*Teresa & Greg-7/1/12*Swan/Fultons/GF Marina-Epcot Character Fun-Updated*2/22*

Love your brainstorming, peacock feathers are beautiful!

The cones on the chairs are really different but a great idea and love the blue centrepieces to symbolise a light saber :)

We are havign deep purple and blue theme so kind of similar :thumbsup2

The venue is changing for the reception...and can you guess why? I bet you can many DISbrides have had issues with DPS (disney photography) and then there are those that have not. Well in our case for consistency purposes we have decided we want Randy Chapman to do all of our photography. He is going to be doing our engagement session when we go to Disney in December. After looking at his prices and the amount of coverage I have decided I would rather have him than use DPS just to do a reception in the park at the backstage prop shop.

My thinking on this goes like this:
  • most important aspect of photography is digital images
  • i want to have a realtionship with the person already
  • i like artsy photography and creative pictures
  • i want full day coverage
  • i can do a lot with decorating to make the place my own

With all of that in mind I am ok with changing the reception venue from the backstage prop shop. Facts are doing it there would be super cool but we then have to pay for transportation to the venue and other things that just make it more complicated. Now I am sure that it would not be that complicated but I can also take the money I would have been using for DPS (which would have counted towards the wishes minimum) and use it towards doing some bad *** decorations. This also means that I can have disney characters...I am hoping to get donald duck and stitch!

So here is the list of sites that we are going to go see when we go in December.

Atlantic Dance Hall
We like this because of the uniqueness of the place and the fact that our peacock color scheme will look really awesome with the art deco design.

ElaborateReceptionShot.jpg

Eveningreception.jpg

BWADH29-1.jpg

Nutcracker Ballroom (Contemporary Resort)
We love the style of the contemporary resort and finding out that this venue is available to us despite what the disney website said was very exciting!

NutcrackerBallroomdraped.jpg

ContempNutcrackerRoomShot.jpg

ContempNutcracker04.jpg

We are also going to go look at the ballrooms at the boardwalk but I think these are our last choice because of the color schemes in the room and what we are doing as wedding colors.

So I can not wait for our site visit, our LOA signing and making things official!

more in another post of what plans I have made for our december trip and other wedding type things...

Well I can't say you're going wrong sticking with Randy for everything. He took great pics at our wedding. And you're right, his prices are the best.

I love the way ADH looks all decorated up for weddings. Especially if you're going to have the extra money now to put towards more decor. Plus you're colors will look really snazzy in there!!!

Good luck finding somewhere you love.

I'm bummed you're missing out on using the prop shop but I totally understand your reasoning and I would've done the same thing. I wish Disney would just let you use outside photographers! But your plans look good - I love the Atlantic Dance Hall! I think that would work really well with your theme.

I'm sad you're leaving the prop shop but I too understand your reasoning!

No matter where you pick I know it will look great. I love the ADH but the Contemporary is my favorite resort and a wedding there would be AWESOME.

Can't wait to see what you decide!

So since I am not inviting my whole family and I am not inviting a lot of the friends that I have. I am doing an engagement announcement that is digital. I will be emailing this out so that everyone can feel involved. I made 4 different ones with my software at home and here they are. Let me know which one you like please!

engagementannouncementversion5.jpg

version 1

enagementannouncementversion7.jpg

version 2

enagementannouncementversion6.jpg

version 3

enagementannouncementversion4jpg.jpg

version 4

I hope you like them and let me know which one is your favorite or if you have any suggestions on how I can make them better.

Teresa

Hey guys! So we are going to Disney in December to spend our first Christmas together at our favorite place! How awesome is that?!?! I know our families are having issues with it but we both have just said we don't care and this is what we want to do. :rolleyes1

I have been having some thoughts I thought I should keep you guys in the loop about. I am thinking of not having a cake. The reasons for this are that cakes are just so expensive and I could put that money towards having a dessert party instead. I also am not a big cake fan and I would not really enjoy it as a dessert and I know that I would enjoy the dessert from a dessert party so much more plus there are fireworks. My last reason is because we are doing a brunch menu and to me Cake just does not seem to go with a brunch menu.

So with that now I need to decide on a venue for a dessert party. My first instinct is to go with the UK lochside terrace. The reason for this is because I love the UK we also decided we are not going to invite the whole wedding just about 20 people. This keeps the food price down and it allows for something more intimate. How did you guys choose your dessert party locations? I really do love wishes though and thought about sago cay pointe I am just having a hard time deciding which is better. If we go with Epcot then we have to do transportation which is kind of a bummer I am trying to limit the amount of that kind of stuff that we do. I want fireworks pictures too and I feel like better fireworks pictures are with illuminations. Did anyone get good ones by doing a wishes dessert party? Are outside photographers allowed for wishes dessert parties?

I also downloaded the new weddings passporter and I read that Coronado Springs resort is opening for receptions and ceremonies using the ballrooms there or the Casita Courtyard. This excited me because I think the courtyard is beautiful and CSR is one of our room block resorts. I am now curious about a ceremony in the courtyard and a reception in the ballroom there. I know I am starting to waiver all over the place but I feel like right now I can. I guess I really need a site visit.

So now on to our December trip plans. We are leaving home in Austin, Tx on December 22nd and arriving at the world at 1:30pm we are staying for the majority of the trip at the Wilderness lodge. Here is our schedule:

Thursday Dec. 22nd:
Fly in at 1:30pm and take Magical Express to WL
Go to DHS and ride Star Tours this is always our first ride
ADR @ Mama Melrose's at 5:15pm (this is always our first meal)
we will probably just do some random stuff between our ADRs
ADR @ California Grill at 9:40pm for wishes at 10pm

Friday Dec. 23rd:
Breakfast ADR @ Park Fare 1900 at 9:15am
no plans for the day so far most likely just a park hopping day or go ride horses at fort wilderness
Dinner ADR @ Narcoossee's at 7:30pm (our first time back since our first date in June when we went here for dinner)

Saturday Dec. 24th (christmas eve)
Breakfast ADR @ Cape May Cafe 9:35am
probably a resort hopping day to see decorations and take lots of pictures and get in the christmas spirit
Dinner ADR @ Artist Point 7:50pm
I always watch white christmas so we will do that, open a present from my mom on skype, eat hot chocolate and then maybe hot tub :)

Sunday Dec. 25th (christmas day)
Breakfast ADR @ Ohana at 10:25am
open presents to each other that we brought
this will definitely be a MK day and probably a park hopping day DHS is open late so we will go see the osbourne lights this night or see wishes
Dinner ADR @ yachtsman steakhouse 6:45pm

Monday Dec. 26th
This day we check out of the WL and check in to Pop Century
this day we do our engagement pictures!
Breakfast ADR @ Whispering Canyon 9:20am
Meet Randy Chapman at the WL for engagement pictures at 11am we are going to do pictures at the WL and BC resorts
Possibly mini golf this day or some boating or sailing
Dinner ADR @ Crystal Palace 7:25pm
if we did not see the osbourne lights we can go this night

Tuesday Dec. 27th
Meeting with Reverend Tim Herring at 8:30am at Franck's
Meeting with our Consultant at 9:00am to 11:00am for our site visit the plan is to see the ADH and the Boardwalk rooms and then the Nutcracker room at the contemporary however I might change that to see the ADH the Nutcracker room and the CSR venues
We have a brunch ADR @ Chef Mickey's at 12:10pm this will be my first time I am pumped
the day will be a park hopping day I am sure
Dinner ADR @ Chef Mickey's again b/c my DF said we should go again if we can get it he knows how much I love character meals :) at 9:00pm

Wednesday Dec. 28th
sadly we check out of Pop this day because we are leaving.
Breakfast ADR @ Kona at 9:10am
Lunch ADR @ Teppan Edo at 1:10pm
We fly out of orlando and back to austin at 7:30pm

I am super excited for the trip we only have 38 days left!

Teresa

All of your plans look great!! I can't wait to hear about the site visit and Tim Herring (we're using him too!)

I bet your engagement pictures will be awesome-- WL and BC are great choices!!

I wish I knew when we were going to be up there! DFi won't tell me anything as it's as "surprised trip". :( Hopefully our trips will overlap and we can meet up!

As far as the cake is concerned, if you aren't a big cake fan, then go for the DP! I personally want both :laughing: If I had a DP I'd choose the UK as well!

Can't wait to see what you ultimately decide on!

Hey guys! So we are going to Disney in December to spend our first Christmas together at our favorite place! How awesome is that?!?! I know our families are having issues with it but we both have just said we don't care and this is what we want to do. :rolleyes1

I have been having some thoughts I thought I should keep you guys in the loop about. I am thinking of not having a cake. The reasons for this are that cakes are just so expensive and I could put that money towards having a dessert party instead. I also am not a big cake fan and I would not really enjoy it as a dessert and I know that I would enjoy the dessert from a dessert party so much more plus there are fireworks. My last reason is because we are doing a brunch menu and to me Cake just does not seem to go with a brunch menu.

So with that now I need to decide on a venue for a dessert party. My first instinct is to go with the UK lochside terrace. The reason for this is because I love the UK we also decided we are not going to invite the whole wedding just about 20 people. This keeps the food price down and it allows for something more intimate. How did you guys choose your dessert party locations? I really do love wishes though and thought about sago cay pointe I am just having a hard time deciding which is better. If we go with Epcot then we have to do transportation which is kind of a bummer I am trying to limit the amount of that kind of stuff that we do. I want fireworks pictures too and I feel like better fireworks pictures are with illuminations. Did anyone get good ones by doing a wishes dessert party? Are outside photographers allowed for wishes dessert parties?

I also downloaded the new weddings passporter and I read that Coronado Springs resort is opening for receptions and ceremonies using the ballrooms there or the Casita Courtyard. This excited me because I think the courtyard is beautiful and CSR is one of our room block resorts. I am now curious about a ceremony in the courtyard and a reception in the ballroom there. I know I am starting to waiver all over the place but I feel like right now I can. I guess I really need a site visit.

So now on to our December trip plans. We are leaving home in Austin, Tx on December 22nd and arriving at the world at 1:30pm we are staying for the majority of the trip at the Wilderness lodge. Here is our schedule:

Thursday Dec. 22nd:
Fly in at 1:30pm and take Magical Express to WL
Go to DHS and ride Star Tours this is always our first ride
ADR @ Mama Melrose's at 5:15pm (this is always our first meal)
we will probably just do some random stuff between our ADRs
ADR @ California Grill at 9:40pm for wishes at 10pm

Friday Dec. 23rd:
Breakfast ADR @ Park Fare 1900 at 9:15am
no plans for the day so far most likely just a park hopping day or go ride horses at fort wilderness
Dinner ADR @ Narcoossee's at 7:30pm (our first time back since our first date in June when we went here for dinner)

Saturday Dec. 24th (christmas eve)
Breakfast ADR @ Cape May Cafe 9:35am
probably a resort hopping day to see decorations and take lots of pictures and get in the christmas spirit
Dinner ADR @ Artist Point 7:50pm
I always watch white christmas so we will do that, open a present from my mom on skype, eat hot chocolate and then maybe hot tub :)

Sunday Dec. 25th (christmas day)
Breakfast ADR @ Ohana at 10:25am
open presents to each other that we brought
this will definitely be a MK day and probably a park hopping day DHS is open late so we will go see the osbourne lights this night or see wishes
Dinner ADR @ yachtsman steakhouse 6:45pm

Monday Dec. 26th
This day we check out of the WL and check in to Pop Century
this day we do our engagement pictures!
Breakfast ADR @ Whispering Canyon 9:20am
Meet Randy Chapman at the WL for engagement pictures at 11am we are going to do pictures at the WL and BC resorts
Possibly mini golf this day or some boating or sailing
Dinner ADR @ Crystal Palace 7:25pm
if we did not see the osbourne lights we can go this night

Tuesday Dec. 27th
Meeting with Reverend Tim Herring at 8:30am at Franck's
Meeting with our Consultant at 9:00am to 11:00am for our site visit the plan is to see the ADH and the Boardwalk rooms and then the Nutcracker room at the contemporary however I might change that to see the ADH the Nutcracker room and the CSR venues
We have a brunch ADR @ Chef Mickey's at 12:10pm this will be my first time I am pumped
the day will be a park hopping day I am sure
Dinner ADR @ Chef Mickey's again b/c my DF said we should go again if we can get it he knows how much I love character meals :) at 9:00pm

Wednesday Dec. 28th
sadly we check out of Pop this day because we are leaving.
Breakfast ADR @ Kona at 9:10am
Lunch ADR @ Teppan Edo at 1:10pm
We fly out of orlando and back to austin at 7:30pm

I am super excited for the trip we only have 38 days left!

Teresa

I love Disney at Christmastime!! You guys will have so much fun! :)

What is the weddings passporter you referred to?

I love Disney at Christmastime!! You guys will have so much fun! :)

What is the weddings passporter you referred to?

The wedding passporter book if you do not have it you need to get it!

All of your plans look great!! I can't wait to hear about the site visit and Tim Herring (we're using him too!)

I bet your engagement pictures will be awesome-- WL and BC are great choices!!

I wish I knew when we were going to be up there! DFi won't tell me anything as it's as "surprised trip". :( Hopefully our trips will overlap and we can meet up!

As far as the cake is concerned, if you aren't a big cake fan, then go for the DP! I personally want both :laughing: If I had a DP I'd choose the UK as well!

Can't wait to see what you ultimately decide on!

I really hope you are there when i am!

Teresa

Lindsey, (hope I spelled it right)
Everyone talks about it a lot on here. go to www.passporter.com they make all kinds of disney guides but the wedding one has tons of information and lots of pricing info. it will really help you!

Teresa

Lindsey, (hope I spelled it right)
Everyone talks about it a lot on here. go to www.passporter.com they make all kinds of disney guides but the wedding one has tons of information and lots of pricing info. it will really help you!

Teresa

Thanks! It's spelled Lyndsay...but no worries, no one gets it right the first time...I blame my parents. :rotfl:

#1 is my favourite for your engagement invites :)

We have booked Randy for our day and are really looking forward to meeting him, he has been so helpful during the booking process and I love his work!!!

Your December plans sound FAB, how amazing will Christmas in WDW be?! I hope to do the same sometime in the future! :santa:

I thought about you at the weekend as I saw peacock hairslides.

I had a SCP DP, yes you can use Randy at that but the photos and impact are not as good as illuminations i'd say. You hardly get to see the fireworks as you just pose for photos all the way through!

Did you say you weren't going to invite everyone to the DP? People might feel left out if they've flown into town for your wedding and then only get invited to half your wedding day.

CSR does look gorgeous in those photos but ADH is a very unique location.

I thought about you at the weekend as I saw peacock hairslides.

I had a SCP DP, yes you can use Randy at that but the photos and impact are not as good as illuminations i'd say. You hardly get to see the fireworks as you just pose for photos all the way through!

Did you say you weren't going to invite everyone to the DP? People might feel left out if they've flown into town for your wedding and then only get invited to half your wedding day.

CSR does look gorgeous in those photos but ADH is a very unique location.

aww I am glad you thought of me. you are probably right I think what will really help me decide are the menu options. I like the fact that with SCP I dont have to transport anyone and it just seems to be less of a hassle. Also since I am getting full day coverage with Randy then it wont be a problem and I wont have to pay for more photography, and STVS might be there too since I have them for the full day coverage also. I will have to talk to them about it. I know what you mean but here is my deal I want to do some things that are specific to family and bridal party and besides this will allow those that came down some time to themselves to go to the parks that night and enjoy the rest of their day. I am predicting many will be there just the day before the wedding and the day of and then leave the next day because the wedding is on a Monday. any thoughts on that?

Teresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter