. If you stop to click and unclick people, you most likely will not get a BG.

-At 7AM you may try to make a boarding group from any location. At 1pm, you must make your BG from inside the park or if you tap in before 1pm, you can make the BG from outside the park.

-Presently, if Disney's Hollywood Studios isn't the park of your reservation, you won't be able to get a BG if you start somewhere else and park hop to DHS.

-Guests may only join one BG in a day.

-Having a BG does not guarantee you'll get to ride. There are times where it breaksdown, closes, or parts of the attraction close.

-The notification you receive will show your return window, it gives you an hour.

-Multiple people in your MDE friends and family group can try for a BG at the same time.

Can I practice from home?
-Yes!
-Just keep in mind that only your name will show up as a rider choice.
-If you see the screen that says, 'Wait a minute. Is everyone in the park?' this will have been a successful practice.

You can also try for a boarding group by clicking Check Status, and following the prompts.

Baby Swap
-Both parents scan and then one goes and waits with the child and then they swap after the ride is done.

I have DAS, how do I ride?
-For DAS: You need to get a BG for each member of your party. When you get notification on MDE that your BG is called, you get in the Rise Line. When you get to the CM they'll scan your band to verify the BG. Let that cm know you have DAS and you'll be sent to a different tapstile to enter.

What if my BG is called while I'm at an ADR, Savi's, or Droid Depot?
-As of this posting, you may go to your ADR, Savi's or Droid Depot and come back when you can if your BG has been called.

If you get a BG at 7am- generally when is your group called? Is it ever at the end of the day? I'm asking because I have dinner reservations for each HS day, and if I have to cancel the same day there is a charge. How do you decide between going on ROTR or going to dinner??

If you get a BG at 7am- generally when is your group called? Is it ever at the end of the day? I'm asking because I have dinner reservations for each HS day, and if I have to cancel the same day there is a charge. How do you decide between going on ROTR or going to dinner??
It varies on how the attraction is operating on a given day but must of the 7 AM window should be done by 4 PM. They usually can load 10-16 groups per hour on a good day.

If you have an ADR go there first and they will be flexible a RoTR. The CM may ask to see your ADR in MDE but it is unlikely.

Note: Don't be late for dinner that is considered rude to other guests and CM staff.

Dave

It varies on how the attraction is operating on a given day but must of the 7 AM window should be done by 4 PM. They usually can load 10-16 groups per hour on a good day.

If you have an ADR go there first and they will be flexible a RoTR. The CM may ask to see your ADR in MDE but it is unlikely.

Note: Don't be late for dinner that is considered rude to other guests and CM staff.

Dave
If you get a 7AM BG and the ride is running well you should be able to ride before your ADR. If you don’t get a BG until 1 PM or if the ride is having a rough day, it could be a different story.

The thing you need to keep in mind is where is your ADR, what time is it at compared to park closing and what BG are they calling? It’s not unusual for the final BGs to be called before the park closes so you’ll want to ensure if you want to ride that you can get to the ride before it closes for the day.

Does anyone know if they call all BGs by say 6:00 on a day the park closes at 8:00, will guests still be allowed to ride if they arrive right before closing since technically their boarding window ends at 7:00?

The reason I’m asking is that we’re not big fans of DHS table service or QS so often book ADRs at nearby resorts. For example, we booked supper at Beaches and Cream today for one of our DHS days.

If you are forced to decide ultimately it’s up to you although after waiting so long to go ride I’d find it difficult to give up the ride for a dining reservation.

I got a 1:00 BG for my friends family from home this past week! It was so much fun, so exciting! My coworker and I were jumping up and down and screaming in our office (thankfully we were still on lunch) The countdown to 1 was pretty tense even though I personally didn’t have a stake in the game. I’m sure I will be a nervous wreck trying for my own fam in August. I was super relieved that my “process“ does in deed work!

Is the first BG called before the official park opening? If I obtain a BG at 7am from my hotel (RR) and park opens at 9am- when is the first BG?

This morning I got BG 46 and my estimated return time was 275 minutes, so around 11am-ish. Hope that helps.

If the attraction breaks down, that can push it back further.

Is the first BG called before the official park opening? If I obtain a BG at 7am from my hotel (RR) and park opens at 9am- when is the first BG?

We were bg 14 on our trip last week and were called about 9:55. Once the ride opened (about 9:15 that day) groups were called fast. We walked onto the ride. There's an hour window after your group first comes up to get to the ride.

Another day, our bg of 27 was called abt 10:40. Unfortunately, the ride had gone down and we were in line about an hour before we boarded.

Also, on the bg 27 day, they were not yet fully loading the pre-show. (Covid precautions were still on place.) The next day bg14 day, they were.

People have reported that even if you miss your time slot you can still ride, no issues with being after your hour window.

We had boarding group 11 in May and it was called around 8:35am on a day that the park opened at 9am. Groups 1 through 13 were called at the same time.

I would have to imagine with normal rope drop returning, they’re not calling boarding groups before official park opening. Unless rope drop happens before official park opening as well.

People have reported that even if you miss your time slot you can still ride, no issues with being after your hour window.
You're correct but there is also no guarantee that this will be allowed to happen without proof that they were at an ADR.

Just don't want people to get lax with the return times in case Disney suddenly changes and no longer allows extensions of return times.

I "got" the boarding group every time I practiced-in that it let me go all the way to the "wait a minute' page-and I practiced several mornings a week for a month before our trip last week. BUT, standing in an area at Yacht Club at 645-7 with a group of like minded friends, some using Disney WiFi, and some like me, using our own data, didn't get it at 7. We got it at 1, however. CM"s at the park told my adult son most people can get it easier in the park for the 1 o'clock slot. Group 119 in line at 445. Luckily, RotR didn't break down any that day! MMRR did instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter