Tent Camping Question

I have a Napier Sportz Cove 61000 for my compact SUV, and love it. Mind now, I'm in the upper Atlantic, so not dealing with much heat... (but on a sultry Aug camp out, I did suspend a USB-type fan just above me & left it on most of the night, plugged to a powerbank, & it was great).
  • It's great if you don't want to move your car at all...
  • But! using this means I can't secure the vehicle,...so if I go for a hike or shower, I should not be leaving 'my valuables' there (ipad/camera/phone/standard wallet items/keys/winning lotto tickets).
  • There are some gaps on the sides where the sides aren't quite taut enough, but I've sandwiched some rare earth magnets between strips of duct tape & that works nicely to alleviate the gap.
  • If we had snakes or spiders here, I'd prob be duct taping every crevice directly to the vehicle (no, not really, but I'd find a way to eliminate every inch of gap) .......... that would make it a bit more flyproof as well, but it's not been too bad.
  • As luck would have it, there's only been mild rain and gentle breezes everytime I've used, so it still needs a true "downpour" test.
  • I did cut "reflexit" to fit all windows including the back window (that silver foil padded stuff), and that gives privacy & darkness. ..... If I leave a window down a few inches I just peel a corner of the reflexit away.
  • ... I also have 2 slip-over-the-window sunscreens that also serve as flyscreens & all windows now have those molded sunvisors that extend down a couple inches.
If I find any with good reviews, I might be interested in the tent/screen house thing that has the wall sleeve to pull over the open rear door!

Note! This is not bear country, there's virtually no bears on this peninsula of our island, so I have kept my food in the cooler in the car (I made a reflexit jacket for it for extra insulation).

1668883962725.jpeg

1668884004960.jpeg

Last edited:
You will definitely see it all here and there seems to be no kind of rules! We have seen that setup around here a few times! Very cool and compact, made their sites look enormous!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter