Terrorists in Paris?!

When was this?

I've always seen the military hanging around, ever since I regularly started visiting France three years ago.

we returned home last Friday via eurostar. We were met at customs by a grisly looking fella, chewing come and wearing sunglasses. he was very thorough....maybe he didnt like us and our funny accents?

sums up the world today when you cant even take your kids to a theme park without seeing the local military on show :-(

we returned home last Friday via eurostar. We were met at customs by a grisly looking fella, chewing come and wearing sunglasses. he was very thorough....maybe he didnt like us and our funny accents?

sums up the world today when you cant even take your kids to a theme park without seeing the local military on show :-(

The military are there as its an port of entry to the country as Eurostar comes from the uk

They're not 'on show', they're there for our safety. It can be a little intimidating to see them, especially if they have guns, but I feel safer with them around. :)

Lets face it, the world has never been a "safe" place. When I was a kid I was at a london train station when a bomb went off, and that was probably about 18 years ago now.

there has always been military presence at dlp. its nothing new

i have always found cdg airport to be quite strict. once they woke ash up, swabbed her and the buggy, checked her eyes to make sure she was following them. yeah because i totally use my baby to smuggle drugs lol. they wanted to conviscate vaseline. at least half of our party are always searched even when the alarm doesnt go off. this is nothing new for cdg either.

CDG are great fun;) I got my passport and boarding pass withheld from me when flying back to Manchester with my then 4 year old in case I was kidnapping her (she has a different surname), had to wait around for 30minutes while they checked me out with the police.

Time to stop worrying I guess :)

I'm glad to see the extra security measures in place though. I've never noticed the military on my trips to paris - probably become immune to it after my visits to russia, guards with machine guns on patrol were everywhere and nobody batted an eyelid. strange how what's normal to other countries would probably terrify us brits :)

CDG are great fun;) I got my passport and boarding pass withheld from me when flying back to Manchester with my then 4 year old in case I was kidnapping her (she has a different surname), had to wait around for 30minutes while they checked me out with the police.

:scared1:

I once had a similiar problem going on holiday to Greece from Luton airport with my 2 girls who have a different surname to me.
We were made to wait to one side and then i got asked lots of questions.

I think they thought i was doing a runner away from their father. I wouldn't mind but we had already been split up years. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter