Tepan Edo or Marrakesh

My family really enjoyed Marrakesh. It was quiet, decent food, good service and my daughter loved the bellydance lesson!

Teppan Edo, but either push your lunch earlier and then dinner later. You get A LOT of food at both places.

I’m still trying to move my times. I’m in the 12 day window now so I keep checking daily.

I would rather cancel Garden Grill and stick with Teppan. Just get a smaller meal at a quick service for lunch.

Just us, we would skip garden grill just because sit down during day cut into park time favoring counter sevice instead.

As for dinner, we have found that refreshing search daily among list of acceptable restaurants, via Napoli, San angel, teppan edo, the Italian place, etc. and take what presents itself has always worked. You can then continue to refresh for your top choice or stick with avaiabliliy. Dinner at 4:30 just seems wrong

Marrakesh for us but we have a tepan-edo type restaurant on just about every corner here and not so much in the way of moroccan food.

We have always liked our meals at Marrakesh, even when the kids were younger. It is one of my husband's favorites. We have never tried Teppan-Edo since it is similar to what we can get at home. However, kids usually love the teppanyaki style of cooking and have fun there. Whatever you choose, I agree with you that you need a later dinner time. I would keep your GG reservation since that is a great meal and experience with the characters and keep looking for a later dinner.

Typing a more complete response from a computer instead of phone. It sounds like Teppan Edo is what you want. We have had similar occurences where we wanted say Via Napoli, but it wasn't available, so we would make a "shortlist" of acceptable restaurants (ranked). We would make the reservation based on what was available at our preferred time - and then keep checking/refreshing/changed and I think that most of the time, we have always "converged" onto our top choice - it may have been even less than 24 hours before where we had to call and get our deposit waived, but it has worked. Our shortlist at WC has always been: From least preferred-but acceptable to best is: Marrakesh, San Angel, Teppan Edo, Via Napoli - and to these times, we have mostly gotten our top choice, but the times we settled on San Angel, we never had a bad meal. We went to China once, and that was not memorable.

As for Marrakesh - I'll say this: Unless you know that you don't like Middle Eastern food - Kebabs (chicken, lab, etc), it is a wonderful opportunity and change of pace from what you can get at your Hibachi next door. Marrakesh was where we went when first went to Disney when our son was 8 or 9 15 years ago. We loved the dimly lit ambience, the "Morroco" Indiana Jones narrow feel, the tapestry/tile/architecture, the music the belly dancing and our 9YO went out and danced (along with other kids) with the dance. For us, Morroco has never been a bad "settle"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter