Tent Camping in January

rainy 40 degree night
yes! We had this happen once... a long time ago on one of our first 'winter' trips. It was awful, but learned from it. I have a process... We always respray the entire tent the week before we go and even if no rain is expected, add a tarp over everything.

This past year, my fiancé didn't think my extra planning was necessary (his second trip with me and he 'knew what he was doing')…. I shut my mouth and went with it knowing darn well what would happen.... He was very sorry....

My folks were there in their camper, so we just took their sofa for the night, but I knew what was coming and had all our clothes and important things packed in totes.

He knows now... Trust the Process. 😅😂🤣

Everyone shared a heated blanket, but they also make heated mattress covers too! They are wonderful too. Enjoy!
Oh yes! If you have an air mattress... a thick layer between you and the mattress (even if it's not heated) makes a huge difference.

Seems like i ran the heater at least one night last Jan at the Fort.
I would expect you would need at least a small heater just in case.

Well, I just took the plunge. Books three nights at Lake Louise for Marathon Weekend! Since I have to wake up in the middle of the night, I booked a campsite right next to the showers. It also means that it's right next to the showers when I'm trying to sleep at 7pm, but, what're you going to do.

I'm going to see if I can't pickup any end of season sales for some of the cold weather gear y'all have mentioned. Fingers cross I don't need too many of them. But hey, we'll see come January!

If staying at Lake Louisa and planning to come in to run the Half, make sure you arrive at the Epcot parking lot before it closes pre-start. I believe there is a closing time (I've always ridden the bus to/from the Fort at 3am) and you'll need to add in your travel time of course. But hey, it will be exciting.

Heck when I've done Disney races of any length, I hardly sleep ANY the night before anyway. Worrying about over-sleeping is the main reason. (even with an alarm set).

Sounds like a plan.

Bama Ed

If staying at Lake Louisa and planning to come in to run the Half, make sure you arrive at the Epcot parking lot before it closes pre-start.
Yep, definitely gotta budget that in. I think it's like a 30 minute drive (plus time to find a coffee maybe), so gotta leave a little earlier in the morning (night?).

Heck when I've done Disney races of any length, I hardly sleep ANY the night before anyway. Worrying about over-sleeping is the main reason. (even with an alarm set)
Same! And this is my first MW run, so I'm going to be extra excited/afraid LOL I'm thinking about volunteering for the 10k the day before so that I'm extra tired Friday night so that I can just go straight to sleep. Not sure this is the best idea, could end us just exhausted for the HM 😴

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter