Terrie and James Wedding-At-Home....Tropical Style!!! *September 13, 2008!!!*

baby1disney

DIS Veteran
:rotfl: Ok...so I'm going to attempt to write a journal and get through this..so bear with me!!! LOL!!!

Ok..lemme start with our story about how we got engaged.

I was at a bar and they had a computer station that you could go and browse the internet on. I was on a local date/chat website and decided to get on. Well, I was paired up with a couple of different men and two of them were online. I didn't have a membership that allowed me to contact them for chat, but they did. So, here I am talking to two different guys. There was Mike and James(DH). I kept getting there names mixed up..lol...so bad huh?!?!:rotfl:

Well, James and I were hitting it off pretty well. We talked on the chat for about two hours and then I decided that I wanted to continue the conversation offline. So....I was bold and gave him phone number...not really thinking that he was going to call me back. Well, he did!!:cool1: We talked for another hour and I told him that I would talk to him tomorrow. We also had decided to go out for drinks that next night. So, I got excited because that was another reason for me to go shopping!!! Ladies, you know how that is!!!:lmao:

So, it's the next day and I'm out shopping, getting a new outfit for this date. He calls me and tells me that he should be done with work about 8-8:30 and he'll pick me up about 9:30. I said ok. Well, he calls me at about 9:15 and tells me that he just got off of work and he's sorry but he'll be there as soon as he could. I told him maybe we could reschedule since it was getting kinda late and I wouldn't want him to feel like he's rushing. He said absolutely not and that he'd be there. So, he sure enough came over and from that night on, we haven't been apart except for maybe three times overnight.:hug:

Ok...gotta get back to work...I'll talk about our engagement in my next post!!!:flower3:

OK...so now on to our engagement......:goodvibes

We had went to McDonald's to get some hot fudge sundaes..love em...and I was telling him some things that happened in my past that weren't good. See, I was molested when I was 13 and again when I was about 15/16. For a long time, I blocked out a good protion of my life because I would be with anyone that showed me any kind of love/attention. So, alot of my life, I don't remember...partly because I mentally blocked it out.

I thought for sure after I told him that, he would leave me. At this point and time I only had been seeing him for about a month or so. But, for me, I knew he was the one for me.

After telling him my story, he was really quiet on the way home, only speaking here and there. I'm crying not only because of my story, but also because I was for sure that I had lost the love of my life!!! And yes, it was love at first sight for me...as well as for him..which he told me later on!!:woohoo:

We got back to my place and I went to my room. He comes in there and sits on the end of my bed and just looks at me. He says: " I have just two things to say to you. One, would you please go with me and my family to WDW?!?!?" I just looked at him and started laughing. NO man has EVER asked me to go with his family anywhere, at least ones I was/had dated. I thought he was joking and got mad because he knew just how much I had always wanted to go there. He said: "Well, I talked to my mom and they would be willing to pay your way down there. All you would have to do is bring some spending money." You can imagine the look on my face:eek: :eek: :scared1: :yay: :yay: !!!!

I said YES, I would LOVE to go!!! Of course then, we started to make out!! Then I said: "What was the other question you had for me?" He said: "If things go the way I think they will and you enjoy yourself on this trip and get along with my family, will you please marry me?!?!? I have never found anyone who has made me feel the way you do in the little amount of time you have. All I can do is think about you and want to be with you. Everything reminds me of you!!! It has hit me that you're the one I've been looking for and are meant to be with....you complete me and are me!!!" OMG!!!!:scared1: Talk about a romantic!!!:cool1: I said yes and I haven't looked back...not to say there weren't times when I was soooo mad at him that I had almost called it off!! :lmao:

So, we said that we wouldn't say anything to anyone until we got back from Disney, just to make sure that me and his family got along ok.

Next post: First Disney trip with DH family!!! Now, that's a story!!!!:lmao: :rotfl: :surfweb:

Ok...so here's my story for my very first trip ever to WDW with DH and family!!

So...we go Nov/Dec 2006 during the end of the FWF and beginning of MVMCP. We stayed at SSR and it was beautiful!! We had a studio room and had a view of downtown Disney that was absolutely stunning!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes We had some arguments because DH was trying to show me EVERYTHING in one trip and it was pissing me off!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: I kept telling him that we would be back and that whatever I didn't get to see, I would next trip. He wasn't getting the hint...but do most men ever?!?!?:confused3 :confused3

So, anyways, we get back and I tell my dad that I have something to tell him and could we come over. I get over there and tell him and my stepmom that we're engaged. They looked at me and just said that they both knew that was what we wanted to tell them. They were both extremely happy and gave us both hugs and told us congrats!!

So then the planning begins...........

I'll continue that later on!!

Ok..now on with the fun stuff!!!!

We decided that we wanted to have a beach themed wedding and had originally set the date for 2010...James thought that would be cute...two becomes one theme!! I'm starting to wonder if we really should've waited that long!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

So, then we decided to go with September 20, 2008 because the invites would look like this: 9-20-08!! 20 and 2008 would be combined and we both thought that would be cute.

So, we started going to every place and calling every place for this date and wouldn't you know it?!?! They're all booked up!!! :mad:

So then, we said the 27th of September. That didn't work out because another friend of mine was in that wedding and everyone who would've came to mine, was already invited to theirs!!! UUUGGGHHHHH!!!!:scared1: :mad: :eek:

So then we settled on the 13th. And, I swear on everything that I love, anything that could go wrong, DID!!!:scared1:

There were car accidents, getting sick, losing jobs, not having enough money, anything you could think of, went wrong!!!

But, enough about the bad. I'm going to try and find some pics of different things that we had at the wedding. As soon as I get some pics, I'll put them up!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter