That ain't my Mickey Mouse

frisco

DIS Veteran
Sorry in advance if anyone is insulted by this.

I was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel with my kids this morning. Not the old one of course, but the new kiddie one. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my kids like it. But wow - How far Mickey has fallen.

Remember the old Disney cartoons? Mickey was actually funny. It wasn't geared directlym only at kids. Adults could find it funny and enjoyable too. It sort of bums me out a bit that this is how my kids will come to know Mickey and the rest of the characters. It also worries me that as they get older, they'll lose interest in going to Disney because of how childish the new cartoons are.

Vent over.:)

Even though I don't have any children, I agree. I saw it one day, I couldn't help remembering the old ones. Those were good cartoons. Some kids will never see the calssic ones like Chip'n'Dale with Clarice or Goofy's instructional cartoons. I loved those ones!!! I used to watch them before going to school.

Wasn't there cartoons about a bear at a national park who always got into trouble with the ranger? And no, I don't mean Yogi :rolleyes: !!!

:rotfl: Oh yeah. I remember the bears and the ranger. My brother and I loved to watch them. One episode I remember so vividly because it had this catchy tune that the bears sang when the ranger forced them to clean up the park: "Pick the paper up put it in the bag-- bump, bump". The bump bump was when they hit their butts together. So funny. Perhaps a more amusing cartoon set for the "Disney Channel" crowd is in order. I am happy with the Playhouse Disney Mickey-- as it is geared for toddlers but it would be fun to put the cartoons back with humor for Disney Channel.

Oh Wow! As signing on this morning I just changed the channel OFF Disney due to the "new" Mickey- I am watching Step by Step as I get ready for work-
I, too, have tried to explain to my kids the "real" Mickey Mouse- they do like the new Mickey and all that comes with him but this is not the Mickey I fell in love with.
I think it would be fabulous if they would play the older Mickey, Donald, Goofy cartoons on Disney Channel too. Even, have a Classic Mickey hour or something. I wish Sunday evenings still had "The Wonderful World of Disney" opening with a great Disney movie or cartoon. That would bring back so many memories! Well this is when we feel old guys. Mickey as we knew him has become nostalgic...

Welcome to the 21st Century, where cartoons are no longer allowed to be funny because they have to be educational to meet the quota of hours.

Sorry in advance if anyone is insulted by this.

I was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the Disney Channel with my kids this morning. Not the old one of course, but the new kiddie one. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad my kids like it. But wow - How far Mickey has fallen.

Remember the old Disney cartoons? Mickey was actually funny. It wasn't geared directlym only at kids. Adults could find it funny and enjoyable too. It sort of bums me out a bit that this is how my kids will come to know Mickey and the rest of the characters. It also worries me that as they get older, they'll lose interest in going to Disney because of how childish the new cartoons are.

Vent over.:)

So true, plus it's basically a ripped off version of Dora the Explorer. It definitely won't be cool as a child gets older.

The new Mickey Mouse is fine. Kids love it and it will be "their" Mickey Mouse.

Hot dog, Hot dog, hot diggity dog.

I was originally offended by the new mickey mouse clubhouse, but after watching it a few times, I got to like it. Yeah, its a different mickey. But there's plenty of classic mickey available on DVD. My kids watch the classic Mickey Donald Goofy stuff all the time and they love it.

:rotfl: Oh yeah. I remember the bears and the ranger. My brother and I loved to watch them. One episode I remember so vividly because it had this catchy tune that the bears sang when the ranger forced them to clean up the park: "Pick the paper up put it in the bag-- bump, bump". The bump bump was when they hit their butts together. So funny. Perhaps a more amusing cartoon set for the "Disney Channel" crowd is in order. I am happy with the Playhouse Disney Mickey-- as it is geared for toddlers but it would be fun to put the cartoons back with humor for Disney Channel.

It's Humphrey the Bear and I think the song goes:

First you pick it up, put it in the bag, bump bump
Then you bend your back, put it in the sack, bump bump
That's the way it's done, it's a lot of fun, bump bump
Puttin paper, puttin paper in the bag.

It's Humphrey the Bear and I think the song goes:

First you pick it up, put it in the bag, bump bump
Then you bend your back, put it in the sack, bump bump
That's the way it's done, it's a lot of fun, bump bump
Puttin paper, puttin paper in the bag.

Click here to see the video (courtesy of YouTube of course lol).

I agree that the old style of cartoons is much better than the more modern ones. We miss the classic cartoon channel that WDW resorts used to have, it was one of our favorite resort 'touches'.

I think that the age of classic cartoons will never be duplicated because of having to be PC, much like these boards. It seems to me that most cartoons now a days are either educational mush or very crass.

However, regardless of storyline, they could still execute the artistry and music composition of the classics.

YOU GUYS ROCK! I LOVE IT! :banana:m Pick the paper up hmm hmm hmm I will sing this all day!

The new Mickey Mouse is fine. Kids love it and it will be "their" Mickey Mouse.

Hot dog, Hot dog, hot diggity dog.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

My nieces and nephews love the show.
The oldest two (9 and 11) can't wait to return to WDW and youngest two (2 and 1) can't wait to go for the first time.

The show may have changed but it will have the same result - creating life long Disney fans.$$$$

Click here to see the video (courtesy of YouTube of course lol).

OMG, you ROCK!!!!! :worship: :worship:

My two brothers and I absolutely loved this cartoon when we were little! We would sing that song all the time.

Fast foward many years...me, DH, and DS were in the yard picking up sticks and limbs after Hurricane Katrina and I told them we should divide the yard up into sections like they did in the Humphry cartoon. DH was Disney-deprived growing up and had no idea what I was talking about, and of course DS didn't know either. So I explained the cartoon to them, and DS got the biggest kick out of singing that song. It really made the day go by faster! Now, after every storm or hurricane, when there's a gazillion sticks to pick up in the yard, we'll (mentally) divide the yard into sections and sing "In the Bag" and race to see who can get their section picked up the fastest. Makes a boring job a lot more fun!

DS loves classic cartoons, and will be especially thrilled when I can show him this one!!!

The problem stems from mass production. I don't claim to know what Walt Disney would think, but I would venture a guess that the crap they pass off as cartoons would make him explode.

I briefly saw the Mickey Mouse Club cartoons while taking care of my grandkids. I couldn't believe it. Mickey is talking and he turns his head several times. In the process his head turns and his ears stay in one spot. No sense of reality at all. The kids liked it (they don't know any better, what with Pokemon and all) but I couldn't watch it. It was way too distracting and just plain garbage.

It makes me want to find Walt's frozen body and throw it in a microwave to revive him just long enough to fire everyone on the staff responsible for that no quality production.

I have to disagree. My daughter has watched MMC since she was two. She adores all the characters and now cannot wait to go vist Mickey Mouse.

I find the show is much higher in quality than shows like Dora. Every now and then there is a little joke in there for the parents---believe me I've seen every one of them multiple times.

What is wrong with having a Mickey Mouse show that is educational and targeted to small children? I think it is a smart business decision for Disney----get them hooked when they are young.

i'm only 22 and i remember those old cartoons! i absolutely loved them when i was little and i miss them now. is there a dvd or something you can buy that has them? i don't think they run on them tv anymore, unless they do on some obscure on demand channel that my cable doesn't get.

i'm only 22 and i remember those old cartoons! i absolutely loved them when i was little and i miss them now. is there a dvd or something you can buy that has them? i don't think they run on them tv anymore, unless they do on some obscure on demand channel that my cable doesn't get.

They've released a ton of them on their "Walt Disney Treasures" DVD's, but those were all limited in production and sold out quickly. There are a lot of the old cartoons on their DVD series "Classic Cartoon Favorites" which are still in production and widely available. Google it and you should find them. Those are hour long DVD's, have about 6 cartoons, and sell for $10-$15 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter