*Teresa & Greg-7/1/12*Swan/Fultons/GF Marina-Epcot Character Fun-Updated*2/22*

Sorry you two had a fight on the first day as a married couple. :sad1: I can agree that the tensions and tiredness from the wedding probably took a huge role in that! I think the day after we are just going to hang out at one of the cabanas by the GF pool and relax!

Trying to go to the parks with family is crazy! We typically have 10 of us and it's madness! :crazy2:

That is cool that you got the little light up clippies, I always wanted one of those! I'm hoping that sporting those "just married" pins will score us some special attention here and there! :goodvibes

Keep posting, I'm a horrible commenter but you know I'm reading! :thumbsup2

Sorry you two had a fight on the first day as a married couple. :sad1: I can agree that the tensions and tiredness from the wedding probably took a huge role in that! I think the day after we are just going to hang out at one of the cabanas by the GF pool and relax!

Trying to go to the parks with family is crazy! We typically have 10 of us and it's madness! :crazy2:

That is cool that you got the little light up clippies, I always wanted one of those! I'm hoping that sporting those "just married" pins will score us some special attention here and there! :goodvibes

Keep posting, I'm a horrible commenter but you know I'm reading! :thumbsup2

I think your cabana plan is spot on!!!And I am beginning to understand the madness people talk about when going to disney with family. the just married pins definitely get more attention than the happily ever after pins that is for sure. We wore both during the trip and the pixie dust happened with the just married buttons on.

There is lots more to come!

Teresa

Aww, now I have to try harder to find those Just Married pins. I had no idea they actually attracted more attention than the Happily Ever After pins.

Sorry to hear your first day as a married couple didn't go as you would have liked. I can only imagine the stress of it being a holiday time, extra family with you that you aren't used to touring with and of course, being tired from the wedding... At least the farewell breakfast looked like a really great time!

Aww, now I have to try harder to find those Just Married pins. I had no idea they actually attracted more attention than the Happily Ever After pins.

Sorry to hear your first day as a married couple didn't go as you would have liked. I can only imagine the stress of it being a holiday time, extra family with you that you aren't used to touring with and of course, being tired from the wedding... At least the farewell breakfast looked like a really great time!

I am telling you because they are so rare and because they specifically say just married they get MUCH MUCH MUCH more attention. The first day ended great it was just a rough middle and it is probably the only section of the trip that I really did not enjoy too much.

Teresa

July 3rd, 2012

This was the day of our Bridal Portraits. We had to start getting ready kind of early because Laine from Beaute was coming to do my hair and makeup again. When I woke up in the morning I realized that my mom had my bridal jewelry and she was all the way over at Coronado Springs. Since I had to start getting my hair and makeup done Greg found his way over to CSR to get my jewelry and he managed to get back in plenty of time to get dressed for the pictures. Laine got my hair and makeup done again and she made it look virtually the same as the wedding day. She was great to chat with and I loved all the time I got to spend with her.

file_zps0d1f06d4.jpg

file_zps98f15bb6.jpg

file_zpsb7881202.jpg

Randy showed up and came to our room. He took some pictures of us getting ready and of Greg helping me with my dress and jewelry.

file_zps5d41bed0.jpg

TG00277-3-12_zpsa43eb69f.jpg

file_zps0d1f06d4.jpg

Once we were all ready it was time to go. We did some quick shots at Saratoga Springs then we hoped in Randy's truck and we were off. Our pictures took place at the Polynesian, Contemporary and Art of Animation. Many of them are available via my photobucket or on Facebook. I am going to put a few of my favorites from each location for you to see.

Saratoga Springs:

file_zps0bb6a804.jpg

file_zps955f78ef.jpg

file_zps61788651.jpg

Polynesian:

file_zps98d6210c.jpg

file_zpsd4ddcaef.jpg

file_zps5d998aff.jpg

file_zps23233db4.jpg

file_zpsd35e9b4f.jpg

file_zpsbe07e0f1.jpg

file_zpsfb1ae0fe.jpg

file_zpsdb382e64.jpg

file_zps914c86d7.jpg

file_zps6b2e8b91.jpg

file_zpscec4decc.jpg

TG14157-3-12.jpg

TG15197-3-12.jpg

TG15437-3-12.jpg

TG16057-3-12.jpg

TG15727-3-12.jpg

More to come from the Contemporary, AoA and what else we did that day!

We move on from the Polynesian to the Contemporary....

file_zps1c62531b.jpg

file_zps8bec92ce.jpg

file_zpsdd042417.jpg

file_zps14fc2c3b.jpg

file_zpsebd488da.jpg

This is where we got engaged so this spot is very special to us!

file_zpsc9c64ad3.jpg

TG09167-3-12.jpg

TG09237-3-12.jpg

TG09757-3-12.jpg

TG10147-3-12.jpg

TG17117-3-12.jpg

TG17257-3-12.jpg

TG18017-3-12.jpg

TG18337-3-12.jpg

TG19517-3-12.jpg

Next Up Art Of Animation....

We wanted to go take pictures at the new resort because of how much I love Cars the movie. The lion king and little mermaid sections were not done and we chose to stay away from Nemo because of the water and crowds. Our cars pictures are some of my favorite pictures. I will put up one picture with each of the cars if you want to see more message me and I will give you the links to the albums on photobucket.

The front of the Resort:
TG19907-3-12.jpg

TG20107-3-12.jpg

TG10377-3-12.jpg

TG10447-3-12.jpg

TG13767-3-12.jpg

Cars Wing:

Doc Hudson
TG10977-3-12.jpg

Cruising Down the Street
TG11067-3-12.jpg

Ramone
TG11187-3-12.jpg

Luigi and Guido
TG11707-3-12.jpg

TG11607-3-12.jpg

Fillmore
TG11917-3-12.jpg

Wheel Well Motel
TG12077-3-12.jpg

Lightning McQueen & Sally
TG12357-3-12.jpg

TG20897-3-12.jpg

Sarge
TG12587-3-12.jpg

Mater
TG12657-3-12.jpg

Flo:
TG21077-3-12.jpg

Sheriff
TG13197-3-12.jpg

Lobby of Art of Animation
TG13367-3-12.jpg

TG13637-3-12.jpg

TG21237-3-12.jpg

More for Day 2...Magic Kingdom and 4th of July Fireworks

It was a relief to finally be done with the bridal portraits and wedding. This meant that now it was time for us to just enjoy being together and being married.

It was really hot and we were so exhausted from the shoot that we got out of our wedding gear and Greg laid down for a nap. I took my hair out and just got online for a while. It was nice to just relax.

Once we were refreshed we headed out to MK for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern as well as the 4th of July fireworks. We got there early and they were slammed busy so we went over to frontierland and picked up a mickey mouse head pretzel and some mustard. We went over by the shooting arcade and made ourselves comfortable to eat our pretzel.

IMG_1652.jpg

I am pretty obsessed with these now!

I was also very excited about my hair because after all that was done to it for the shoot it looked super cool down!

IMG_1650.jpg

After we ate our pretzel we still had some time so we went and saw the Country Bear Jamboree.....that was the first time I had ever seen it and Oh My Goodness...what in the world!

We finally went to get our table at Liberty Tree and man the food was amazing! It is a crap ton of food but it was all very tasty and I really enjoyed it.

While we were eating it started POURING RAIN! I mean pouring rain! This was not the normal middle of the day storm....nooooo it was an evenin downpour. There was no way for us to avoid it because the rain just kept coming down so when we left the restaurant we had to get to a shop to get a shopping bag to cover my camera. I also went and bought a cute hat I had seen to keep my hair from going to frizz central.

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0251-1.jpg

Then we waited in the middle of mainstreet for almost 2 hours for the fireworks. They kept getting delayed because of the weather and it seemed like they would never ever start! So many guests were in crabby moods. They were irritated because they wanted to see the 4th of July fireworks, they were mad because it was not raining anymore and what was wrong with disney, their kids were tired and they needed to leave but mainstreet was packed and they couldn't get through. Greg and I just stayed cheery and took pictures!

IMG_1659.jpg

The fireworks finally started and they were pretty cool. You had the fireworks in front of you over the castle and then behind you coming from the 7 seas lagoon. So it was a pretty immersive experience. I still like Hallowishes best. I will get to see the New Year's fireworks this year and then i can rank all the special fireworks shows at MK.

After the fireworks we decided it was time for us to ride our first ride as a married couple. We talked about it for a while trying to figure out what ride would be the best one. We ultimately settled on Dumbo. It was great to ride it and I am glad we took pictures.

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

Our Dumbo!

After riding Dumbo we rode the Barnstormer which I had never been on even before it was re-done and I had a great time. We grabbed some popcorn our favorite snack at Disney and we did some people watching. We decided to get in one more ride so we headed to Tomorrowland for Buzz. After we rode Buzz it was time to head back to SSR and get some shut eye.

We had such a wonderful time together even with the rain. MK is still not my favorite park but....I am starting to love it more and more.

Teresa

Coming Up: A Rainy 4th of July!

So many gorgeous photos!

I adore the one of you guys in the elevator! That one's just fantastic. And I love that your Simba made it into the bridal portraits too, that's so cool! The ones at Art of Animation are really awesome. They're all awesome :rotfl: :goodvibes

the pictures r all great!
so sorry 2 hear u had a little argument on ur first day of married life but everyone has arguments at some point an u were all tired an stressed wi a situation ur not used 2 so atleast uz realised it an made up quickly so hope u finished ur first day happy :)
love ur time at magic kingdom after ur bridal pics, it seems like u were just relaxed an happy together an u seem to have got a lot done even tho u had an ADR, only went later on in the day an spent 2 hours waitin on fireworks lol i'v never seen disney 4th of july fireworks we'v only been in florida once on 4th of july an we opted for seaworld fireworks which were amazin.
i dnt have a favourite disney park i have favourite parts of each if i could only visit 1 disney park it'd b magic kingdom tho an then hollywood studios is my second choice but i love dinosaur, everest an the lionking show at animal kingdom an epcot i cant miss test track so its jus toooooo hard 2 pick a favourite park or ride lol

Debra
xXx

Love the pics! My favorite is the one with flo!
I love that one too! I have everything together for you by the way for our welcome folder and budget
So many gorgeous photos!

I adore the one of you guys in the elevator! That one's just fantastic. And I love that your Simba made it into the bridal portraits too, that's so cool! The ones at Art of Animation are really awesome. They're all awesome :rotfl: :goodvibes

there are some other pretty funny ones from the elevator

Your photos are great! I'm more and more happy that we booked Randy to take our photos too!

Randy is simply fab!

the pictures r all great!
so sorry 2 hear u had a little argument on ur first day of married life but everyone has arguments at some point an u were all tired an stressed wi a situation ur not used 2 so atleast uz realised it an made up quickly so hope u finished ur first day happy :)
love ur time at magic kingdom after ur bridal pics, it seems like u were just relaxed an happy together an u seem to have got a lot done even tho u had an ADR, only went later on in the day an spent 2 hours waitin on fireworks lol i'v never seen disney 4th of july fireworks we'v only been in florida once on 4th of july an we opted for seaworld fireworks which were amazin.
i dnt have a favourite disney park i have favourite parts of each if i could only visit 1 disney park it'd b magic kingdom tho an then hollywood studios is my second choice but i love dinosaur, everest an the lionking show at animal kingdom an epcot i cant miss test track so its jus toooooo hard 2 pick a favourite park or ride lol

Debra
xXx

I can't wait for the new test track!

July 4th, 2012

This morning we took it really easy. We decided it was time to relax, do some laundry and just be lazy. We really wanted to be able to enjoy our resorts this trip and use the pool areas. So we went to the Paddock Pool which is where the laundry facilities were and we ate breakfast from the pool bar while we did laundry. Once our laundry was done we headed back to the pool for a while to sunbathe and play on the water slide. I really liked their slide.

Our plan had been to do the 4th at Epcot since we had seen the 4th of July magic kingdom fireworks the night before. We got changed and headed out to Epcot. It began raining as we got there so we waited for a while before going into the park and the rain just kept coming down. It really was not showing any signs of stopping. We were able to buy an umbrella though as we both don't like ponchos. We got on spaceship earth hoping by the time we got out the rain might have subsided.

We walked over to the land pavillion to eat lunch and cancel our ADR for the garden grill that night. We just decided due to the rain we wanted to head back to Saratoga Springs because if the rain did not let up we could be waiting a long time for illuminations. We decide to ride the land ride while we were there since we had never done it before...that was interesting and very informative!

From there it was time to leave rainy drenched Epcot I do have to admit I was kind of sad I had wanted to meet some 4th of July characters!
IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

Once we got back we decided that this rainy evening would be a great evening to watch our first movie as a married couple. We headed to Downtown Disney to watch Brave at the AMC. We absolutely loved it and enjoyed the food. We have a theatre similar to that back home so it was nice to get a meal with our movie.

After the movie we headed back to our hotel and it was time for sleep! We would be switching resorts the next day!

Coming Up: Wilderness lodge, boats, new UK friends and more!

Hi Teresa!

Just wanted to stop by your PJ/TR and say hello :wave2:

All your wedding pics look great, and you & Greg looked like you had so much fun! I wanted to tell you that your interview on the Disney Wedding Podcast is what inspired to start looking at a S/D wedding. When you mentioned how Greg said you finally seemed happy about the wedding after talking with them, it really resonated with me. I was running the numbers, and as much as I love Disney, I have been struggling to balance what I love vs what is the best value for my money. Kudos to you for finding the balance because your day turned out great!

Congrats to you and Greg!

Cassie

Aww, sucks about the rainy day. But it still sounds like a nice relaxing day of doing things you'd don't usually do. I'm really looking forward to those moments on my honeymoon--not feeling like I have to hit the parks full blast, but just relax by the pool, see a movie, wander around, etc. :)

I have to ask, did it ever feel like too much work to switch resorts so many times? Sounds really exciting to stay in different places and feel like you're starting your vacation every time but also cumbersome with the luggage. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it. :goodvibes

Some gorgeous pic Teresa! You should be a model ;) You just looked like you were having such a good time with the bridal portraits! Randy sounds like an amazing photographer. (will have to keep him in mind for the future)
The purple Mickey hat is super cute! They didn't happen to have one in blue did they?

All caught up on your TR now! I'm glad you guys got over the drama of the family park day and were able to get down to enjoying your honeymoon. Can't wait to hear about the rest!

Hi Teresa!

Just wanted to stop by your PJ/TR and say hello :wave2:

All your wedding pics look great, and you & Greg looked like you had so much fun! I wanted to tell you that your interview on the Disney Wedding Podcast is what inspired to start looking at a S/D wedding. When you mentioned how Greg said you finally seemed happy about the wedding after talking with them, it really resonated with me. I was running the numbers, and as much as I love Disney, I have been struggling to balance what I love vs what is the best value for my money. Kudos to you for finding the balance because your day turned out great!

Congrats to you and Greg!

Cassie

Thank you so much Cassie that means a lot. All I want to do is be able to help others the way I was helped. I hope you liked the wedding planning part of this journal and I hope you enjoy the trip report. I am trying to get going on it again.

Aww, sucks about the rainy day. But it still sounds like a nice relaxing day of doing things you'd don't usually do. I'm really looking forward to those moments on my honeymoon--not feeling like I have to hit the parks full blast, but just relax by the pool, see a movie, wander around, etc. :)

I have to ask, did it ever feel like too much work to switch resorts so many times? Sounds really exciting to stay in different places and feel like you're starting your vacation every time but also cumbersome with the luggage. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on it. :goodvibes

We never had any issues with it especially once the Dress was picked up by Carolyn Allen's to be cleaned and we sent the boxes of wedding stuff home via fed ex with the help of the concierge. We always had the bellhops come get our stuff and then they would just transfer it to the new resort then the bellhop from the new resort would bring it to our room. It was really fun and it allowed us to feel like we were on an adventure.

Just caught up! I looove your TR

Thanks more is coming I have just been super lazy

Some gorgeous pic Teresa! You should be a model ;) You just looked like you were having such a good time with the bridal portraits! Randy sounds like an amazing photographer. (will have to keep him in mind for the future)
The purple Mickey hat is super cute! They didn't happen to have one in blue did they?

no they just had the purple one but it is so much fun. We had a blast with randy he has worked with us several times now and we are comfortable with him. Thank you for the compliments :)

All caught up on your TR now! I'm glad you guys got over the drama of the family park day and were able to get down to enjoying your honeymoon. Can't wait to hear about the rest!

There is more coming stay tuned....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter