Temporarily Locked: Standy Line Open. Boarding Group: Rise of the Resistance *No Spoilers* Thread, Read 1st Post before commenting.

I was able to get a boarding group the other day. Using advice I found here and on other sites, I turned off WiFi and used the speed test app to determine the best location in my room for service on my phone. Then closed every app. Opened the MDE app a few minutes before 7 to make sure I was logged in and clicked on virtual queues, then ROTR. I had the world clock (time and date.com) running on my iPad. A few seconds before 7, I refreshed the app and the option to join popped up. I got boarding group 65 and according to the clock it was just a few seconds after 7. Very happy we were able to ride it this trip after getting a giant goose egg the last time.

Hello group, today I did a test in the morning, I gave join, join, join and I got a message that it seems that you are not in the park? what does that mean. I gave him back again and it came out that there was no BG.

Hello group, today I did a test in the morning, I gave join, join, join and I got a message that it seems that you are not in the park? what does that mean. I gave him back again and it came out that there was no BG.

From post 1:

“If you see the screen that says, 'Wait a minute. Is everyone in the park?' this will have been a successful practice.”

From post 1:

“if you see the screen that says, 'Wait a minute. Is everyone in the park?' this will have been a successful practice.”
yes that was the message !!! Good, for the first time I did it, they are only seconds apart. THANK YOU

I’m at our hotel now on property and tried to get into the 7:00 queue, yikes no legit shot. Was refreshing like a mad woman, our names popped up at 7:00 and thirty seconds, pressed Join and it’s full.

hoping the 1:00 queue is easier. Any tips or strategies?

I have a feeling the 1:00 drop may be hard today. We did get a BG but our estimated return hasn’t advanced for a while now so I think there are technical difficulties.

I have a feeling the 1:00 drop may be hard today. We did get a BG but our estimated return hasn’t advanced for a while now so I think there are technical difficulties.
Yes, someone in another thread has mentioned being in line for more than 30 mins and not moving. Looks like it's having some challenges today.

Well, at 1:00 today they were gone by 1:02. I did get through multiple times, but sometime in the 1:02 minute they closed. So the streak of open for more to am 10 minutes at 1:00 ends for me.

Yes, BGs were longer than a few seconds at 1:00 again today in spite of the ride being down for part of the morning.

I got through successfully a number of times before stopping trying around 1:02.

We were in M&MRW que at 1 to get a RotR and I was smirking at the amount of people in the que on their phone with the screen refreshing. I was lucky and get Boarding Pass #135 with estimated arrival time at 7:05. The ride went down in the afternoon but ended up announcing our boarding at 6:30 but the line to get in was almost to the entrance. The ride went down again for about 25 minutes and was finally able to get off the ride around 8:15.

My first 7:00 am practice since Feb 2020. I was able to get through once. I didn’t do anything special, I just watched the second hand on my Apple Watch so I knew when it was almost 7:00, and then clicked as soon as I saw the clock on my phone change to 7:00. It did take longer than I would like to populate my friends and family, but I got through. I closed the app (didn’t just back up) and opened it again, and they were gone.

My first 7:00 am practice since Feb 2020. I was able to get through once. I didn’t do anything special, I just watched the second hand on my Apple Watch so I knew when it was almost 7:00, and then clicked as soon as I saw the clock on my phone change to 7:00. It did take longer than I would like to populate my friends and family, but I got through. I closed the app (didn’t just back up) and opened it again, and they were gone.
Yeah, f&f took awhile for me this morning as well. Not usually like that, so hopefully tomorrow isn't as bad.

7am boarding passes are always gone in seconds. Sometimes the after drop lasts a little longer.

We got it yesterday. I had practiced once before we left home and i'm glad I did because I had several people linked to my profile that weren't travelling with us this trip and unselecting them took up precious time. I went and deleted them off my profile so it wouldn't hinder my chances of snagging a spot. .Thursday night I cleared the memory. I updated the app about 6:50am Friday morning.. We kept refreshing the page right before 7. My husband started 2 seconds before the atomic clock hit 7. I hit join right at 7am. His didn't preselect our group but mine did. I hit join, join, done, without giving it a second thought and we got boarding group 3. By the time he selected our family it was full. Crazy how fast it goes! I used my own wifi from our Disney hotel room. I have a pixel 4 a.

We got it yesterday. I had practiced once before we left home and i'm glad I did because I had several people linked to my profile that weren't travelling with us this trip and unselecting them took up precious time. I went and deleted them off my profile so it wouldn't hinder my chances of snagging a spot. .Thursday night I cleared the memory. I updated the app about 6:50am Friday morning.. We kept refreshing the page right before 7. My husband started 2 seconds before the atomic clock hit 7. I hit join right at 7am. His didn't preselect our group but mine did. I hit join, join, done, without giving it a second thought and we got boarding group 3. By the time he selected our family it was full. Crazy how fast it goes! I used my own wifi from our Disney hotel room. I have a pixel 4 a.
if you delete them can they be re added for a future trip?

if you delete them can they be re added for a future trip?

Just a FYI that it is not necessary to delete Friends and Family who will not be travelling with you. Only guests in your party who hold a valid park reservation will be selected to get a BG.

I'm not too sure about that. On my app, the people with us were already selected. On my husband's app, they were not and by the time he checked them off it was full. I didn't want to run the risk, so I deleted them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter