• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thanks

Baldrick

Earning My Ears
This is just to say, thanks to everyone who contributed to a fantastic holiday.

Firstly can I say that Virgin Airlines were great. I know there has been some criticism of Virgin, but the flight from Manchester was far better than I expected and I have no complaints.

Thanks to Debbie for the shortcut from ASMo to the 192 along Sherbeth Road. We used it all the time and it was superb.

The cooler answers also helped. Although we didn't buy one, we took our own collapsable vynil cooler and put ice from the ice makers inside plastic sealable containers. Fantastic, cold beers at the end of a hot day walking around theme parks and cold snacks. By the way we did see some styrofoam coolers at the Winn Dixie in Formosa Gardens on the 192 at $4.99.

Another good tip, was the turnstile at AK in the Rainforest Cafe. After having our bags checked, instead of lining up at the main turnstiles, we just wandered through the shop and straight into the park through the single turnstile at the end.

My worries about driving in the US were unfounded. It was as many of you told me, far easier driving there than at home, and those automatics, superb. In fact, now that I'm home, I still keep forgeting to change gear.

I also took the advice of many Virgin veterans and didn't attend the welcome meeting and from talking to people who did, as you said, it was a total waste of time.

I would also like to say that staying on site at Disney was brilliant for a first timer like me. They were so totally organised, with a nothing is too much trouble attitude that much to my total disappointment, for the first time since I have been going on holiday abroad, I couldn't find anything to complain about.

And last but not least, thanks to Simon for the book. I followed the light, moderate, busy days plan and found that other than a couple of times, it worked perfectly.

There were many other bits of info that I gleened from the site which were a tremendous help, and I thank everyone who contributed to make this once in a lifetime holiday fantastic.

I'm now saving up for the next trip.

Thanks everyone,

Reg

Yay! I'm glad everything came together as planned and you had a great trip :D :D :D

When did you get back? Care to share your highlights? Or maybe even a trip report?

Penny :D

Glad to hear it went so well, Reg and that you're now just as hooked as the rest of us (as if there was ever any doubt ;))

There are so many great tips that we pick up from these boards - just little things that make a difference. I wouldn't have known about the Sherberth Road entrance to WDW myself without these forums and, like you, we use it all the time now. It's never occurred to me to use the Rainforest Cafe entrance to get into AK, but you can be sure I will in future if there are big queues at the main turnstiles.

I'd love to hear some more about your trip too.

Sounds as though you had a really great time Reg.

Welcome Home

Great to hear you had a brilliant time:D

I'd love to hear some high (or low!) lights of your trip:Pinkbounc

Welcome Back Reg :wave:

Glad to hear you had a great time and that the tips from the Boards helped you enjoy your trip even further! :D

Welcome back Reg :) ! So pleased you had such a good time and that the tips you received helped! Any more details that you can 'spare' would be welcomed !

Welcome back :)
They were so totally organised, with a nothing is too much trouble attitude that much to my total disappointment, for the first time since I have been going on holiday abroad, I couldn't find anything to complain about.
LOL! That sounds like a satisfied customer to me!

Glad to hear you're already talking about planning the next 'once in a lifetime' trip ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter